Taste of the Town

kkep48

PirateVol
Last year, Todd Blackledge went to Litton's for his "Taste of the Town" segment. Where would you guys suggest?

Loui's. It's very close to Litton's, about 2 or less miles away, I think it's on old broadway or tazwell pike

Gus's Good Times Deli, of course.

I'd also try Vic & Bill's, over behind the Law School. Nice greasy spoon!

Wait, wait... There is ALWAYS the SMOKY MOUNTAIN MARKET - 2003 Chapman Highway. Get hot dog all the way. Pabst or the Beast compliment same like a fine merlot compliments Kobe beef!

He'll probably visit the breakfast buffet at Shoney's.
maybe follow that up with a KFC lunch buffet and some mongolian grill / Chinese wonton buffet for dinner.

Maybe a Sbarro Italian grill instead of Hinese.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If he had any class he would go to The Orangery or The Butcher Shop or Baker-Peters. But he'll probably just get a burger or ribs somewhere on the Strip.

Gus's Good Times Deli, of course.

I'd also try Vic & Bill's, over behind the Law School. Nice greasy spoon!

Wait, wait... There is ALWAYS the SMOKY MOUNTAIN MARKET - 2003 Chapman Highway. Get hot dog all the way. Pabst or the Beast compliment same like a fine merlot compliments Kobe beef!
Vic and Bill's=Closed.
Smoky Mountain Market=Closed.

I have been going there for well over 20 yrs. and it has not changed a bit. Well except for Big Ed does not sit at the end of the bar anymore. Great pizza, and nice cold beer.

Gus's Good Times Deli, the best place ever.

Thank goodness the 70's soccer/UT memorabilia survived the
fire.gif
!!!!!!!!!!!

I miss Vic/Bill's in the Ft. They're still as good as ever out on Broadway.

If he had any class he would go to The Orangery or The Butcher Shop or Baker-Peters. But he'll probably just get a burger or ribs somewhere on the Strip.
Baker-Peters is classy, if by classy you mean a place that serves overpriced garbage for food and is mainly patronized by sleazy divorcees on the make.

Speaking of taste. I dont venture to the strip as much as I used to after games or before. But before the MSU game we did and I have to say it has lost a lot of luster IMO. Looks nothing like it did just 10 years ago. So much character is gone. The Roman room etc...

VN Store

Back