Team Peterman

After Nathan was thrown in the fire at the swamp last year, Vol fans had a melt down concerning his performance. I would love to see this young man succeed and prove he has what it takes to be a good SEC QB.
Good luck Nathan Peterman

Reactions: 2 people
Yeah you're right. I may be the first one on the bandwagon. But I've always been a fan of this guy. There's a reason Butch went to him early in the season when both Worley, Dobbs, and Ferguson were all healthy. He said he was the one that proved it most in practice that week, and the Florida game was just an unfortunate anomaly. I think he's doing the same right now in fall camp, proving he's the man for the job again.

I've kept very close attention to all the fall camp practice write-ups and from what I've gathered, Peterman has been the most consistent of all and has moved up to QB2 behind Worley, atm. I've heard Dobbs has been poor, under throwing and over throwing receivers in skeleton drills which should be easy completions. Worley on the other hand has looked good but has been very up and down and had 3 red-zone picks the other day.

While I do think Worley will probably be the starter for Utah State, I think Peterman will become the QB of the 2014 season and beyond, at some point. From all the practice videos and reports, he's seems to have the most consistency, best footwork, zip on his passes, and timing with the Wide Receivers.

Doubt there's many in this camp but I'm full-Peterman here, and hope he has a big year for the Vols.

GBO.

611e4acad895cc3e207e31e3740c2da4.jpg

damn give the kid a break,who knows what will happen this year,but I'm not going to hold 2 quarters of bad football against him,especially since it was his first game,it should actually the blame should be on CBJ, for not pulling him out sooner

Well said!!!!!!!! Give the kid a break!

In 2005, Ainge had a pretty disastrous game against LSU. Who could ever forget the over-the-shoulder pick-6 / face plant into the goal post? He went on to lead us to our last successful seasons as a junior and senior. At this point, it appears that Peterman being the guy next year is at least as likely and maybe more likely than Dobbs starting, so we may as well forget what he did as a RS freshman and get accustomed to the idea of him contending for the starting spot.

I think bUTch wants to start Worley , and RS Dobbs . The fact that Worley can not separate himself is not good for his prospects IMO . I wouldn't be surprised to see Peterman be named the starter . It really bothers me that some posters dismiss the guy because of one bad game in which he had a broken thumb . I have no problem with giving him another shot

I would love to see Dobbs get a RS this season. Especially, if Worley and Peterman are outperforming him in practice.

Reactions: 1 person
I would love to see Dobbs get a RS this season. Especially, if Worley and Peterman are outperforming him in practice.

I was kind of bummed about Dobbs's apparent struggles, but that's a good way to look at it considering his major. Another positive I take from the situation is that now it's starting to look like maybe Dobbs or Peterman can be the starter next year. They still have a season to improve before they have to hold off some talented true freshmen. The possibility of a true freshman starting QB in 2015 is one of two things I see as potentially huge blows to Jones's longevity. The other is not being able to squeeze 6 wins out of this season and what that does to recruiting.

Here we go again! They are starting to build Peterman up just like they did with Ferguson!

Assuming Ferguson can't play just because he left is just as bad as assuming he can play without ever actually seeing him in a game.

I took God 7 days
That was 6. He rested on the 7th. Peterman can be considered an underdog with an edge. He's an underdog due to a situation that overwhelmed a very young-but-talented athlete on a perfect storm of a very first start in an overtly hostile environment, then he had no choice but to either transfer, or to endure the wrath of a licentious portion of his team's fans. His edge is that very same God-given talent, his drive to excel in the face of absurd nay-sayers' hurtful statements. his coaches', teammates' and many fans' knowing he's better than that disastrous game and their realization of his huge heart. I don't care who starts as long as it's the best QB we've got for Butch's system, but I'd be delighted for Nathan Peterman to either be the one to start, or at least to enjoy playing a lot and playing well. :popcorn:

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back