Talaysia Cooper visiting this weekend

I don't think Duke is the 4th school she is considering. And if this young lady you are talking about is a "generational" which of the others players isnt Bueckers or Fudd because they've both been described as such and i'm pretty sure since they will play in college together it makes them all the same generation. Not doubting her skills but i think that word just like Elite or G.O.A.T. is so over used. I wish we could just enjoy kids for what they are without all the labels.

They can come in bunches at times, other times years go by without one. I agree on the labels though, good point. My bad.

I don't think Duke is the 4th school she is considering. And if this young lady you are talking about is a "generational" which of the others players isnt Bueckers or Fudd because they've both been described as such and i'm pretty sure since they will play in college together it makes them all the same generation. Not doubting her skills but i think that word just like Elite or G.O.A.T. is so over used. I wish we could just enjoy kids for what they are without all the labels.
I would probably add Clark to that "Generational Talent" group you are talking about. But then again, there are a whole lot of great players out there right now. Where would we rank a Rhyne Howard or Naz Hillman right now? Both are difference makers for their programs and they were rated 32 and 58 out of high school. The players are starting younger, they are stronger, teams pour money into the programs now and with the WNBA visible for the last 25 years, they have something to aspire to. Makes sense that there is so much improvement across the board.

Reactions: krichunaka
I would probably add Clark to that "Generational Talent" group you are talking about. But then again, there are a whole lot of great players out there right now. Where would we rank a Rhyne Howard or Naz Hillman right now? Both are difference makers for their programs and they were rated 32 and 58 out of high school. The players are starting younger, they are stronger, teams pour money into the programs now and with the WNBA visible for the last 25 years, they have something to aspire to. Makes sense that there is so much improvement across the board.

Exactly, that was my point generational talent is something i think is over used. We use generational talents for good players and even really good players. When i look at generational talents i think chamique, Diana T, Candace Parker, Stewie. They just have something that other really really good players didnt at the time. Clarke is def something to behold! I think Bueckers is REALLY good! So they could be those talented players but someone like Rhyne Howard i would say is a good player/ really good but not a generational talent along with hilman.

Exactly, that was my point generational talent is something i think is over used. We use generational talents for good players and even really good players. When i look at generational talents i think chamique, Diana T, Candace Parker, Stewie. They just have something that other really really good players didnt at the time. Clarke is def something to behold! I think Bueckers is REALLY good! So they could be those talented players but someone like Rhyne Howard i would say is a good player/ really good but not a generational talent along with hilman.

Good points. Buekers will likely be in the class of those greats you mentioned. Have to wait and see on the others, Clarke is interesting to think of along those lines…maybe. I may be right on Fulwiley, but way too early.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Good points. Buekers will likely be in the class of those greats you mentioned. Have to wait and see on the others, Clarke is interesting to think of along those lines…maybe. I may be right on Fulwiley, but way too early.

I'm not saying she won't be... I would even put Aja on that upper echelon. Her talent was undeniable i would put her on the same level with sylvia folwes just a game changing and program changing talent !

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
The common denominator with regard to Holdsclaw, Taurasi, Parker, and Stewart is multiple championships, in addition to being truly dominate players. Howard has no championships and Bueckers' and Clark's stories are yet to be written. If Howard, Bueckers, and Clark do not win any championships, no matters their stats, we may be saying that they were just really good players.

I respectfully disagree about Howard! To me she’s just as elite as any when healthy and I wouldn’t want to be in a close game against her when healthy. She can flat out take over a game and body wise she’s built for the pro level.

The common denominator with regard to Holdsclaw, Taurasi, Parker, and Stewart is multiple championships, in addition to being truly dominate players. Howard has no championships and Bueckers' and Clark's stories are yet to be written. If Howard, Bueckers, and Clark do not win any championships, no matters their stats, we may be saying that they were just really good players.
You put Howard on a team that those other players had as well as coach and she gets a championship! I think she should’ve transferred from Kentucky years ago.

Very well Put and I had the Same Thought Process about Candance, Chamique, Diana, and Maya in their day, but then again They really stood out among the rest. Today's field is just much-much more crowded!

Talaysia won't be going to Duke. As of today, they are not even scheduled to get a visit.
she has 4 dates set and is allowed 5 visits paid by the schools. She can still make a visit to duke before committing or she can pay her own way to SCAR and schedule 2 more schools. Or she could get a letter tomorrow from San Jose State to join their surfing team and commit by telephone. You never really know what kids are going to do.

I respectfully disagree about Howard! To me she’s just as elite as any when healthy and I wouldn’t want to be in a close game against her when healthy. She can flat out take over a game and body wise she’s built for the pro level.

Which is fine. But you can't tell me that if you put Howard on Chamiques 1997 team or even Diana T 2004 team that she def gets the championship in those players spots. I don't know if it happens and with those players you had a feeling it was coming. I'm not saying Howard isn't talented what i am saying is those players had something else to them and it wasn't just their teammates.

There are players that can flat out take over a game but it doesn't put them on those players that i mentioned before level. Tiffany Mitchell could flat out take over a game, epiphany prince, heck even charlie collier could take over a game regularly.

Again this may sound like i'm putting her down i just wouldn't put her on the list of "generational talents" (]which is where this convo started) more like good to really good players.

OH, and i'm looking forward to seeing Cooper visit this weekend!

Last edited:
Very well Put and I had the Same Thought Process about Candance, Chamique, Diana, and Maya in their day, but then again They really stood out among the rest. Today's field is just much-much more crowded!

Yes, agreed. You have a lot of better players and good and some even really good players. But there is something about specific ones that make you think hmmmm dang i don't think that will ever change even with the women's game advancing.

Reactions: mlindsay
Which is fine. But you can't tell me that if you put Howard on Chamiques 1997 team or even Diana T 2004 team that she def gets the championship in those players spots. I don't know if it happens and with those players you had a feeling it was coming. I'm not saying Howard isn't talented what i am saying is those players had something else to them and it wasn't just their teammates.

There are players that can flat out take over a game but it doesn't put them on those players that i mentioned before level. Tiffany Mitchell could flat out take over a game, epiphany prince, heck even charlie collier could take over a game regularly.

Again this may sound like i'm putting her down i just wouldn't put her on the list of "generational talents" (]which is where this convo started) more like good to really good players.

Howard is better than Mitchell, prince, and collier when they were in college and will be the better pro as well if she stays healthy. I do feel if you put Howard on those teams you mentioned that they would win a championship. Especially the Tennessee roster. Had Beard had a better roster at Duke around her scoring wise and coaching Diana would’ve had at least one less Championship. And to take it even further had Tennessee not lost her films and she ended up at Tennessee one could argue Diana might have never got a Championship at all. But when healthy Howard is a great player. Had she been coached by Pat or Geno she’d be even more developed than she is now.

I thought she was going to transfer but she stayed. If she was at TN with wat we have she would've get to final 4
Yeah she most definitely would’ve carried us to a Final Four. She hasn’t been truly healthy the past couple of seasons and still was a problem for other teams.

Reactions: sisaq
Howard is better than Mitchell, prince, and collier when they were in college and will be the better pro as well if she stays healthy. I do feel if you put Howard on those teams you mentioned that they would win a championship. Especially the Tennessee roster. Had Beard had a better roster at Duke around her scoring wise and coaching Diana would’ve had at least one less Championship. And to take it even further had Tennessee not lost her films and she ended up at Tennessee one could argue Diana might have never got a Championship at all. But when healthy Howard is a great player. Had she been coached by Pat or Geno she’d be even more developed than she is now.

Sorry can only go by what i have seen. And those players were special. This is not to say she won't have a successful career or even be a hall of famer but i'm not going with generational talent. I am going with REALLY good player and as a TN fan i have seen many really good players come through this program. To me she just doesn't transcend the game like the others.

When I look at the greatest players I always look at players that are consistent in their play every game over 90 percent of the time. Any player can have a bad game occasionally, but the really great ones seldom do. Howard is either fabulous or average and she is average way to many games. She would have to be a lot more consistent player every game for me to put her on a level with some of the all time great players. She may eventually get there would need a personality change as she sometimes mopes when she misses a few shots in a row and sometimes looks like she is not giving full effort. Maybe that is just her style still she has several bad games and if you look at her lifetime stats you may be surprised that Rennia Davis has her in a lot of categories as far as offensive efficiency.

View attachment 390323Three Gone and three more to get rid of. Duke, Virginia Tech and Ole' Miss are out of the converstation. Here's Hoping Orange is her Favorite Color and Great Tradition is big on her must have's while choosing a school and basketball program!!
I think Georgia is the favorite and I want her to prove me dead wrong by committing to Tennessee this weekend.

I think Georgia is the favorite and I want her to prove me dead wrong by committing to Tennessee this weekend.

Will Tennessee be the last of her official visits? If not, I wouldn't expect a commitment until she's made all her official visits and has all the information she needs to make the best decision for herself.

VN Store

Back