Tate After Visits

rexvol

The Minister of Defense
The Golden Domers are in the lead for Golden Tate’s football services following his trip to South Bend over the weekend.
Tate, a 5-foot-11 senior tailback/receiver at Pope John Paul II, said Sunday night that his first official recruiting visit to Notre Dame went exceptionally well.
“There isn’t anything I don’t love about Notre Dame,” Tate said. “After my visit, they’re at the top right now. I would say them and Vanderbilt, because I’ve visited there and I know about those schools.”
Tate’s previous visits to Vanderbilt have been unofficial, though he may schedule an official visit with the Commodores over the next two months. His only other scheduled visit is to South Carolina.
Tate also ranks Florida and Alabama among his finalists

I don't think UT really needs this guy anyway. Maybe if he wanted to be a walk-on and return punts? I don't even know what this junk about ND being at the top of his list is all about. He's been campaigning for a ND offer for about a year now and he finally got it a couple of weeks ago. He'd best go ahead and commit before Charlie Wiess realizes he has enough tweener-sized athletes.

He's been campaigning for a ND offer for about a year now and he finally got it a couple of weeks ago. He'd best go ahead and commit before Charlie Wiess realizes he has enough tweener-sized athletes.

exactly.

I hope he plays for Vanderbilt, so UT can give him some tough love every season of his career there.

cya. the golden tater has left the building. do we need another linebacker with Mathis, Rico and crew?

cya. the golden tater has left the building. do we need another linebacker with Mathis, Rico and crew?

This question seems to have come from left field...Tate doesn't project as a linebacker, so he wouldn't have been a factor there. I know our coaches would like to see Chris Donald lining up at one of those LB slots over the next few years.

I still have a lot of faith that Myers-White will become a consistent contributor for us. Wilson looks solid. And the coaches seem to have a lot of confidence in Dorian Davis, so it'll be interesting to see how he develops.

This question seems to have come from left field...Tate doesn't project as a linebacker, so he wouldn't have been a factor there. I know our coaches would like to see Chris Donald lining up at one of those LB slots over the next few years.

I still have a lot of faith that Myers-White will become a consistent contributor for us. Wilson looks solid. And the coaches seem to have a lot of confidence in Dorian Davis, so it'll be interesting to see how he develops.

Dorian Davis will be a star here, mark it down.

With the name Golden Tate, I wouldn't want him to go anywhere BUT Notre Dame.

We have so much depth with young LB that we are going to have some very good LB that will not start but could start for tons of teams. Mayo, McCoy, Karl, Wilson, Myers-White, Davis, Donald will all be SEC "starter-quality" LB's before their careers are over. That is serious depth. You could include Chris Walker as well, but I think he will move to DE.

he may end up being a superstar, but I'll believe it when I see it, my gut tells me that he goes to ND and we never hear another thing about him until he transfers to Grand Valley State.

peerless had one of the best ever names in football, rivaled only by jim Bob Cooter

Is this thread on here because he plays ball in Tennessee or because everyone thinks UT has a shot at Tate. Golden has already sayed he wont be going to UT and he was even quoted somewhere saying "screw rocky top."

peerless had one of the best ever names in football, rivaled only by jim Bob Cooter
Jim Bob Cooter can't touch Peerless' name. However, there was a guy that played at Georgia Tech a few years ago named I-Perfection Harris. That is the best name I have ever heard.

Don't know that anyone cares too much but 104.5 in Nashville reported that Tate will commit to ND today. The announcement was funny because Wycheck tried to complement Vandy for coming in second in Tate's recruitment but Mark Howard shot him down by saying something to the effect that coming in second in recruitment of a player is like coming in second in WWII.

VN Store

Back