Tankers Attacked In Gulf: Price of Oil Up

Time to fire up some AGM-88 HARMs and take out the trash. As a minimum is creates a hazard to safe navigation and easily warrants retaliation of which destroying the jammers is the obvious approach.

Also the Brits have agreed to form a coalition with the US in protecting merchant shipping in the region. 🍿

Iran using GPS jammers, pretend to be American warships to trick vessels, US says
Hey @Rasputin_Vol could you explain to me how this action constitutes a defensive reaction and de-escalation on Iran’s part? I’m not seeing it.🤷‍♂️ In fact one could even classify it as open piracy 😱

I don’t think they “hacked” it that’s a BS claim on their part. I do believe they jammed it which isn’t very hard to do.

This is where the terminology "drone" is overused in my opinion. I always considered a drone a self flying vehicle with a preplanned onboard flight path and mission. This would be heavily reliant on GPS and maybe onboard set of terrain maps. I consider a remotely controlled vehicle a UAV, with commands relayed through satellite communication. I am unsure of the RQ-170, but if it was just a remotely piloted vehicle like a Predator, they would probably have to jam the com signals to deviate flight if no back up nav on plane and it would crash. Unless the pilot was spoofed by the GPS readings, which is not possible IMO as it is passive and would require spoofing a satellite com signal. If they disoriented ground control SA by jamming the GPS signal, it probably would crash unless pilot attempted landing in Iran and did not know it was in Iranian territory. They did capture it intact with only slight damage so makes me suspect something sophisticated was going on. JMO.

This is where the terminology "drone" is overused in my opinion. I always considered a drone a self flying vehicle with a preplanned onboard flight path and mission. This would be heavily reliant on GPS and maybe onboard set of terrain maps. I consider a remotely controlled vehicle a UAV, with commands relayed through satellite communication. I am unsure of the RQ-170, but if it was just a remotely piloted vehicle like a Predator, they would probably have to jam the com signals to deviate flight if no back up nav on plane and it would crash. Unless the pilot was spoofed by the GPS readings, which is not possible IMO as it is passive and would require spoofing a satellite com signal. If they disoriented ground control SA by jamming the GPS signal, it probably would crash unless pilot attempted landing in Iran and did not know it was in Iranian territory. They did capture it intact with only slight damage so makes me suspect something sophisticated was going on. JMO.
So both autonomous and remotely piloted both have a high degree of autonomy. Both can fly themselves and do most of the time. At least the ones I’ve been around. And even if you GPS jam an RPV you’re still gonna knock it down.

Look up a video of a Predator “crashing” I know there is a YouTube one showing one spiral down in a flat spin. It took it around 10 minutes to “crash” and it was mostly recovered in tact 😂

Reactions: Orangeburst
So both autonomous and remotely piloted both have a high degree of autonomy. Both can fly themselves and do most of the time. At least the ones I’ve been around. And even if you GPS jam an RPV you’re still gonna knock it down.

Look up a video of a Predator “crashing” I know there is a YouTube one showing one spiral down in a flat spin. It took it around 10 minutes to “crash” and it was mostly recovered in tact 😂

You used some terms I was struggling to come up with like autonomous and RPV. Looking at the flying wing design of the RQ-170 it would probably be more robust than a tube with wings, and it is a rather small and lightweight looking craft. Thanks ND.

You used some terms I was struggling to come up with like autonomous and RPV. Looking at the flying wing design of the RQ-170 it would probably be more robust than a tube with wings, and it is a rather small and lightweight looking craft. Thanks ND.
RPV is remotely piloted vehicle.

Autonomous is just no operator/pilot required it flies itself.

They are all UAVs or unmanned aerial vehicles.

An MQ-9 Reaper is an RPV UAV with autonomous capability. An MQ-4 Triton is a fully autonomous preprogrammed flight plan UAV

Reactions: Orangeburst
And eventually let it go. Although, the UK/British Empire were the rulers of the seas for centuries before we took over. Outside of the Anglo-Americans, most of the rest of the world aren't as zealous to push the narrative.

We're more righteous than much of the rest of the world. Especially those that don't care about the bad guys. We're doing something about it. The big dog gets to impose it's will. I'm glad that the big dog isn't Communist China, the USSR, North Korea, Iran, Venezuela, Nazi Germany, etc. We still don't force everybody to comply with all of our beliefs. But pushing an agenda of freedom and human rights is a corner stone of who we are.

Sometimes we even have to play footsies with bad actors for the better good. Trump throws KJU a bone now and again. We've had to support dictators.

We're in the ME because we (along with the Brits and the Dutch) created the petro industry. It's reasonable to protect our investment. If we don't fight for what's ours it will be taken from us. That's how the world works.

We're more righteous than much of the rest of the world. Especially those that don't care about the bad guys. We're doing something about it. The big dog gets to impose it's will. I'm glad that the big dog isn't Communist China, the USSR, North Korea, Iran, Venezuela, Nazi Germany, etc. We still don't force everybody to comply with all of our beliefs. But pushing an agenda of freedom and human rights is a corner stone of who we are.
Oh, we are self-righteous.

The big dog gets to impose its will... that would be fine and dandy if the big dog wasn't corrupt.

We still don't force everyone to comply with our beliefs... of course we do. We force the world to purchase oil in dollars and funnel all transactions through the SWIFT system. If you don't march by the US music, they "sanction" your country and if you try to sell oil outside of the dollar, you get the Saddam and Khaddafi treatment. Your country gets bombed and regime changed.

Sometimes we even have to play footsies with bad actors for the better good. Trump throws KJU a bone now and again. We've had to support dictators.
We are allies with the biggest state sponsor of terrorism in the world in Saudi Arabia.

We're in the ME because we (along with the Brits and the Dutch) created the petro industry. It's reasonable to protect our investment. If we don't fight for what's ours it will be taken from us. That's how the world works.
So basically, we have to protect our colonial interests in the ME. At what point do we have our Suez Crisis?

We don't force compliance with ALL of our beliefs is what I wrote. You're wrong (again) when you suggest otherwise.

Saddam and Khaddafi weren't punished and their countries bombed for selling oil outside of the dollar. They did bad stuff to get on our **** list.

Saddam and Khaddafi weren't punished and their countries bombed for selling oil outside of the dollar.
Either you are naive or you are full of shiite. There is no way (at this point in time) that anyone with common sense believes that we targeted Saddam and Khaddafi just because they did "bad stuff".

VN Store

Back