Team’s state of mind

Hell, Miss State beat UTA&M, then UTA&M beat Alabama. UT took Miss down to the wire, so you aint gonna tell me UT doesn't have a chance against Alabama.

The loser mentality is self-defeating. I hope the Vols don't think like that.

They probably don't. They are 19-22 year olds who are already worried about the quiz coming in History this afternoon, the girl in the Tuesday morning class that smiled at them, and the morons in the dorm who put celophane over the toilet this morning. It's the fans that are more like snowflakes and let wins/losses define them for longer than a day or so.

This team will fight and won’t roll over unlike the Pruitt teams. Having hooker play though Saturday gives us a much better chance to at least make the game interesting than Milton. We have no chance against Bama, Kentucky and Georgia with Milton

Reactions: tngivm6
This team will fight and won’t roll over unlike the Pruitt teams. Having hooker play though Saturday gives us a much better chance to at least make the game interesting than Milton. We have no chance against Bama, Kentucky and Georgia with Milton
Honestly, I would rather Hooker not play Saturday. He is beat up and "gimpy" I would give him this week off and then the Bye week and bring him back for KY. We have a shot at beating KY, I do not feel we can beat Bama or GA even with Hooker. This will give Milton a shot to win his starting job back, though I don't think he can.

101 D Plays will wear any Defense but low on depth catches up with you in the SEC GAUNTLET.
SEC Strongest teams
Weakest Refs

To me it depends on who’s in at QB. If Hooker returns, I say we win that. If not I’ll wait until later to call that.

Absolutely, I should have said if Hooker plays. If it’s Milton they probably just barely beat candy and south al

I am not sure I have seen a better team in terms of focus and balanced state of mind at any time this millennium FWIW. They are all business every game. They have some short lapses, but Heupel gets them reset quickly.

I’d be curious to know how the team feels about Milton calmly strolling out of bounds to end the game and denying them a chance for hard-fought victory.
I don't know how they feel but I feel we need a receiver who can high-point a football specifically for times like we saw Sat. nite. If QB can't find an open receiver just loft a desperation pass in his direction and cross your fingers

I don't know how they feel but I feel we need a receiver who can high-point a football specifically for times like we saw Sat. nite. If QB can't find an open receiver just loft a desperation pass in his direction and cross your fingers
I’ll cut Tillman some slack since he had been on the field for a long time and his legs weren’t fresh.

Somebody has already proven this year that an unranked team can beat Bama. This team believes in their coaches and each other. They’ll be ready to prove they’re a legit team again and not the SEC welcome mat from the previous 15 years. They know they have nothing to lose and would love to spoil Bama’s post season plans.

I believe a fully healthy Tennessee team could be competitive with Alabama. A&M wasn’t very impressive before they played Bama. We’ll have to see what kind of team Tennessee puts on the field.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
I’d be curious to know how the team feels about Milton calmly strolling out of bounds to end the game and denying them a chance for hard-fought victory.
I've certainly wondered about that. Even if receivers were covered, throw it in the end zone and maybe have a 50-50 chance of coming down with the ball.

If CJH can keep future teams this focused and play this hard, we will at least compete for a SEC Championship in the next 3-4 years and at the very least we will win the SEC east. We have to keep it up, we can't think we are unbeatable this conference can humble almost any team any given saturday. But this staff is the one that gets it done at UT, I think the staff gets along and the players have bought in and when that happens teams get better. GBO!!!!!

Simplest way to put it. They believe they can win. They also know they want give up. As a fan that’s all I can ask for.

VN Store

Back