Tailgating in Gainesville

Try to get to the Library early and get a tailgating spot under the overhang. Perfect for shade and in case of rain.
stilts.jpg

Haha very aware of that, but appreciate the heads up. Really just trying to figure out how to make the best out of the worst place on earth.

Plus, living and working in Boca Raton, you only get to go to so many Vols games. Thus, an every-other-year trip to Gainesville.

I'm in the same boat living in Boynton Bch presently but travel and work all over the state including Gainesville in my market. I was just offered a higher position with the company but had to move to Gainesville. I turned it down. Just can't see myself living among Gators fans everywhere plus nothing to do in Gainesville that isn't university related.

I'm in the same boat living in Boynton Bch presently but travel and work all over the state including Gainesville in my market. I was just offered a higher position with the company but had to move to Gainesville. I turned it down. Just can't see myself living among Gators fans everywhere plus nothing to do in Gainesville that isn't university related.

A good man you are. Already tough enough living in the same state, I can't imagine actually living in Gainesville.

Wow. Gainesville sucks compared to Boynton Beach. Hope the increase in pay wasn't worth it...

I used to live in Boynton Beach in Aberdeen CC... Hagen Ranch and LeChalet. Alabama Joes's on Lantana has a great bar league poker game on Tues. night.

I have tailgated numerous times in Gainesville. I really like being down by the Krispy Kreme. There is a large open field there with plenty of places to park and just a great atmosphere. Just South of there is the campus. About a 15 minute walk to the stadium.

Corner of 441 and NW 3rd ave near the Publix. Where I go...Lot of Vols fans there... About a block from the Holiday Inn..Anyone know if Vols Big Orange Tailgate coming to this game?

Unless you like getting pissed filled jars and crap thrown at you don’t go.

That fan base has a pretty large percentage of complete garbage people. Not just as fans but legitimately terrible people.

We’ve always parked at the McDs right by campus. It’s usually mostly Tennessee fans. Easy walk to the stadium and direct route to 75 after the game.

Been to Gainesville once. Will NEVER go back. Total Shi-hole of a town

I have tailgated numerous times in Gainesville. I really like being down by the Krispy Kreme. There is a large open field there with plenty of places to park and just a great atmosphere. Just South of there is the campus. About a 15 minute walk to the stadium.

This was area I referred to earlier. Decent amount of Vol fans

Dont leave your UT flag or any other UT identifiable thing on your car when you are not there. Have heard numerous stories on flag burnt on cars and other vandalism. Throwing pee bags during game. Nothing outright confrontational. Always sneaky. Hope Florida fan are not received that way in Knoxville.

If I take my motorhome is there anywhere I can park it to tailgate? It's 38' long so I'd need a pretty good size spot.

The only sport that Tennessee has been competitive in and has beaten Florida at on a regular basis is basketball.

Does anyone know or have any suggestions on places to set up a tailgate in Gainesville for the UT-UF game this year?

In all my previous trips, I've just gone to the bars beforehand, but am looking to switch things up and setup a tailgate for the family and some friends.

WGWTFA

Keep in mind that Gainesville is the birthplace of syphilis and feces.... plan accordingly.... antibacterial hand soap and condoms

Reactions: GreveHaller
We’ve always parked at the McDs right by campus. It’s usually mostly Tennessee fans. Easy walk to the stadium and direct route to 75 after the game.

I’ll second this. Last time we were there was 2015 so I have no idea about whether the construction @Lawrence Wright mentioned affects this area but it works great for us. Easy walk to the stadium and mostly UT fans there. And we’ve always had good interactions with the UF fans that were there as well. The last few trips have been a lot tamer than the 90’s in my experience. Go Vols!

Does anyone know or have any suggestions on places to set up a tailgate in Gainesville for the UT-UF game this year?

In all my previous trips, I've just gone to the bars beforehand, but am looking to switch things up and setup a tailgate for the family and some friends.

WGWTFA
Bring protection and keep your head on a swivel....

I’ll second this. Last time we were there was 2015 so I have no idea about whether the construction @Lawrence Wright mentioned affects this area but it works great for us. Easy walk to the stadium and mostly UT fans there. And we’ve always had good interactions with the UF fans that were there as well. The last few trips have been a lot tamer than the 90’s in my experience. Go Vols!

The McDonalds on 13th near the old Holiday Inn is a good spot.

The huge open lot on the NW corner of 13th and University (across from McDonalds) is now a condo building. That was a popular tailgate spot for UF and visiting fans.

Reactions: BigOrangeTailgate
The McDonalds on 13th near the old Holiday Inn is a good spot.

The huge open lot on the NW corner of 13th and University (across from McDonalds) is now a condo building. That was a popular tailgate spot for UF and visiting fans.

Wow..That lot was my spot. Oh well. That whole space with the tress too? All condos? Next to the Publix right?

VN Store

Back