TE Coaching Hire ???

Only coach I can think of is the Eagles te coach cuz I know he’s been at Tenn before but I could be wrong
Jason Michael - from Southern / Western KY (played ball at WKU), actually did two coaching stints with UT under Fulmer (one as a GA and then in 2008 as TE coach), had a stop with the Titans as OC/TE coach, currently with the Eagles as TE coach.

Has been very productive at every stop along the way...would be a GREAT hire at TE for Heupel.
Biggest question is would he leave an organization like the Eagles who seem to be on the upswing and in title contention for the near future to return to the college game?
That said, since we are almost a month past the end of the season and no one has been hired, could Heupel be looking at NFL coaches?

Jason Michael - from Southern / Western KY (played ball at WKU), actually did two coaching stints with UT under Fulmer (one as a GA and then in 2008 as TE coach), had a stop with the Titans as OC/TE coach, currently with the Eagles as TE coach.

Has been very productive at every stop along the way...would be a GREAT hire at TE for Heupel.
Biggest question is would he leave an organization like the Eagles who seem to be on the upswing and in title contention for the near future to return to the college game?
That said, since we are almost a month past the end of the season and no one has been hired, could Heupel be looking at NFL coaches?
I think Heupel is pretty meticulous in finding a fit. I still think Littrell is the most likely guy if a few things can be worked out. Worse case is we promote someone on the staff currently.

Reactions: IndianaVol

Only other TE coach in the NFL that has been at UT is Kevin Koger from the Chargers. He was a GA in 2015 under Butch.

Reactions: IndianaVol
I think Heupel is pretty meticulous in finding a fit. I still think Littrell is the most likely guy if a few things can be worked out. Worse case is we promote someone on the staff currently.
I am not sure the worse would be to promote someone from the staff. I do not have enough information about the qualifications of those on the staff who may be a good hire. Again, I think CJH will hire the person who he feels like will do best job. I think he did a pretty good job in hiring the new OC and WR coaches.

I hear the speculation that it isn’t Faris due to it not being announced yet, but I believe that move could very well be on the table because we still have (the traditional) NSD coming up in February and maybe he doesn’t want to ditch Chip Kelly before that’s done.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I hear the speculation that it isn’t Faris due to it not being announced yet, but I believe that move could very well be on the table because we still have (the traditional) NSD coming up in February and maybe he doesn’t want to ditch Chip Kelly before that’s done.
Maybe Igbinosun is at UCLA meeting with Faris???:p

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Faris’ wife is from Clinton and they just announced they are having twins. Congratulations to them!

With that being said I would guess they would want to get back to family so they can assist with how much of a handful twins will be and the fact football keeps him him away and on the trail a lot. It doesn’t hurt that Tennessee’s trajectory looks better than ucla as well (looking at ucla’s recruiting the last few years idk if I’m buying sustained success after losing their stud qb and rb).

i wonder how interested cjh is?

Josh Gattis is available heck of a recruiter
I would take Gattis if he's willing to take a 'step down' from OC.
I think he's been an OC at one place or another for quite some time.

Agree about the recruiting aspect too - guy has been all over and recruited well everywhere.

Reactions: ERvolsfan
Josh Gattis is available heck of a recruiter

Agree about the recruiting aspect too - guy has been all over and recruited well everywhere.

Maybe have to do some kind of Co-OC or something to that effect? I think Heupel has a good idea of the person he wants and is down to a couple people there.

Reactions: ERvolsfan
What's taking so long? It's a TE coach, not an OC.

I think one of two reasons...

1) the guy he's interested in, is waiting til after NSD in Feb to finish out the class wherever they are at.

2) he could be vetting NFL possible candidates which could be impacted by the coaching carousel or Playoffs.

Regardless I agree it seems awfully long 2 months for a TE Coach

I think one of two reasons...

1) the guy he's interested in, is waiting til after NSD in Feb to finish out the class wherever they are at.

2) he could be vetting NFL possible candidates which could be impacted by the coaching carousel or Playoffs.

Regardless I agree it seems awfully long 2 months for a TE Coach
I’ve posted that 1) is the case imo and it could be Faris.

Is that what makes tight ends H backs when the line up as wide receiver and fullback?
Generally, yes. Lining up next to OT where you may or may not be an eligible receiver makes you a TE.

Being the motion guy or lining up our wide, in the slot, as a wingback or fullback make you an H back.

Reactions: rocytop2624

VN Store

Back