Tailgating question

tennfanatic

I know this probably a really stupid question but this will be my first year tailgating at Neyland Stadium. Is tailgating permitted inside the parking garages around the stadium?

I’ve never not been able to grill at G10T.

I did get asked by a cop not to grill in one of the lower (covered) floors in the garage next to children’s hospital. (On the hill above the strip). However, the cop agreed to let me finish the hot dogs before putting the grill out.

OP, where are you thinking about getting a spot?

I will be cooking/grilling in g10 or g10T this fall. One game i may have dead end or sweet ps bbq cater one tailgate. Anyone and everyone welcome.

Reactions: counterdevotee
Im down for that. Do you bring grills or have anyone cater? Whats your normal setup?

Done it all, from burgers/dogs to barbecue to chicken finger trays. Just whatever the mood of the week is. I usually bring a couple tents, tv, generator, and fans (when it’s hot) or propane heaters when it’s cold. For me, the name of the game is being prepared for the elements. And having enough booze.

Best place to be on a day with questionable weather is right next to the east end of G10T, so that if it rains you can just walk under, into the dry.

Tailgating question.... I know people tailgate all over the campus. In fact, I see many of the same people in the same spots. This brings me to a question.

Is there some reserved spots which only certain people can use?? What is the general procedure for tailgating on the University property ?

Tailgating question.... I know people tailgate all over the campus. In fact, I see many of the same people in the same spots. This brings me to a question.

Is there some reserved spots which only certain people can use?? What is the general procedure for tailgating on the University property ?
The university owned lots are permit only for parking. You can buy permits for certain lots on third party sites like stubhub if you want to be on campus. You can also call the ticket office if you are wanting a season long permit but I would guess at this point your options are going to be limited. A lot of the areas around the strip or off campus are first come first serve.

For parking on campus it works like this:

There's always a lot of tailgating at the church across the street from the convention center at the corner of W Main and Henley but I don't know if it's available day of games or if you have to buy it in advance.

Reactions: HeadVol77

There's always a lot of tailgating at the church across the street from the convention center at the corner of W Main and Henley but I don't know if it's available day of games or if you have to buy it in advance.

Church Street UMC

you can get in on gamedays, its where I tailgate and its a good spot. Easy out too

I will be cooking/grilling in g10 or g10T this fall. One game i may have dead end or sweet ps bbq cater one tailgate. Anyone and everyone welcome.

I will be be at G10T this Saturday (11Sep) for the Pitt game and getting there as soon as it opens (7am I think?). Let's get together there and I'll contribute drinks or whatever.

VN Store

Back