Tatum's ankle

It's called an Active Ankle. If everybody on the team were wearing a pair of them, this kind of thing wouldn't happen. I get so angry when we lose players to ankle sprains.

As much as his ankle rolled, don't think anything would've prevented it.

I have rolled ankles playing pickup since I started wearing those braces, but I've had no sprains (last sprain was 13 years ago). That's what the device does. It catches your ankle as it begins to roll. They are not uncomfortable, do not slow you down, do prevent injuries, and are not expensive. What is there not to like?

You've got to be kidding me?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

he is obviously pefect and never made a mistake. how dare we show concern for a young man even if over a month ago he made a bad decision. Shame on us! Shame on us!!!:angel:

it really depends. i broke my ankle and had to have surgery to reattach the bone. a year later it still wasn't 100%

yes, but some high ankle and other sprains (if theres ligament damage) may never heal completely and they are likely to sprain again and again....and again

Well that is wonderful that it worked for you guys. This isnt the Y or pickup ball. NOTHING, I MEAN NOTHING could have prevented that.:good!:

Well that is wonderful that it worked for you guys. This isnt the Y or pickup ball. NOTHING, I MEAN NOTHING could have prevented that.:good!:

welllllll except Cam could have been lazy and took the open shot. Its a shame but happened when the kid tried to make a play. But i know you were referring to all the braces work comment.

Active ankle will/might prevent minor sprains, but would not have prevented that sprain, which IMAO will end up being a 3rd degree(complete tear).
Tatum will be lucky if it's not a 3rd degree. After rewatching the tape, this is probably going to require surgery. Unless very lucky, Tatum is done for the year. (And yes, I do have a sports injury rehab background.)

Tatum has never, ever been 100% at any point since his redshirt year. Knee problems, and now this. A shame. I'd love to see what he could do at full strength.

Tatum has never, ever been 100% at any point since his redshirt year. Knee problems, and now this. A shame. I'd love to see what he could do at full strength.

This looked like a high ankle sprain. Those take a while to come back from. But surely, he will be back by the SEC tournament.

he is obviously pefect and never made a mistake. how dare we show concern for a young man even if over a month ago he made a bad decision. Shame on us! Shame on us!!!:angel:

Exactly. I'm very grateful that I was given a second opportunity. I guess after you've had one you aren't so quick to judge others.

It looker more like a tear than a sprain to me.
Sprain-1st degree=no tear. 2nd degree=partial tear, 3rd degree= complete tear. I believe it will be a 3rd. Some will surgicaly repair, others just rehab it very soon and let scar tissue replace the ligaments (which has shown to be just as strong as ligaments in the ankle). 8 weeks would be optimstic unless he is hurt less than it looked, which is also very possible. If he has sprained it many times before, it may sprain easier than an intact ankle, but is less injured when it is sprained due to more mobility from previous ligament damage. We will see. Good luck to Cam. He can be one of our most versatile players every now and then when he is on and I predict good thingd from him in the future. Hope that future includes this season.

I was at work listening when it happened, but I've got it on DVR. After reading this, I'm almost too scared to go watch it.

any sprain involves a tear; its the amount of tearing that defines the grade.

This really isn't the place for this debate, and it will never be settled anyway. Tatum was in the wrong, and it wasn't just a wrong place at the wrong time thing. He made the decision to be in the car, even if he didn't have possession of the pot or guns, he had an open container. It doesn't matter whose it was, he was the driver. That being said, he had to sit out several games, go through the criminal process and work his way back on the team. That punishment appears reasonable to me. I think he's a good guy, and I hope the ankle gets better soon.

I'm pretty sure it's fact he wouldn't have turned his ankle if he had not been playing. Oh, I bet you were talking about facts in his good judgment lapse. Please enlighten me, what facts am I missing out on. Were the other three model citizens dropping Tatum off at church choir practice when they got pulled over?

I'm sure it gets real lonely up on that High Horse of yours.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back