Talaysia Cooper visiting this weekend

knocking-on-the-door-to-opportunity-picture-id475297492

This visit looms large for you guys with her. She has Tennessee is one of her top schools at the moment and Kellie/ the staff need to knock it out of the park to make moves for her.

This is arguably the most important recruiting weekend since Kellie became coach. She hired these new coaches to bring in players like this, and they desperately need a win...

This is arguably the most important recruiting weekend since Kellie became coach. She hired these new coaches to bring in players like this, and they desperately need a win...

They do NOT desperately need a win. You are constantly trying to put the monkey on her back, acting as if the ship will sink if this recruit or that recruit doesn't sign.

They do NOT desperately need a win.

We are down to about three players we are strongly recruiting, so that makes them must gets by Kellie's standards given what she would like to have in this class. And she clearly didn't fire her recruiting coordinator because she wanted to sign a one person class.

We really need to pull Oldacre and Cooper to stay within shouting distance of the championship level teams. Yelling at Darth isn't going to change any of that.

We are down to about three players we are strongly recruiting, so that makes them must gets by Kellie's standards given what she would like to have in this class. And she clearly didn't fire her recruiting coordinator because she wanted to sign a one person class.

We really need to pull Oldacre and Cooper to stay within shouting distance of the championship level teams. Yelling at Darth isn't going to change any of that.

Both good talents. Certain posters have been trying to downplay kellie since day 1 i think that may be what the poster is getting at. First it was she can't keep Evina and Mimi no way she has a successful season at all. But she did and if not for covid we were sure of making the tourney after two seasons of uncertainty. Then it was see coaches picked her to finish 6/7 in the SEC we are back to where we were... then she places third and gets a top 3 seed in the NCAA. Well her team didn't get out of the NCAA first round ... this is facts and as a fan i questioned kellie and her team myself but it also was facts that posters were saying we wouldn't get there at all. lol

i say all this to say i have learned to take a wait and see approach. Doesn't mean i'll accept any ole play on the court and be pleased just means i can see where we have improved and where we still need to improve. and that doesn't make me any less of a fan because i'm not trying to run her outta town with a torch and pitch fork just yet lol

Last edited:
Glad she is visiting and were still in her top seven as anything could happen. If you tell the truth however at this time we are not her number one choice. I know if she visits and does not commit to Tennessee it gives some posters the ability to say staff can't recruit. However I think it was a tremendous recruiting job just to get a visit out of her. There are a couple of teams on that list that I know are ahead of us and they will get visits as well. I don't know if we can make up the advantage they have from recruiting a lot longer. This one player is not going to define the way recruiting is going from now and in the future. The truth is 2022 is a hit or miss 2023 looks like the year we could really break through. I'm not saying any of the remaining players won't commit to Tennessee just saying some players are longshots at this time.

Glad she is visiting and were still in her top seven as anything could happen. If you tell the truth however at this time we are not her number one choice. I know if she visits and does not commit to Tennessee it gives some posters the ability to say staff can't recruit. However I think it was a tremendous recruiting job just to get a visit out of her. There are a couple of teams on that list that I know are ahead of us and they will get visits as well. I don't know if we can make up the advantage they have from recruiting a lot longer. This one player is not going to define the way recruiting is going from now and in the future. The truth is 2022 is a hit or miss 2023 looks like the year we could really break through. I'm not saying any of the remaining players won't commit to Tennessee just saying some players are longshots at this time.

Most kids now a days want that chance at a National Championship! JMO

That being said : some are about education and proximity for family visits , and then the help needed for the professional game ? I think it would be hard to get her out of South Carolina but we’ll see ? Some think Georgia had a shot and their coach seems like a good program ? FSU ? Nah … 🤷‍♂️
She would be a good get and we should offer playing time sooner than SC…… I don’t expect a verbal till after her visits but we did get a visit so,,,, here’s hoping!

Thank you! To even be on Her (Cooper) and Oldacre radar is a step in the right direction as neither were even looking our way (nor held offers to my knowledge) until Coach Sam and Coach Joy arrived. Landing one or both would be great, not landing either I am fine with as well.

With the way the transfer portal is, we could be told no today and then get a change of heart a year after they have played somewhere else and realized they selected the wrong program (Diamond Deshields) and they wouldn't have to sit out a year.

Fantastic news that Cooper will be using one of her precious four official visits to come to Tennessee. A part of me wishes she'd been there this past weekend so she could have dropped by the highly successful autograph signing held at Orange Mountain Designs. COVID has taken away so much of today's players' interactions with fans, and Saturday was a safely-done exception that I am sure any attending recruits would have been impressed by.

Most kids now a days want that chance at a National Championship! JMO

That being said : some are about education and proximity for family visits , and then the help needed for the professional game ? I think it would be hard to get her out of South Carolina but we’ll see ? Some think Georgia had a shot and their coach seems like a good program ? FSU ? Nah … 🤷‍♂️
She would be a good get and we should offer playing time sooner than SC…… I don’t expect a verbal till after her visits but we did get a visit so,,,, here’s hoping!

You are correct that early playing time would be an issue for her at SC. Add in the fact that the 2023 class has SC native PG Fulwiley (#1 or #2 rated player in 2023 class) right behind her and expected to sign with SC. The recently signed 2021 class at SC had 3 5star guards as well (Ravin Johnson, Saniya Rivers and Aubryana Hall), so Cooper may be looking at that situation as not conducive to PT early on.

When Fulwiley comes to SC next year, she is the starting PG day one, she is a generational type player. That puts the other five or six 5 star guards already there fighting for the SG spot or backup roles.

My opinion? I think she does not sign with SC due to the backlog of guards. I think its between Georgia, UT and Duke. I feel its safe to say the Georgia staff is on her hard. UGA HC has built up some national swag after last year and seems to relate well to these young ladies, as does Duke's HC who is building a nice 2022 class. Harper probably needs a strong recruiting weekend with her. Lots to sell.

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
How do you know this?

You are correct that early playing time would be an issue for her at SC. Add in the fact that the 2023 class has SC native PG Fulwiley (#1 or #2 rated player in 2023 class) right behind her and expected to sign with SC. The recently signed 2021 class at SC had 3 5star guards as well (Ravin Johnson, Saniya Rivers and Aubryana Hall), so Cooper may be looking at that situation as not conducive to PT early on.

When Fulwiley comes to SC next year, she is the starting PG day one, she is a generational type player. That puts the other five or six 5 star guards already there fighting for the SG spot or backup roles.

My opinion? I think she does not sign with SC due to the backlog of guards. I think its between Georgia, UT and Duke. I feel its safe to say the Georgia staff is on her hard. UGA HC has built up some national swag after last year and seems to relate well to these young ladies, as does Duke's HC who is building a nice 2022 class. Harper probably needs a strong recruiting weekend with her. Lots to sell.

Talaysia won't be going to Duke. As of today, they are not even scheduled to get a visit.

I don't think Duke is the 4th school she is considering. And if this young lady you are talking about is a "generational" which of the others players isnt Bueckers or Fudd because they've both been described as such and i'm pretty sure since they will play in college together it makes them all the same generation. Not doubting her skills but i think that word just like Elite or G.O.A.T. is so over used. I wish we could just enjoy kids for what they are without all the labels.

Reactions: Rooster1

VN Store

Back