• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

Targeting

Ya most of us saw it the second it happened. They even went back and showed a reply of it a few plays later. I think players need to learn to sell it. If hooker goes down there and acts a little gimpy getting up it’d almost certainly have been looked at and called. The hurry up does hurt us a little with some calls. And targeting is one of those.

Man, I’ve tried to find a roster of SEC refs tonight to confirm it, but on Basilio’s 5th qtr show, MD or Briney Boy found the info somewhere and the number of SEC refs that graduated from or have ties to Alabama was an incredibly high percentage of officials. I have not been able to find that information, however. If true, explains A LOT.

Man, I’ve tried to find a roster of SEC refs tonight to confirm it, but on Basilio’s 5th qtr show, MD or Briney Boy found the info somewhere and the number of SEC refs that graduated from or have ties to Alabama was an incredibly high percentage of officials. I have not been able to find that information, however. If true, explains A LOT.

Anyone that graduated from a school cannot ref that school's games. Same goes for anyone with a family member that attends or works for a particular school.

Reactions: Vol737
Boys I"ve said it for years. Bama makes the Networks and the SEC too much money. Now Ga.is becoming one of the darlings. What you want to bet if Ga. beats Nick Bama still ends up in the playoffs with 2 losses.We ain't just playing Bama and Ga. we're playing the system. Listen to all the commentators get recruiting digs in every chance they get. We started losing at the wrong time. They back only the winners. It"s a big business and they ain't going to lose money.

Last edited:
Boys I"ve said it for years. Bama makes the Networks and the SEC to much money. Now Ga.is becoming one of the darlings. What you want to bet if Ga. beats Nick Bama still ends up in the playoffs with 2 losses.We ain't just playing Bama and Ga. were playing the system. Listen to all the commentators get recruiting digs in every chance they get. We started losing at the wrong time. They back only the winners. It"s a big business and they ain't going to lose money.

This is true

Yeah, was surprised they didn't review it, oh wait, it was against Alabama. Never mind, not surprised. And McElroy said he missed Hooker's helmet. He is so terrible.

That just proves that if you attend Bama and graduate, you have an excellent chance of furthering your career as a football official :):):):)

Reactions: Vol737 and TJVol95
Refs should have seen that…. There’s no excuse for the subpar officiating we see every week in the SEC. it’s pathetic

They're doing everything they can to keep officiating performances as hidden as possible. IMO it's to protect the good ol' boy network of officials rather than constantly upgrading the premiere athletic conference in the country to have their officiating become much more professional and better.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
They're doing everything they can to keep officiating performances as hidden as possible. IMO it's to protect the good ol' boy network of officials rather than constantly upgrading the premiere athletic conference in the country to have their officiating become much more professional and better.

As the SEC shall become the "tail wagging the dog" so to speak (in a couple of years), it should take the step of setting up an independent official's organization. (under to directorship of the conference) PAY them like the pros they must be. Grade them after every game with some teeth for poor performance. This group would handle all sports not just football. These people could/should hold seminars with all the SEC teams of their area of responsibility on a seasonal bases. Make it professional.

bama has gotten the calls since I can remember. Their OL has always held; rarely called, especially when Bryant was there. That's just the truth.

Reactions: Vol737
There was a blatant targeting in the Bama - Texas A&M game that initially got flagged, went up to the review booth and got overturned. Also a blatant false start on Bama's last TD in that game that did not get called. Alabama is going to have the officials on their side in any game they play.

At what point do they other SEC schools that are getting jobbed weekly by officials going to bad together and demand something be done to improve the officiating in the conference?

There was a blatant targeting in the Bama - Texas A&M game that initially got flagged, went up to the review booth and got overturned.

When was that? The only targeting in that game that got overturned was on A&M.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back