Talaysia Cooper Committed

Wait a minute wencam block people on here. Let me do some research on that.
Simply hover your cursor over their avatar and then click "Ignore"
The good news is you won't be able to read their posts,,,the bad news, you can see "that" they have posted but you can't see what they wrote,,,and then you have to take them off of ignore each time to read it,,,,and curiosity most often wins.

hint,,,all of us regular posters can have a negative nanny day and write in the emotional moment...It's when there is no emotion that the true fan/supporter/negavol comes out...If someone is badmouthing a team and there is no immediate happening to cause the stir,,,,THERE is your negavol,,and they don't speak for me.

You are wise to block "the dark ranger",,,,you are even wiser if you don't block/unblock, block/unblock, block/unblock, etc

same thing with follow...if someone you want to read makes a post it will alert you in email.

We have 0 evidence of that...

Then why were you all over Kellie when she missed out on her the first time? Can't have it both ways ... lol. Can't be mad she missed out on an All American then be mad when she lands her šŸ˜‚

We all know when you recruit a player we HOPE their talents translate to the next level and we also know those happen at different rates. To down a player because their freshman year wasn't great is crazy.

And to everyone liking the original post let's not be mad we landed a talented young lady šŸ˜‚

Last edited:
I realize all players are different, play different positions, etc., but reading about TCā€™s stats made me think of Rae Burrell when her shots just didnā€™t fall when she was a Freshman, so I looked up both Raeā€™s and Talaysiaā€™s high school and college stats.

TC is apparently not a 3 point shooter, shooting 22% as a Senior in high school, but her 2 point percentage was 58%, which brought her field goal percentage to 46%, same as Raeā€™s field goal percentage as a senior in high school. Rae shot 40% for 3 pointers, 50% for 2 pointers, and 53% free throws, (Talaysia also shot 53% free throws).

In Raeā€™s first college year, her 3 point percentage went from 40% as a senior in high school to 21.9% as a Freshman in college, and her free throw barely improved from 53% to 56.8. By Raeā€™s Junior year, which was her best since she was injured as a Senior, Raeā€™s 3 point percentage was 40.2%, and her free throws went all the way up to 82.5%.

If TCā€™s specialty is put backs, that would be great, and Rae shows that free throw percentage can be greatly improved. Now Talaysia has a lot of time time to improve hers, before it really counts.

What a great outlook! Thank you for taking time to put this together.

Simply hover your cursor over their avatar and then click "Ignore"
The good news is you won't be able to read their posts,,,the bad news, you can see "that" they have posted but you can't see what they wrote,,,and then you have to take them off of ignore each time to read it,,,,and curiosity most often wins.

hint,,,all of us regular posters can have a negative nanny day and write in the emotional moment...It's when there is no emotion that the true fan/supporter/negavol comes out...If someone is badmouthing a team and there is no immediate happening to cause the stir,,,,THERE is your negavol,,and they don't speak for me.

You are wise to block "the dark ranger",,,,you are even wiser if you don't block/unblock, block/unblock, block/unblock, etc

same thing with follow...if someone you want to read makes a post it will alert you in email.
Thanks. That's the only one needed who just only brings negativity non stop:)

Back on topic, by now any player with the description of 'super athletic but need lots of work on her shot' is scary to me.

It's hard to understand Kellie's proclivity for brick-laying point guards -- Walker, Miles, Powell, and now Cooper -- considering she was such a deadeye shooter in her playing days. She finally got her first and only point guard who can shoot worth a darn in Wells, and we're about to see what a huge difference an offensive threat at point will make with the offense...

It's hard to understand Kellie's proclivity for brick-laying point guards -- Walker, Miles, Powell, and now Cooper -- considering she was such a deadeye shooter in her playing days. She finally got her first and only point guard who can shoot worth a darn in Wells, and we're about to see what a huge difference an offensive threat at point will make with the offense...
Miles is at Kentucky now

Reactions: chuckiepoo
We wanted Cooper to be successful at South Carolina but that was not to be. She never really settled in, seemed tentative but pressed when so many of her shots wouldn't fall. Consequently her playing time was limited and with the new recruits coming in I think she saw the writing on the wall. It was not a surprise she entered the portal but it was a surprise where she landed. I wish her well and hope she performs well in all her games except for a couple.

We wanted Cooper to be successful at South Carolina but that was not to be. She never really settled in, seemed tentative but pressed when so many of her shots wouldn't fall. Consequently her playing time was limited and with the new recruits coming in I think she saw the writing on the wall. It was not a surprise she entered the portal but it was a surprise where she landed. I wish her well and hope she performs well in all her games except for a couple.
Why are you surprised she landed at Tennessee? She loved her visit and Tennessee was in her top 2

Why are you surprised she landed at Tennessee? She loved her visit and Tennessee was in her top 2
LOL TN elite recruiting is like the perpetual bridesmaid who's never the bride. Except they keep marrying the groom after the divorce.

Reminds me of something Rickea said in an interview before the S16 last yr. She was asked what players look for in portal recruitment as opposed to their original recruitment out of hs. She said the first time, being 18 yrs old, you're focused on recent program success and championships and on big coaching names. But the second time, often burned by a bad experience like she was, you're way more interested in program culture, how you fit in, and family feel. I think that explains alot about the LVs portal success.

'super athletic but need lots of work on her shot'
Typical description of most freshmen players who have an easy time getting to the rim in high school. Their game consisted of slashing to the rim, but they find that is not so easy in D1. therefore they have to work on new offensive attributes. This is the primary reason we see the 'Sophomore jump' where the second year player is much more effective than the freshman version. Cooper will be fine. She is an athlete and will be coached up.

LOL TN elite recruiting is like the perpetual bridesmaid who's never the bride. Except they keep marrying the groom after the divorce.

Reminds me of something Rickea said in an interview before the S16 last yr. She was asked what players look for in portal recruitment as opposed to their original recruitment out of hs. She said the first time, being 18 yrs old, you're focused on recent program success and championships and on big coaching names. But the second time, often burned by a bad experience like she was, you're way more interested in program culture, how you fit in, and family feel. I think that explains alot about the LVs portal success.

Exactly! Rickea was recruited by Holly and saw all that was going on. I think the biggest thing is that Kellie out recruiter Vic and Rickea had already played for Vic and seemed to love it. She actually skipped over both big named coaches (Kim Mulkey) being the other one to play at UT. I think you are also right that portal players have loved being here and have said the culture and family atmosphere are second to none.

Last year i go back to Rickea being benched. As fans a lot of us were crazy and blasting Harper and company. But hearing Rickea herself saying she needed that and then watching her growth as a player and a leader take a serious jump was one of the best things i've seen in a long time. I don't know if she would have gotten that at either of the other two schools.

Exactly! Rickea was recruited by Holly and saw all that was going on. I think the biggest thing is that Kellie out recruiter Vic and Rickea had already played for Vic and seemed to love it. She actually skipped over both big named coaches (Kim Mulkey) being the other one to play at UT. I think you are also right that portal players have loved being here and have said the culture and family atmosphere are second to none.

Last year i go back to Rickea being benched. As fans a lot of us were crazy and blasting Harper and company. But hearing Rickea herself saying she needed that and then watching her growth as a player and a leader take a serious jump was one of the best things i've seen in a long time. I don't know if she would have gotten that at either of the other two schools.
LOL I don't think I've ever actually heard Rickea say she needed the benching. I'd be surprised. Maybe just that she's grown up and learned alot, which is indeed awesome anytime it happens. I still think not starting went on way too long and became an unnecessary thing. Alls well that ends well, hope this story is about to end legendary well.

In general, the LVs seem to be lots of really good players' safe haven when the first go round doesn't work out well. We're like the sturdy best friend in the rom com.

LOL I don't think I've ever actually heard Rickea say she needed the benching. I'd be surprised. Maybe just that she's grown up and learned alot, which is indeed awesome anytime it happens. I still think not starting went on way too long and became an unnecessary thing. Alls well that ends well, hope this story is about to end legendary well.

In general, the LVs seem to be lots of really good players' safe haven when the first go round doesn't work out well. We're like the sturdy best friend in the rom com.
She actually was asked about it in an interview once and said basically what VA_Volfan said.

What she said was she was thankful she had a coach who truly cared and held her responsible... Her mom said as much too when people went for Kellie that she trusted the coaches.

We as fans can think what we want (which is the fun part) but if the player doesn't have an issue and their mom didn't have an issue Im good LOL ... Maybe if that VolLog ,who interviews the players, can get her on again they can ask and we can put this to bed.

I wasnt surprised when I heard it and the improvement that came with it.

VN Store

Back