Team Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder

Yeah, that's the bright spot we shot awful and barely lost. Russ played ok, Grant played good D, Adams was ok but got abused by Kanter, the rest of the team was just straight azz.

24-10-10 on 8/17 shooting and our fan base is blaming Russ while defending PG...he has quickly became this fan bases new KD, never gonna get any blame.

24-10-10 on 8/17 shooting and our fan base is blaming Russ while defending PG...he has quickly became this fan bases new KD, never gonna get any blame.
I don’t think the blame is on anyone in particular. It’s on our defense in whole. We played the whole game with the defense we played in the second half, would’ve won the game imo. If you look at pg’s shooting numbers only you think he had a horrible night, but he had 10 rebounds, and 4 steals. Also went to the line 6 line times. Of course you would want him to maybe quit shooting once he sees he’s off, but if he does that puts more pressure on russ. You can’t blame one particular player, is what I’m getting at.

I don’t think the blame is on anyone in particular. It’s on our defense in whole. We played the whole game with the defense we played in the second half, would’ve won the game imo. If you look at pg’s shooting numbers only you think he had a horrible night, but he had 10 rebounds, and 4 steals. Also went to the line 6 line times. Of course you would want him to maybe quit shooting once he sees he’s off, but if he does that puts more pressure on russ. You can’t blame one particular player, is what I’m getting at.

Our D was bad the first quarter, it was smothering the 2nd and 3rd, gave up 39 in the first and 37 combined in the second and third, and average in the 4th, and had a 94 Def rating for the game. D wasn't the problem. Russ, Dennis, PG, and Grant going 4/29 from 3 was the problem.

PG also had 0 assists and 4 TOs, shot 8/24 and 4/15 he was awful, to say otherwise is foolish. If Russ had a game similar to that, everyone would be trashing him for being inefficient and shooting too much. But with PG its "oh he wasnt that bad and MAYBE he should shoot less." Lol Thanks for proving my point. I'm not blaming one player, but your 2 stars have to play well and one didn't. TBF he knows he was bad, and he'll be better, he has to be.

BTW I know it sounds like I'm being hard on PG, but this is the same thing that happened with KD and it's annoying AF. Fans coddle the sh*t out of him, it's ok to say he sucked. I love Russ but will always be critical when he deserves it.

Another reason we need Burton playing more next year is PG just needs to play less minutes, he wears down as the season goes on, even in Indy his numbers decreased after January. Getting him down to about 32 during the regular season would be optimal IMO.

Our D was bad the first quarter, it was smothering the 2nd and 3rd, gave up 39 in the first and 37 combined in the second and third, and average in the 4th, and had a 94 Def rating for the game. D wasn't the problem. Russ, Dennis, PG, and Grant going 4/29 from 3 was the problem.

PG also had 0 assists and 4 TOs, shot 8/24 and 4/15 he was awful, to say otherwise is foolish. If Russ had a game similar to that, everyone would be trashing him for being inefficient and shooting too much. But with PG its "oh he wasnt that bad and MAYBE he should shoot less." Lol Thanks for proving my point. I'm not blaming one player, but your 2 stars have to play well and one didn't. TBF he knows he was bad, and he'll be better, he has to be.
You’re right he has to play better, but to say he’s the reason we lost is a stretch. And incorrect, imo. I love him, but a lot of the blame goes on Adams too. He needs to be more physical on Kanter. Chalk it up as a bad game and move on though, I still think we win the series.

Reactions: BadJerry20
You know, when kd entered free agency a few years ago the last team that anyone really predicted was the warriors. Who’s the team that people think there’s no way he goes to this time? I don’t think he’s coming back, but I do think there’s a possibility he Potts with the idea.

You’re right he has to play better, but to say he’s the reason we lost is a stretch. And incorrect, imo. I love him, but a lot of the blame goes on Adams too. He needs to be more physical on Kanter. Chalk it up as a bad game and move on though, I still think we win the series.

Dude, I never said he was the lone reason, just that it was annoying that he gets a pass for playing bad. Everyone except Russ and Adams were bad on offense, and 100% Adams can't let Kanter get 18 rebounds again. Some of PG is on Russ, he has to recognize he's off and take more shots he was getting in the lane about anytime he wanted. If we just hit 3 of our 500 missed 3's we win. It's not what this team does, but I really think next game they dominate from the opening tip next game.

VN Store

Back