Talaysia Cooper visiting this weekend

Will Tennessee be the last of her official visits? If not, I wouldn't expect a commitment until she's made all her official visits and has all the information she needs to make the best decision for herself.
Were the first and yes your right not expecting a commitment this weekend.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Sorry can only go by what i have seen. And those players were special. This is not to say she won't have a successful career or even be a hall of famer but i'm not going with generational talent. I am going with REALLY good player and as a TN fan i have seen many really good players come through this program. To me she just doesn't transcend the game like the others.
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ At the end of the day itโ€™s your perception and my perception! Iโ€™m not trying to convince you on mine! And as if youโ€™re the only longtime UT fan! And based on your perception how does Holdsclaw fit into that category? I would think generational talent would win beyond high school and college! Which I donโ€™t disagree on Holdsclaw because her and teasely brought me to love womenโ€™s basketball! And Howard has me watching Kentucky basketball even when itโ€™s not against us.

When I look at the greatest players I always look at players that are consistent in their play every game over 90 percent of the time. Any player can have a bad game occasionally, but the really great ones seldom do. Howard is either fabulous or average and she is average way to many games. She would have to be a lot more consistent player every game for me to put her on a level with some of the all time great players. She may eventually get there would need a personality change as she sometimes mopes when she misses a few shots in a row and sometimes looks like she is not giving full effort. Maybe that is just her style still she has several bad games and if you look at her lifetime stats you may be surprised that Rennia Davis has her in a lot of categories as far as offensive efficiency.
Howard has played with injuries the past two years. Statistics or not Davis wasnโ€™t the better player of the two. And that personality you speak of can be said about the same player you compared her with!

Howard has played with injuries the past two years. Statistics or not Davis wasnโ€™t the better player of the two. And that personality you speak of can be said about the same player you compared her with!
Everyone can define it the way they want to. I tend to disagree with your assessment and that will be an individual decision for each and every person. Statistics are a guideline to evaluate a player more than any other way you can evaluate them. You can have your opinion, but you can't take mine and as long as I see the stats I see on any player I make my own determinations and don't need anyone making that for me. No I don't agree as we finished ahead of them last season with about the same amount of talent. So post what you like and what you believe, but you need information and stats to back it up and in this case you don't have it. The truth is Rennia has a higher field goal percentage, a higher free throw percentage and a far more rebounds and rebound average. Howard has an edge in a couple of stats as well, but not enough to say she is any better overall player. You can't use the injury stat Rennia played with stress fracture for last half of season and missed several games because of covid. Finally comparing her to Holdsclaw as a player is something that would be laughable to most people.

Will Tennessee be the last of her official visits? If not, I wouldn't expect a commitment until she's made all her official visits and has all the information she needs to make the best decision for herself.
Tennessee is up first and hopefully, they sell it well enough that she doesn't need to take any more visits........

Reactions: mcannon1
Everyone can define it the way they want to. I tend to disagree with your assessment and that will be an individual decision for each and every person. Statistics are a guideline to evaluate a player more than any other way you can evaluate them. You can have your opinion, but you can't take mine and as long as I see the stats I see on any player I make my own determinations and don't need anyone making that for me. No I don't agree as we finished ahead of them last season with about the same amount of talent. So post what you like and what you believe, but you need information and stats to back it up and in this case you don't have it. The truth is Rennia has a higher field goal percentage, a higher free throw percentage and a far more rebounds and rebound average. Howard has an edge in a couple of stats as well, but not enough to say she is any better overall player. You can't use the injury stat Rennia played with stress fracture for last half of season and missed several games because of covid. Finally comparing her to Holdsclaw as a player is something that would be laughable to most people.

I agree "generational talent" can and is defined differently depending on who's creating the list. There is no right or wrong definition. Some might go with the typical best player in the last 20 years ....... For me in addition to winning, talent, clutch playt etc. I always think a generational talent is a player who changes the game in some way. Cheryl Miller, Holdsclaw, DT, Parker, Lisa Leslie, Stewart (though I do feel Parker did it first) and Swoopes are some I'd list. Ionescu may end up on this list if she can do what she did I college in the pros with triple doubles.

Then there are the "GREATS" - Cooper, Catchings, Bird, Moore, Thompson, Y Griffith,L Jackson etc..

Last edited:
I agree "generational talent" can and is defined differently depending on who's creating the list. There is no right or wrong definition. For me in addition to winning, talent, clutch playt etc. I always think a generational talent is a player who changes the game in some way. Cheryl Miller, Holdsclaw, DT, Parker, Lisa Leslie, Stewart (though I do feel Parker did it first) and Swoopes are some I'd list. Ionescu may end up on this list if she can do what she did I college in the pros with triple doubles.

Then there are the "GREATS" - Cooper, Catchings, Bird, Moore, Thompson, Y Griffith,L Jackson etc..
Totally agree and neither Davis or Howard are generational players. They were both and are excellent players, but neither have the stats, championships, etc. to put them in the same conversation with players like Holdsclaw, Parker, DT, and all the others you mention.

Sorry can only go by what i have seen. And those players were special. This is not to say she won't have a successful career or even be a hall of famer but i'm not going with generational talent. I am going with REALLY good player and as a TN fan i have seen many really good players come through this program. To me she just doesn't transcend the game like the others.
When you think about Generational talent, think about names you would never forget for decades, Nancy Lieberman, Cheryl Miller, Brittany Griner Candace Parker, Sherryl Swoops, Lisa Leslie. These players did something special that no one else could do at that time. The type of player that when they chose to be could be unstoppable. 25 years after they graduate from college will you know their name if mentioned in a conversation. Anyone who has ever taken an interest in basketball knows all of the aforementioned names.

Totally agree and neither Davis or Howard are generational players. They were both and are excellent players, but neither have the stats, championships, etc. to put them in the same conversation with players like Holdsclaw, Parker, DT, and all the others you mention.

I don't think many players would list either as generational. Think about all the players I listed then jump to Howard and Davis. How many players would there be in between? That would deem how many players as Generational ??? By definition I do think generational is best player(s) in last 20 years....

Reactions: Volfan2012
When you think about Generational talent, think about names you would never forget for decades, Nancy Lieberman, Cheryl Miller, Brittany Griner Candace Parker, Sherryl Swoops, Lisa Leslie. These players did something special that no one else could do at that time. The type of player that when they chose to be could be unstoppable. 25 years after they graduate from college will you know their name if mentioned in a conversation. Anyone who has ever taken an interest in basketball knows all of the aforementioned names.

I forgot about Griner.

Have to add Lusia Harris, Lynette Woodard (first female GT), and Hortencia Marcari.

Last edited:
I think there is some sarcasm there LOL or did you really?

I'd put her on the list. No sarcasm. Surprised her name didn't cross my mind being so recent etc...I am always curious about just how passionate she is about basketball. She's hard person to read as far as desire and passion. Everyone conveys emotions differently so I don't know how deep those traits are but as a fan watching sometimes I do wonder.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ At the end of the day itโ€™s your perception and my perception! Iโ€™m not trying to convince you on mine! And as if youโ€™re the only longtime UT fan! And based on your perception how does Holdsclaw fit into that category? I would think generational talent would win beyond high school and college! Which I donโ€™t disagree on Holdsclaw because her and teasely brought me to love womenโ€™s basketball! And Howard has me watching Kentucky basketball even when itโ€™s not against us.

First off, I wasn't trying to convince you of my perception i clearly stated it the way you stated yours. Next, i didn't come off as the only UT fan i stated as a long time UT fan i have seen a lot of good players come through the pipes and i'm proud of that. Damn how would i think i was the only longtime fan on a UT fan board ๐Ÿ˜‚

Holdsclaw was transcendent at her time at UT. She captivated the WNBA by storm until her mental illness took over unfortunately.

So to be clear i don't have to knock Howard's game to compliment the greatness of others. Like i tell people what you eat doesn't make me $#!+ so your opinion makes me no difference and i'm not trying to change your opinion. Watch Howard it's good for the women's game and i'm glad you support it๐Ÿ˜

Reactions: mlindsay

yup i was having this conversation and many of those names came up and i agree! Yes, you are spot on!

Unfortunately I didnโ€™t feel the need to read a book today but I skimmed through it and not once did I compare them as youโ€™re trying to put it. But carry on my guy or girl....

Reactions: cumberlandvol
First off, I wasn't trying to convince you of my perception i clearly stated it the way you stated yours. Next, i didn't come off as the only UT fan i stated as a long time UT fan i have seen a lot of good players come through the pipes and i'm proud of that. Damn how would i think i was the only longtime fan on a UT fan board ๐Ÿ˜‚

Holdsclaw was transcendent at her time at UT. She captivated the WNBA by storm until her mental illness took over unfortunately.

So to be clear i don't have to knock Howard's game to compliment the greatness of others. Like i tell people what you eat doesn't make me $#!+ so your opinion makes me no difference and i'm not trying to change your opinion. Watch Howard it's good for the women's game and i'm glad you support it๐Ÿ˜
Your first off and so to be clear is funny asf my boy...๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I honestly just skimmed through after reading the first sentence. Just because you said it doesnโ€™t make it facts or vise versa! You stated your opinion and I stated mine so let it go......

Your first off and so to be clear is funny asf my boy...๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I honestly just skimmed through after reading the first sentence. Just because you said it doesnโ€™t make it facts or vise versa! You stated your opinion and I stated so let it go......

i wonder if my first off was as funny as all your exclamation points ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Like i said you got your opinion and i got mine ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ i stated my point and that i didn't think she was a generational player u keep bringing it up not me๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ

the fact you keep trying to make it out like i'm trying to be some professional or expert of some sort is the funniest part of this whole thing ๐Ÿ˜‚

thanks for your support of women's basketball ๐Ÿ˜ƒ i'm sure there will be other games worth watching besides the lady vols and Kentucky and Rhyne may be a part of that.

Last edited:
i wonder if my first off was as funny as all your exclamation points ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Like i said you got your opinion and i got mine ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ i stated my point and that i didn't think she was a generational player u keep bringing it up not me๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ

the fact you keep trying to make it out like i'm trying to be some professional or expert of some sort is the funniest part of this whole thing ๐Ÿ˜‚

thanks for your support of women's basketball ๐Ÿ˜ƒ i'm sure there will be other games worth watching besides the lady vols and Kentucky and Rhyne may be a part of that.
๐Ÿ‘Œ๐ŸพโœŒ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

You must be a female because thatโ€™s what youโ€™re acting like now

So you're downing females ? or you just can't stand the fact you're getting back what you givin'?

take your own advice like you telling others and block me or better yet stop responding being rude and ๐Ÿคซ

PS none of this makes Howard a generational talent to me which is where this whole thing started ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Last edited:
So you're downing females ? or you just can't stand the fact you're getting back what you givin'?

take your own advice like you telling others and block me or better yet stop responding being rude and ๐Ÿคซ

PS none of this makes Howard a generational talent which is where this whole thing started ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Yeah sure Iโ€™m downing women. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ Iโ€™m actually saying youโ€™re a guy thatโ€™s sounding like a woman! I couldโ€™ve went another way with it but Iโ€™ll just leave it at that sir.

Yeah sure Iโ€™m downing women. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ Iโ€™m actually saying youโ€™re a guy thatโ€™s sounding like a woman! I couldโ€™ve went another way with it but Iโ€™ll just leave it at that sir.

do you know how dumb this whole post sounds... yea it's prolly best you leave it at that ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ becuz i'm not following what this has anything to do with your original point that you got mad over of Howard being a generational talent ๐Ÿ˜‚

back to this thread's regularly scheduled programming already in progress ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ looking forward to coopers visit this weekend

Last edited:

VN Store

Back