TE Coaching Hire ???

Maybe you’re right, I just don’t recall seeing them targeted that often. I know they sometimes use them in the backfield.

Can't remember which game it was, but one of the announcers did a great job of explaining how TEs are integral to Heupel's offense in more ways than for receiving targets. Talked about how they're used in pre-snap motions to create mismatches for others. I wish I could do a better job of explaining it, but he did so in a way that made sense.

Can't remember which game it was, but one of the announcers did a great job of explaining how TEs are integral to Heupel's offense in more ways than for receiving targets. Talked about how they're used in pre-snap motions to create mismatches for others. I wish I could do a better job of explaining it, but he did so in a way that made sense.

Can definitely give you a long list of announcers that it wasn't (w/ Danielson right at the top of the list...)

Wow the news of promoting internally… I was definitely wrong, but just doesn’t make sense to wait 2 months to announce two internal promotions.

A little disappointed to say the least, I hope he can recruit. I trust Heup his coaching tree has developed and had success, last year Coach Pope promotion will give at least make the pill a little easier to swallow but in the event it doesn’t work out terrible look not going out hiring qualified proven candidates.

There are only 2 questions to ask is 1. Does this and the OC hire help us take the steps to move closer to Bama, Georgia, Michigan and Clemson, 2. Do you see Saban, Smart, Dabo or Harbaugh making these kind of hires?

There are only 2 questions to ask is 1. Does this and the OC hire help us take the steps to move closer to Bama, Georgia, Michigan and Clemson, 2. Do you see Saban, Smart, Dabo or Harbaugh making these kind of hires?

From a PR and court of public opinion standpoint… no it does NOT.

However I have see a fair comparison and that this is the 3rd year With essentially same staff, and a clear consistency message. No changing of staff or vision. The comparison was that of Clemson, in that they had incredibly stability and consistency and developed/promoted from within leading them to top of college football and they recruit pretty well.

I would counter with they had 2- elite quarterbacks (Watson and Lawrence), and they play in a weak conference and weak schedule with easy path to playoffs.. none the less still gotta win the games. So I think it’s a fair comparison.

I trust Huep, even though my natural response is disappointed as I want a proven outside hire. The promoting from within makes me nervous cause as a fan it’s the unknown versus a guy from college “x” that we can investigate. None the less last year worked with Coach Pope, and other hires Heup made and developed under him have went on to have success. So give him benefit of doubt.

They aren't flashy hires, but we all know whose offense this is. In this case, consistency and cohesion are more important than a big name.

Bama had been declining in performance with their TE’s under their old method of incorporating that position’s coaching under WR’s or STC. They hired a dedicated TE’s coach and their choice was…Joe Cox. Previously known as the UGA starting QB who had a snail trail visible on his official pic. UGA brought back Todd Hartley who was a previous Director of Player Personnel and then followed Richt to Miami and established himself. Wouldn’t classify either as homeruns.

Reactions: eaglevol
Bama had been declining in performance with their TE’s under their old method of incorporating that position’s coaching under WR’s or STC. They hired a dedicated TE’s coach and their choice was…Joe Cox. Previously known as the UGA starting QB who had a snail trail visible on his official pic. UGA brought back Todd Hartley who was a previous Director of Player Personnel and then followed Richt to Miami and established himself. Wouldn’t classify either as homeruns.

Also add in Grant Newsome as Michigan's TE coach. Just finished his first year as an assistant coach after spending two years as a grad assistant. Clemson's TE coach is Kyle Richardson, who also just finished his first year as an assistant coach after spending six years as off field support staff.

Reactions: butchna
Also add in Grant Newsome as Michigan's TE coach. Just finished his first year as an assistant coach after spending two years as a grad assistant. Clemson's TE coach is Kyle Richardson, who also just finished his first year as an assistant coach after spending six years as off field support staff.
The LAWS have changed apparently. ;)

Reactions: eaglevol

VN Store

Back