Tailgating in Gainesville

AlwaysOrangeNeverBlue

Does anyone know or have any suggestions on places to set up a tailgate in Gainesville for the UT-UF game this year?

In all my previous trips, I've just gone to the bars beforehand, but am looking to switch things up and setup a tailgate for the family and some friends.

WGWTFA

Reactions: The Artful Dodger
OP,

The good news is you can park for free. When we go to the UF game we usually set up South of the stadium off of Museum Dr. across from the student union. Sweetwater Dr. is the name of the street. It's about 3 blocks from the stadium.

Google Maps

OP,

The good news is you can park for free. When we go to the UF game we usually set up South of the stadium off of Museum Dr. across from the student union. Sweetwater Dr. is the name of the street. It's about 3 blocks from the stadium.

Google Maps

Free parking? My mind is blown. Thanks for the info. Looking forward to seeing more of the right kind of orange there.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Bring umbrellas for the “piss-balloons”...Gainesville is a
giphy.gif

FL O Line has a total of 20 starts. Lost their starters. Much worse shape at O line than us. We brought in 2 5 star tackles have Kennedy, T Smith, and more starts at guard only than FL. Now we bury Philippe with the preseason hype!

Nick Buchanan (R-SR) (5th year, 12 starts); **Noah Banks (R-SR) (5th year, 1 start) ; Brett Heggie (R-JR) (4th year, 7 starts); Stone Forsythe (R-JR) (4th year, 3 starts); Jean Delance (R-JR) (4th year, 0 starts); Tanner Rowell (R-JR) 4th year, 0 starts); TJ Moore (R-SO) (3rd year, 0 starts); Richard Gouraige (R-FR) (2nd year, 0 starts); Christopher Bleich (R-FR) (2nd year, 0 starts) ; Griffin McDowell (R-FR) (2nd year, 0 starts)

FL O Line has a total of 20 starts. Lost their starters. Much worse shape at O line than us. We brought in 2 5 star tackles have Kennedy, T Smith, and more starts at guard only than FL. Now we bury Philippe with the preseason hype!

Nick Buchanan (R-SR) (5th year, 12 starts); **Noah Banks (R-SR) (5th year, 1 start) ; Brett Heggie (R-JR) (4th year, 7 starts); Stone Forsythe (R-JR) (4th year, 3 starts); Jean Delance (R-JR) (4th year, 0 starts); Tanner Rowell (R-JR) 4th year, 0 starts); TJ Moore (R-SO) (3rd year, 0 starts); Richard Gouraige (R-FR) (2nd year, 0 starts); Christopher Bleich (R-FR) (2nd year, 0 starts) ; Griffin McDowell (R-FR) (2nd year, 0 starts)

Irrelevant given the history of these games. Talk about their lines after we play them. Though I do believe we will flood the swamp and flush out the rancid reptile scent.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
Irrelevant given the history of these games. Talk about their lines after we play them. Though I do believe we will flood the swamp and flush out the rancid reptile scent.
I disagree and am certain that what is irrelevant is the overemphasis on history. This is proven by your statement "talk....after we play them". So if you don't want to talk before we play them, what's the point of the thread?

I disagree and am certain that what is irrelevant is the overemphasis on history. This is proven by your statement "talk....after we play them". So if you don't want to talk before we play them, what's the point of the thread?

I may be wrong, but the point was to see where would be a good place to set up a tailgate before the game... But then again, what would I know?

The point of a thread is usually found in the needle if attached to it. Go Vols?

Last edited:
Back on topic, OP, what we normally do is pack the tailgating vehicle with everything we need, drive over to campus, and park the vehicle...for a 3:30 game, do this around 8AM.

Call Uber, hotel shuttle, or cab and go back to the hotel to hang out. Get ready and Uber, hotel shuttle, or cab back to tailgating spot around 11:30 or so.

Back on topic, OP, what we normally do is pack the tailgating vehicle with everything we need, drive over to campus, and park the vehicle...for a 3:30 game, do this around 8AM.

Call Uber, hotel shuttle, or cab and go back to the hotel to hang out. Get ready and Uber, hotel shuttle, or cab back to tailgating spot around 11:30 or so.

Solid idea. Much appreciated. Usually go with the park vehicle at 7-8am, set up, and start drinking route in Knoxville. Gonna have to utilize your method this year.

Campus is not like UT. Not many places to set up around the stadium. And the Gators are out there early. We shuttled over from the mall when we went. Ate at the student center. By far the best place with AC. All places on their strip are small and packed.

Does anyone know or have any suggestions on places to set up a tailgate in Gainesville for the UT-UF game this year?

In all my previous trips, I've just gone to the bars beforehand, but am looking to switch things up and setup a tailgate for the family and some friends.

WGWTFA
Seriously Gainesville is a dump lol I'm not even trying to be funny.

Seriously Gainesville is a dump lol I'm not even trying to be funny.

Haha very aware of that, but appreciate the heads up. Really just trying to figure out how to make the best out of the worst place on earth.

Plus, living and working in Boca Raton, you only get to go to so many Vols games. Thus, an every-other-year trip to Gainesville.

FL usually has 1/3 of team arrested, the 3 top QBs injured, 7-8 band members recruited to fill the roster, a couple of coaches show up late for the game ... and we still find a way to shart the bed. So, I suggest a bit caution before chalking up the W here.

I'm hoping Jeremy Pruitt is the guy who finally remedies this decades long situation.

Haha very aware of that, but appreciate the heads up. Really just trying to figure out how to make the best out of the worst place on earth.

Plus, living and working in Boca Raton, you only get to go to so many Vols games. Thus, an every-other-year trip to Gainesville.

Dang. Boca aint close! But I guess in the context, Gainesville aint too bad.

VN Store

Back