Tear jerker moments

Yep adding to my post above...I agree about John Ward's voice too. I also remember growing up...at night during basketball seasons my dad and I trying to find the Vols games on the radio...being in NC...scan...static...scan...static...wait was that John Ward's voice ? I think it was...back it up just a little...now just a hair forward...it is John Ward...BOTTOM !!...We've got it now !! :eek:lol: This of course was before digital and before the internet.

Pop if you can read this...I'm sure you're laughing.

When Casey hit Witten for that TD, I looked over at a buddy, who was know to get a bit emotional when drunk(we were just drinking cokes during the game:):whistling:), and literally saw tears rolling down his cheeks. I called him out on it and his response was "I can't take any more of these OTs! I just love TN Football man!" bahaha

Probably not what you were going for with the original post, but that's the only actual tears I've seen at a TN sporting event.

I don't know if I'd call it a "tear jerker moment" but I was pretty flustered and my eyes swelled up when Tennessee won the Sweet 16. I was so happy they finally got over the hump. The fact that the game could have gone either way made it that much better. Really thought they were going to blow it

Thanks for sharing that story. I lost my father to cancer last year and Tennessee football was one of the things that he and I shared such a special bond with. I cannot even begin to count how many games we watched together, how many we listened to on the radio, and how many "round table" discussions we had about UT when I was growing up and into my adult years. My Dad loved UT and is the single biggest reason why I'm such a fan today. Now that's gone forever and even though I'm still a huge UT fan, it's honestly not as enjoyable without my Dad.

The painfully ironic thing is my first son was born last year as well (my Dad never got to see him). I can only hope that I can pass down that same bond to him that my Dad did with me.

I totally understand what you mean, my dad never got to meet my daughter either. Every time I sit down to watch UT football, she climbs into my arms (she's 3 now) and watches with me. I hope someday to be able to take her to a UT game.

2009 alabama game. living room full of guys and girlfriends/wifes. going from such extreme highs to so very low, every man in the room walked outside and had there own little moment to themselves, We were all between 22-26. and the first time i was in Neyland 2000 ucla game i think, went with my cousin and uncle and as we were walking in the stadium my uncle turned both of us around to look at all the people coming in and said"sure is beautifull is'nt it" looked up and he had one tear fall down his face, and this was/is the toughest man i've ever known.

any the sweet 16, i was in panama city beach for spring break watching the game at hooters and we were the only vol fans in the place cause our spring break was when ohio's was. i dont know if i ever sang rockytop louder

VN Store

Back