Talk of Shelton Felton Returning to TN for "on-field" Role

Akron went 0-12 last year, so Shelton isn't used to losing. Hope he can bring that mindset here.

Shelton was on the Tennessee staff in 2018, so Pruitt is really familiar with him. I would say Pruitt's judgment is much more valuable than your sarcasm.
You have to let them vent...they’re hurtin! I mean, their favorite OLB’s candidate (or 3) was summarily passed over whilst being obvious and top of mind...you know? That guy? And the other one? Who coach OLB’s at that school with the players? Football?

Big time hire for fit and recruiting. Felton was used as a recruiter when Helton departed. He has familiarity with the staff and players and is a good fit. Also makes our quality control positions look more attractive bc it could lead to a position coaching job down the road.

That may come back to hurt him in the future, because Ga traditionally does have some very good football players.

Pruitt's done the same with TN players. We were strong in state this year but not so much in 21. UT will reportedly be hitting NC, VA, GA harder than the instate crop of kids this coming recruiting season.

Feel like this guy is another Brian Niedermeyer for us in a few years on the recruiting trail.

Yeah, does that make sense to anyone?

I'm the third in my line, but my dad is the Jr. Not my older brother....

Weird.
This all makes sense to me, What am I missing here?

Wait, I misread. Your brother is older. So your dad and his dad don't have the same names?

You didn't ask me but I'll answer.

I love this hire because...

I trust Pruitt knows what he's doing
He has Georgia ties
He's worked here before
But most of all, because you don't like it

Why don't you like it?

I just don’t think he is that good of a coach.

This all makes sense to me, What am I missing here?

Wait, I misread. Your brother is older. So your dad and his dad don't have the same names?

I am the third, my dad is Jr, my grandad is Sr. Pretty sure thats the traditional way it goes!

With shelton felton he has one son that is shelton jr and another son that is shelton the third. He has two sons both named shelton.

Reactions: DWright39 and Behr
I am the third, my dad is Jr, my grandad is Sr. Pretty sure thats the traditional way it goes!

With shelton felton he has one son that is shelton jr and another son that is shelton the third. He has two sons both named shelton.
Yea I see what you're talking about now. I was concentrating on your side of it. Haha.

#Trey

Guess they need a brother...."this is My brother Shelton and my other brother Shelton."

Reactions: Billy Ratliff
I seem to remember when he was recruiting for us for a short while there were several kids commenting on Shelton. My guess is he's hungry and will be a very good recruiter. With coach JP having worked with him before I am not in the least worried about his ability to teach the position. That is the biggest difference in the coaches the last decade or so and CJP, he knows what a good recruit looks like and what a good position coach looks like. It feels great not to have to worry about these things anymore,thanks CJP!

I just don’t think he is that good of a coach.
What information do you have that makes you think that? Do you believe he didn't learn to coach the position at his previous stop here? Do you think Pruitt would hire this guy immediately if he didn't think he was the best guy for the job? When Helton left a few years ago why do you think this was the guy they got on the road immediately to sell recruits on the program? Guy has all the earmarks of a great upcoming coach and recruiter, has a prior relationship with players and staff on this team as well.

Reactions: tn4elvis
You didn't ask me but I'll answer.

I love this hire because...

I trust Pruitt knows what he's doing
He has Georgia ties
He's worked here before
But most of all, because you don't like it

Why don't you like it?
Still trying to get Rock Gullickson a gig. 😎

Reactions: Behr

VN Store

Back