TBT The Basketball Tournament

b-ball fan

Unless I overlooked them, it doesn't appear that the former Vols will field a team in The Basketball Tournament this year. I've watched this for the past 2 summers, and it's been enjoyable. I've learned to love the Elam Ending for games of this type. ETSU is seeded 2, and hope to improve on last year's strong showing.

I enjoyed seeing the former Vols last year, but they weren't really prepared for the event.

Home - The Basketball Tournament

Wonder if they aren’t fielding a Ballinteers team due to the fact Bobby Mays isn’t in great standing with the current coaching staff right now.

Reactions: AngryButchJones
It’s disappointing, but a lot of the guys on the team last year seemed to come in out of shape and….old. Some of these teams in TBT have pretty young guys. If we want to win, we would need to put together a better roster.

Reactions: LeannaVol
It’s disappointing, but a lot of the guys on the team last year seemed to come in out of shape and….old. Some of these teams in TBT have pretty young guys. If we want to win, we would need to put together a better roster.

Yeah it was cool seeing them together but it was kind of clear they weren't going far.

I’ve heard on a few radio shows/podcasts they were unhappy with the way BHH was used.
Interesting, but the poster made it sound like Tennessee and staff were upset with Maze, not the other way around. Maybe he said or did something in response to the BHH situation/departure.

Reactions: Dallasbowlin
I was really excited about it, but the team was disappointing. The players that were in it were former Pearl players that relied more on their athletic abilities and not their basketball skills, with the exception of Lofton. They went up against a team of basketball players and it got ugly.

The BHH journey is going to be interesting. Can’t help but wonder if he’s going to be frustrated wherever he plays. Maybe he becomes an awesome 3 point shooter but he clearly didn’t demonstrate that ability last season. He didn’t show elite athleticism either but hard work can improve that. Can’t help but think BHH and crew see a different player than the rest of us and for Brandon’s sake I hope they’re right

VN Store

Back