Team Colors

DonDiego

Carolina del Sur
Now, don't get me wrong, there is nothing even close to orange and white for beauty, but otherwise, if you couldn't have the beautiful orange and white as your color, what SEC team's color would you choose?

headshake1.gif
Nope. None. Not a one. Not jorty orange, not Coke bottle red, not car dealership crimson, not Kroger cobalt, not Scarolina scarlett, not gumbo geaux-ld or commode gold, not even those new boys with their creamy boomers or their burnt browns, no sir.

Got no problem with offseason questions. Just can't. Not this one.

If I was teleported to some alternate universe where I ran into myself wearing that Ty-D-Bol crimson, well -- I'd make it painless.

It doesn't really answer the OP's question, but I was watching the Lady Vol softball team the other day, and I liked the way they incorporated sky blue with orange. It's not a bad combination. I think it looks much better than any of the orange and black uniform combinations the football team has tried.

If I had to...

I mean, if you really forced us to...

No choice in the matter...

And we couldn't pick orange and white...

I think I'd pick smokey grey.

Heh.

Go Vols!

p.s. Green is always a safe alternate in the SEC. Not a single team claims any shade of it. Having said that, I would never choose it as my team's color. We're not Michigan State. :)

If I had to...

I mean, if you really forced us to...

No choice in the matter...

And we couldn't pick orange and white...

I think I'd pick smokey grey.

Heh.

Go Vols!

p.s. Green is always a safe alternate in the SEC. Not a single team claims any shade of it. Having said that, I would never choose it as my team's color. We're not Michigan State. :)
I hate smokey grey!!!

Now, don't get me wrong, there is nothing even close to orange and white for beauty, but otherwise, if you couldn't have the beautiful orange and white as your color, what SEC team's color would you choose?
I got you wrong! Why do you want to fix something that is not broken?????

If I was a child, with no guiding influences and no team allegiances, and there was no Tennessee orange...

I think I would be attracted to some combination of blue and green. Not that horrid neon "action green" that burns retinas today, but something classy, like the old Seahawks unis:
GettyImages-605944.jpg

I also admired the old classic UCLA uniform, back when it was more khaki than "gold" or yellow...
1684062427432.jpeg

But thank goodness I was raised right with the classic orange and cream Vols uniforms. Glad to see them returned to the basketball and baseball teams.

Seems to me there's a natural, scientific documentary to be made (if enough people are still alive from the day) on what UTAD people have gone through experimenting and adapting Tennessee's colors to the demands of television technology through the decades, to make numbers and names readily identifiable.

The problem presents a natural, historically revisited conjunction of physics, electronics, color theory, psychology, and the demographics of tradition and marketing.

Is anybody in the UTAD production dept or Cinema Studies reading VolNation? We can provide for you the same advice and insight we do for all the coaches.

Reactions: VolFanatic27
Orange > EVERYTHING ELSE

Just ask Framk...“Orange is the happiest color,” Frank Sinatra said of his favorite hue, which showed up in his clothes and his houses.

OIP.DYUQyuyt5g87weu3ZyuZkQHaEW

1b8df028881860771b9119be01a46b23.jpg

dam-images-celebrity-homes-1998-frank-sinatra-frank-sinatra-01-portrait.jpg
Cool pics of the coolest. I like the first one, where the lady is giving his sweater a trim.
(And I'm guessing only Sinatra's closest friends called him Framk!)

Smokey Grey.

Honestly, I like our stormtrooper unis better than the Orange.

And, yes Lady Vol sky blue.

I really dont like red, in any combination. And, KY Blue just looks like Kroger.

I cant believe I'm about to say this, because I despise everything about this football team but The Florida OG blues, probably, maybe...

Reactions: DonDiego
Those old Seahawks unis were legit.
If I was a child, with no guiding influences and no team allegiances, and there was no Tennessee orange...

I think I would be attracted to some combination of blue and green. Not that horrid neon "action green" that burns retinas today, but something classy, like the old Seahawks unis:
GettyImages-605944.jpg

I also admired the old classic UCLA uniform, back when it was more khaki than "gold" or yellow...
View attachment 551399

But thank goodness I was raised right with the classic orange and cream Vols uniforms. Glad to see them returned to the basketball and baseball teams.

Reactions: BruisedOrange
I love the smokey grey and summitt blue.

If we're just talking about colors in general, I love Long Island and Coastal Carolina, and basically any neon colors.

Forced to change to another SEC color..............

I'd go with the Powder Blue Ole Miss color scheme.

Orange PMS151 and white.

I've often wanted to go back in time and slap Ray Mears upside the head for adding that damned baby blue.

Also bring back big shoulder pads and rhino rolls.

View attachment 551400
Gotta disagree. Tennessee's uniforms back during the Ray Mears years were the best looking basketball uniforms I have ever seen, especially the road uniforms.
Ernie Grunfeld.jpg

Last edited:

VN Store

Back