Tamari's Out...What Happens Next

Jillian and Karoline are about to shine...I'm smilin
Jillian and Karoline are about to shine...I'm smilin

I hope so, but Franklin in all likelihood will start at the 5. Hollingshead and Striplin have bright futures at Tennessee and will contribute this year. However, Franklin is our best option at the 5 for us to have any chance at a deep NCAA run this year. Her knee may hold her back, but I suspect over the next couple of months her athleticism will improve considerably and she will start rebounding, defending and scoring at a consistently high level, even if not yet 100% physically.

I hope so, but Franklin in all likelihood will start at the 5. Hollingshead and Striplin have bright futures at Tennessee and will contribute this year. However, Franklin is our best option at the 5 for us to have any chance at a deep NCAA run this year. Her knee may hold her back, but I suspect over the next couple of months her athleticism will improve considerably and she will start rebounding, defending and scoring at a consistently high level, even if not yet 100% physically.

Do you realize Franklin is only 6-1? Granted she plays bigger, but Darby is an inch taller. I don't think we can go all the way with a 6-1 center.

Yes. I hope Franklin can do that. But, the knock...she is our 10th tallest?
View attachment 522689
UConn got away with having 5’11 Gabby Williams play center a few years ago, and she was good enough offensively and defensively to beat down A’ja Wilson multiple times. Height is not the issue, but you have to be an elite athlete and have super high ball IQ to pull it off.

Do you realize Franklin is only 6-1? Granted she plays bigger, but Darby is an inch taller. I don't think we can go all the way with a 6-1 center.

The other problem is she is clearly limited by her knee injury. I'm not a doctor, but it's hard to see that improving as the grind of the season wears on.

This is Franklin's last year of eligibility isn't it? If so, it's unfortunate. She would really benefit from another offseason to get the knee right, and we would probably see a completely different player next year...

Gabby Williams finished 4th in USA Olympics track and field qualifying for I believe London Olympics. She could frequently out jump very tall centers with moderate vertical leaps. I would not compare 98% of NCAAW players to an Olympic caliber high jumper like Gabby Williams.

I really hate to hear about this situation. I am surprised it hasn't made more headlines. Really rough and prayer for her and her family.

Where do we go from here? Well, let's examine all of the options that have been suggested:

1. Fire Kellie.
2. Fire Rickea.
3. Fire Jon.
4. Fire the entire staff including nutritionists, strength & conditioning, tutors, psychologists, and bus drivers.
5. Fire just the manager who oversees the scorebook.
6. Get Phil to take charge and bust a move.
7. Hire a medium to consult with CPS.
8. Hire Mulkey's schedule consultant.
9. Bring back Holly.
10. Switch shoe contract to Puma.
11. Hire Charles Barkley as post coach
12. Hire Walz and Schaeffer as co-HC with Banghart & somebody from Rhode Island as assistants.
13. All of the above.
14. Practice hard to get better at our strengths and correct our weaknesses.

Where do we go from here? Well, let's examine all of the options that have been suggested:

1. Fire Kellie.
2. Fire Rickea.
3. Fire Jon.
4. Fire the entire staff including nutritionists, strength & conditioning, tutors, psychologists, and bus drivers.
9. Bring back Holly.
12. Hire Walz and Schaeffer as co-HC with Banghart & somebody from Rhode Island as assistants.
13. All of the above.
For sure fire Jon he may be trying to coach the team.

1. Fire Kellie.
2. Fire Rickea.
3. Fire Jon.
9. Bring back Holly.
13. All of the above.
Great list but you left out just cancel the season because the team is awful, there is no hope, all is doomed!

VN Store

Back