Team 121 and trollpocalypse of 2017

I think most don't have an issue with discussing the future of CBJ whether you are for or against him remaining HBC. It's the character assasination that is problematic. Why verbally assault the man? Express your disgust with Xs and Os and Wins and Lossess but their shouldn't be an argument about the mans dedication and effort. To attack him with ridicule and strong internet tough guy approaches is childish and beneath the program. You know what I'm talking about...the "GTFO" approach or name calling. Why? Simply state you want him out. The dude gave a lot and made tremendous strides in our program...if he didn't win enough then so be it. Thank him and send him on his way. Like an adult.

Reactions: 1 person
I think most don't have an issue with discussing the future of CBJ whether you are for or against him remaining HBC. It's the character assasination that is problematic. Why verbally assault the man? Express your disgust with Xs and Os and Wins and Lossess but their shouldn't be an argument about the mans dedication and effort. To attack him with ridicule and strong internet tough guy approaches is childish and beneath the program. You know what I'm talking about...the "GTFO" approach or name calling. Why? Simply state you want him out. The dude gave a lot and made tremendous strides in our program...if he didn't win enough then so be it. Thank him and send him on his way. Like an adult.

Has anyone actually done that to him or just ranting on social media, by folks that we cant confirm are adults?

sweet, another super fan lecture. Im sure this one will go mich better than all the others.

Does everyone really thing they will be the one to change everything here? Reminds me of women attracted to men that beat them, they all think they will be the one with a different result.

👍👍👍

Butch is in a prime situation to turn this whole mess around with a solid COACHING performance this weekend. Very few times have I read people directly downing him or his character but his job performance (by that I mean the teams w-l performance). Unfortunately with coaching usually nice guys finish last, think Briles, Petrino, Saban, etc. Butch's teams historically play UGA very tough and a loss would devastate the pups Smart momentum. As stated by many respectable posters we have the talent to compete and win, especially at home. The program is always bigger than one man and we have been taught this lesson a lot lately.

Exactly, we have hashed and rehashed everything. Itd be wiser to let the season play out then make the necessary decisions and do so with some class. You and JC61 made excellent points.

A million threads with fahr Jones and how bad we have looked and a million keep Jones threads we really aren't that bad. How funny we as a fanbase must be to rivals right now. Boo's at games and all that.

Just play football, let things fall as they fall and then do what we gotta do. Act like we been there before.

Sweet, another Super fan lecture. Im sure this one will go mich better than all the others.

Does everyone really thing they will be the one to change everything here? Reminds me of women attracted to men that beat them, they all think they will be the one with a different result.

WTF??? THIS came to mind on a sports chat?

"Sigman Freud, spill on aisle 2"

Well guys and gals, here we are.

We are exactly who we thought we might be so far- starting over with new leadership, finding a new offensive identity, the defense sorely in need of 3-4 guys to step up, and a coaching staff that is on pace to lead us to quite an unremarkable but predictable 7-8 win season. And is it really any surprise that this many of our fans, instead of criticizing this team constructively, has decided to throw caution to the wind and just start a social media dumpster fire on this board and other sites like Facebook or Twitter? Look I know none of us are CEOs of Fortune 500 companies (except for you Jimmy Haslam bc I know you read this stuff lol) but can you guys just get a hold of yourselves and think for minute? I know y'all can do it. Some may have to try harder than others. But this football team lost a huge chunk of leadership and identity.

So can you guys just cheer for them and, I don't know, maybe try to give them a little more confidence going forward this year? It's only been 4 freaking games... I'm not asking you to do it for me or for Butch. Lord knows if y'all turn in your season tickets I'll gladly take them off your hands (for much lower than face bc we suck so bad...). But rally around this team bc you love Saturdays in the fall and watching Tennessee football in this great country of ours. After all, there's nothing wrong with enjoying something that you love every once in a while. I mean you guys at least respect this program enough to (laughably) believe that Bob Stoops is by his phone waiting for us like a 16 year old girl waiting on a Snapchat.

Anyway, in closing, many ppl on here actually like the Vols. We like getting on this board and talking about the X's and O's and the fact that if we pack Neyland stadium this Saturday, make it loud and get behind this team that they actually CAN take down Georgia. So if you're not gonna agree with any of that then you're a troll. That's right. You're no better than a closet jorts wearing Florida fan that's on here talking crap just to get everybody riled up. And pretty soon the only other ppl you're talking to is other trolls bc you've been blocked by everyone else. So, please, don't be THAT guy!

Go VOLS!

It's year 5 and we now know, what we have in Butch Jones. Many fans, including myself are questioning whether Butch Jones is worth over 4mil/year to get us to where we are now.
I'd hate to go through another cluster Fu** of a coaching search, like the last one. Why not just keep Jones, if UT doesn't plan on stepping up to the plate and paying what it takes to get "their coach" like Georgia and Alabama, Michigan and other top programs

volnbama, don't take this the wrong way brother but I had already put you in the "not gonna listen to any reasonable argument" section and you've been on ignore from waaay back so... sorry? :)
I don't know I just always looked at the ignore button as a surrender button. Just a way to slither out of having to come up with sound, factual rebuttals. I guess to each his own.

What most of the self-important bone heads on here fail to understand is that the snowflake-esque constant complaining does nothing but paint UT in a worse light than Butch Jones or any coach ever could. What's worse, we can't fire the crappy fans so that stain won't come out.

But go ahead and keep whining, snowflakes. The smart fans will live the positive change they wish to see. The rest will take care of itself. I applaud the OP.
says the snowflake whining about the whinners. Not sure whats worse losing or the fans that are content with the losing. I would probably say the fans that are content with it because they refuse to demand positive change! The positive change they wish to see. I guess you're wishing for a unicorn to be discovered.

Some of us know that positivity ALWAYS brings better results than whining, *****ing and complaining. It's the difference between being an adult and a spoiled brat.

Patience is a virtue and optimism is good for the soul.
are you being serious? This is a message board and will have absolutely zero bearing on how well or bad this team does. We can all set around patting each other on the back and be agreeing one how awesome this team and CBJ are and the only thing we will accomplish is to reinforce each other's delusions!

We are exactly who we thought we might be so far- starting over with new leadership, finding a new offensive identity, the defense sorely in need of 3-4 guys to step up, and a coaching staff that is on pace to lead us to quite an unremarkable but predictable 7-8 win season. And is it really any surprise that this many of our fans, instead of criticizing this team constructively, has decided to throw caution to the wind and just start a social media dumpster fire on this board and other sites like Facebook or Twitter? Look I know none of us are CEOs of Fortune 500 companies (except for you Jimmy Haslam bc I know you read this stuff lol) but can you guys just get a hold of yourselves and think for minute? I know y'all can do it. Some may have to try harder than others. But this football team lost a huge chunk of leadership and identity.

So can you guys just cheer for them and, I don't know, maybe try to give them a little more confidence going forward this year? It's only been 4 freaking games... I'm not asking you to do it for me or for Butch. Lord knows if y'all turn in your season tickets I'll gladly take them off your hands (for much lower than face bc we suck so bad...). But rally around this team bc you love Saturdays in the fall and watching Tennessee football in this great country of ours. After all, there's nothing wrong with enjoying something that you love every once in a while. I mean you guys at least respect this program enough to (laughably) believe that Bob Stoops is by his phone waiting for us like a 16 year old girl waiting on a Snapchat.

Anyway, in closing, many ppl on here actually like the Vols. We like getting on this board and talking about the X's and O's and the fact that if we pack Neyland stadium this Saturday, make it loud and get behind this team that they actually CAN take down Georgia. So if you're not gonna agree with any of that then you're a troll. That's right. You're no better than a closet jorts wearing Florida fan that's on here talking crap just to get everybody riled up. And pretty soon the only other ppl you're talking to is other trolls bc you've been blocked by everyone else. So, please, don't be THAT guy!

Go VOLS!
You know when sometimes we pull up VN and have to re-enter our user name and pass word? Well, that happened when I pulled up VN and clicked on your thread. Immediately following your post is a knee-jerk, pedestrian comment from an incessant troll to this site; one whom I'd placed on the "Ignore" list months ago. If this individual and the handful of others of this ilk consider themselves fans, then I'd certainly like to see what sort of setups they actually don't claim to support. OP, I agree 100% with your position and your assessment; that UT's fans...or fans of any program...are truly for-real fans. They (we) show up and support their/our team and institution and state, etc., leaving the criticism for not-so-good situations involving only "us" out of the public's perusal and not acquiescing to the primal urge to regurgitate our angst like an angry low-class mother screaming at her unruly children in a Walmart. We can publicly assess our favorite replacements, who's the bad guy(s) here and all that other stuff if and when that situation comes about. Let's be fair to the players and coaches who're still aboard and are giving their all for UT. As for the rest: All in good time. Go Vols! Whoop them nasty dawgs!

Go VOLS!

Girl bye

I don't know I just always looked at the ignore button as a surrender button. Just a way to slither out of having to come up with sound, factual rebuttals. I guess to each his own.

He aint ignoring anyone, he replies to me all the time and in each reply, he says he ignored me.

Maybe he has me mixed up with volnbama, since that is who he refers to when replying to me.

Hes all good though

In summary, you want us to get behind a team that you admit sucks in your post, and if we don't then we are jort wearing trolls.

So persuasive.

Trolls...maybe.

****ty fans who might as well root for bammer.

Definitely.

Just go ahead and GTFO, and take all the other whiny pissing in their own cornflakes delicate snowflakes with you.

It will smell a lot better in here with your lot gone.

:rock:

You know when sometimes we pull up VN and have to re-enter our user name and pass word? Well, that happened when I pulled up VN and clicked on your thread. Immediately following your post is a knee-jerk, pedestrian comment from an incessant troll to this site; one whom I'd placed on the "Ignore" list months ago. If this individual and the handful of others of this ilk consider themselves fans, then I'd certainly like to see what sort of setups they actually don't claim to support. OP, I agree 100% with your position and your assessment; that UT's fans...or fans of any program...are truly for-real fans. They (we) show up and support their/our team and institution and state, etc., leaving the criticism for not-so-good situations involving only "us" out of the public's perusal and not acquiescing to the primal urge to regurgitate our angst like an angry low-class mother screaming at her unruly children in a Walmart. We can publicly assess our favorite replacements, who's the bad guy(s) here and all that other stuff if and when that situation comes about. Let's be fair to the players and coaches who're still aboard and are giving their all for UT. As for the rest: All in good time. Go Vols! Whoop them nasty dawgs!

Lol, peek a boo sov...good to see you bud

I guess I can't understand why many in the media are saying that Butch has the hottest seat. I look at other coaches, such as Sumlin, only 8 wins the last 3 years and not off to a very good start this year and Bielema, only 8 wins once in his 4 years, also not off to a good start this year. These coaches are at high profile schools with strong past traditions, so why aren't they on a hotter seat. Also Missouri's Odom is only in his second year, but they are terrible, likely ending up with only 3 wins, and this is only looking at SEC coaches. Butch needs to eventually do better, but with 9 wins the last 2 years, especially with all the injuries last year, which some people inexplicably discount but which clearly had a very negative effect, he doesn't deserve this negative press this early in the season. Maybe if they only get 6 wins, it would be justified, but not at this point. I consider GA a toss-up, and they are unlikely to beat Bama, but if they can limit their injuries and play to their potential the rest of the season, they can win the other games. I guess people don't like him because he makes some irritating comments sometimes, but I clearly remember the Dooley era when bowl games were out of the question, and this is much better. GBO.

Butch Jones is the highest paid public official in the state of Tennessee....and he's supposed to just get a pass. LOL.

Who is giving him a pass?

The sensible posters on here know that fans do impact the program. From making the stadium so loud the opposing team can't hear thei snap count to making the negativity in social media so loud the recruits can't see the positives of the program.

That is a simple concept that's one either refuse to accept or aren't very bright.

I for the most part do not care who the coach is (barring it's not a piece of crap like James Franklin) and am going to cheer loudly for a win every chance I get. If a coaches career calls for him to be fired then do it when a season is in the books and move on to the next coach.

And for those saying we will miss out if we don't make a change immediately, aren't you the same ones saying this is a Top 10 job and we can get anyone we want?

Sir,
#1 I assure you I am no fan of Georgia, Florida, or Alabama. I would love to see an earthquake make the southern border of Tennessee a beachhead.
#2 I am a fan of UT Football and have been since 1968. I don't give rat's behind about any other program.
#3 I want UT football to win every game no matter who the coaches, who our QB is, who our stars are, etc.
#4 Beyond that, I can't do anything to make team 121 have a successful season.
#5 If UT somehow by some miracle wins Saturday, I'll be one of the first on this board to celebrate and congratulate the team and its coaches.
#6 This team has underperformed in every aspect except its record this year. Everyone likes to say we are one play from 4-0. We are also one play from being 2-2, so I too am surprised we are 3-1. Ga Tech easily could have been an "L".
#7 We should be 4-0 going into this game with the talent on this team.
#8 They are coached by a person who time and again has shown he will make bad in-game decisions. He was bailed out of some games by a now NFL quarterback.
#9 This coach is 2-2 against Vanderbilt, lost by 39 points at home to arguably our biggest rival, lost to a SC team with a high school aged QB and in three weeks will be 0-11 against the SEC West.

I could name more stuff that upsets me as a UT football fan, but I'll stop. Please do not ever call me a troll Sir. I assure you I am not!!!!

If you assume that the post was directed toward you, then maybe you are feeling a little guilty about your stance. I did not put you into the group to who I posted but It looks like you did. Therefore, if the shoe fits, wear it. If it doesn't fit, let it go. Your choice.

VN Store

Back