Tale of Two Halves, what kind of fan are you?

Drewbydoo

Drew
First half: Score and outcome was uncertain. There was tension for both sides.

Second half: Coast mode. UT in control, sit back, relax and watch your team win for the last 1.5 hours.

Which do you prefer? The tension of the first and second quarter or the surety of the 3rd and 4th?

I like the tension of the start of football games. I like tension at the end if a team is making a comeback too.

Second half: Coast mode. UT in control, sit back, relax and watch your team win for the last 1.5 hours.

Which do you prefer? The tension of the first and second quarter or the surety of the 3rd and 4th?

I like the tension of the start of football games. I like tension at the end if a team is making a comeback too.
Coast! Better for heart, stomache, and brain. I’d much rather ask myself. How bad are we gonna beat them than are we gonna beet them?!

I like a full game of clean football (rare) where the VOLS dominate. I'm not much into tension these years of my life.

The SC game was a sandwich: Great 1st and 4th QTRs with 2nd and 3rd QTRs where VOLS struggled to move ball and D allowed some big plays.

Not a full game performance but VOLS had 40 mins off some really solid football.

Last edited:
That is difficult. The games that end up being legendary are the ones you win in the waning seconds on an incredible play or comeback. I do not like being on the other side of that, but when you are on the winning side, you remember if for a very long time.

At my age too much excitement makes me irregular. I’m a coast mode kinda guy.

Go VOLS

Reactions: Drewbydoo

Was it really that uncertain in the first half when things were close mostly because USCjr was gifted a td from the pick in their territory?

I'll tell you this, by about midway through the first half, I popped a clonazepam.

Reactions: Drewbydoo
I don't think they were always coasting. Felt like they were getting in their own way sometimes from scoring 60 points

Reactions: Ratvol
I'm the kind of fan that watched every week, either in person or on TV, for the last ten years of Fulmer, and then next ten years of Derek Dooley, Butch Jones, and Jeremy Pruitt.

I've earned a damn Brinks truck full of easy coasting. Everyone who has worn orange through the dark ages has earned some easy coasting. People get all "oh but it's not as exciting." You're damn right it's not. I've done exciting. Spent my Sundays hoarse and empty, wishing it'd gone a little differently, more times than I care to remember. Now give me some of that sweet sweet coasting joy.

Last edited:
I'm the kind of fan who will admit that Milton seems to be better than I thought he'd be. He also seems to be learning each week. I hope it continues.

I'm the kind of fan that watched every week, either in person or on TV, for the last ten years of Fulmer, and then next ten years of Derek Dooley, Butch Jones, and Jeremy Pruitt.

I've earned a damn Brinks truck full of easy coasting. Everyone who wears orange has through these dark ages has earned some easy coasting. People get all "oh but it's not as exciting." You're damn right it's not. I've done exciting. Spent my Sundays hoarse and empty, wishing it'd gone a little differently, more times than I care to remember. Now give me some of that sweet sweet coasting joy.
This post made remember 2005. Dadgummit.

Coast for sure. That said, the feeling I had the entire bama game last year may never be matched, and it was mostly nervous 🤣. I say that, because I enjoyed every second of that, more than knowing it was over last night, or any other game.

I am enjoying Jackson Ross having a great game.
I hate when the kicking game is a liability.
Ross and Campbell have been solid. I was really negative toward Ross after the first two games, but he is looking good at this point. I was not convinced in the beginning.

All of it. The oooos and aaaaws, the ups, the downs, the Oh Nos! and the Oh Yes!. The games are not always sweet, but football is always good. I'm a football junkie.

VN Store

Back