Team's identity

bnhunt

This team has none. Watching that game yesterday was just sad. 3 years into this coaching regime and this program has no identity. We tried some BS version of the hurry up yesterday because it worked for Ole Miss, but we didn't really implement it because our 5th year QB can't run it, although Ole Miss' freshman QB can. We run it fairly well I guess, but fat boy Jim won't commit to it and our passing game is terrible beyond an occasional fly route. The D was also clueless yesterday and I could not believe how soft they were and the tacking was terrible. I thought CJP was supposed to be a tough, defensive-minded HC. He better get this fixed quickly or he will be coaching for his job next year.

Look at the "leader" of this team, his body language and bratty attitude matches this teams identity to a T. So much lack of awareness, the "leader" of this team is shooting metaphorical arrows in the air when down 3 TDS. The "leader" of this team only cares about 1 thing and thats number 2.

As far as Pruitt goes, he needs to go

They've played that kid too long. He's had every chance in the world to take this thing and run with it. He can't throw a simple slant pass or a out route. I don't know how you can say he gives this team the best chance to win.. They waste 4 or 5 possessions every game and it's way too many to beat good teams.

Nah, Pruitt just got an extension, he has 3 more years unless we completely tank the rest of this season and all of next year. I agree with you on the tackling, I posted on another tread about how many times I watched #11 be in position to make a tackle for no gain only to be run over for a 3 yard gain. We look soft and weak as a defense, I think our S&C is subpar for the SEC.

They've played that kid too long. He's had every chance in the world to take this thing and run with it. He can't throw a simple slant pass or a out route. I don't know how you can say he gives this team the best chance to win.. They waste 4 or 5 possessions every game and it's way too many to beat good teams.
Our offense has been outscored 28-21 by opposing teams DEFENSES in the last 10 quarters but don't worry, Pruitt said this was our best offensive performance this year

Nah, Pruitt just got an extension, he has 3 more years unless we completely tank the rest of this season and all of next year. I agree with you on the tackling, I posted on another tread about how many times I watched #11 be in position to make a tackle for no gain only to be run over for a 3 yard gain. We look soft and weak as a defense, I think our S&C is subpar for the SEC.
The defense isn't weak, they've given up because of the catering to one certain player on this team. They've had multiple goal line stands this year and have looked really good until last week when they said f it

Our offense has been outscored 28-21 by opposing teams DEFENSES in the last 10 quarters but don't worry, Pruitt said this was our best offensive performance this year
I heard Captain Cornbread's comment and thought it to be just as dense as he seems to be.

Identity is the exact same as FSU and Nebraska.................zero QB play and and play scared!

Reactions: AllVols
Going forward we should should be a heavy run and deep ball team. JGs best passes are deep balls

VN Store

Back