T-Shirt and POTS

Having done 4 years in the Pride, I'd have much rather gotten to wear a tshirt on the field for a 90+ game than the jacket and overlay

My wife was in the band, she thinks it’s a little much that all these band members and alums are protesting and emailing the chancellor angry about breaking tradition. After all the people in band should know about being bullied in school. Having done one year in high school I know that the hardcore nerds think it’s a badge of honor to sweat your ass off in a wool uniform, so my guess is it’s those people leading the charge. I would be happy to trade a wool jacket and shako for a T-shirt. This is not a prime time SEC matchup or homecoming, it’s a noon snoozer between two not very good teams.

Doc would have never allowed it to happen
He actually did once when I was in the band. We played in Jordan Hare stadium the first year it opened. It was mid 90s air temperature and well over 100 on the field. After the half time show, we had more than one have to be helped to the sideline and so did the Auburn band. The band was allowed to strip off the jacket and overlay for the second half. That was a brutal game. Several of us stronger members of the band spent the entire second half carrying band members and fans out of the stands back into the tunnels so the EMTs could get them packed in ice. That was the only time I can remember anything but the hats being allowed off.

I emailed DPlowman and shared what I thought about the report of POTS being forced to wear the Florida Kid's shirt design.

This is easily the weirdest thing I've ever seen on volnation. Of all things to whine about. Seriously, I hope you find more important things to get worked up about.

Who goes looking for the slightest possible reason to find fault with an otherwise awesome story? This fan base has myriad reasons to feel bad and the one bright spot story gets twisted into something bad. SMDH...Makes zero sense whatsoever.

I went to the Pride Alumni page to see the fireworks and there was a small amount of strong anger about it. Wasn't over the top, sadly (I wanted more anger!)

This is easily the weirdest thing I've ever seen on volnation. Of all things to whine about. Seriously, I hope you find more important things to get worked up about.

Who goes looking for the slightest possible reason to find fault with an otherwise awesome story? This fan base has myriad reasons to feel bad and the one bright spot story gets twisted into something bad. SMDH...Makes zero sense whatsoever.

If you shut your eyes you wouldn't see the post. If you shut your mind you wouldn't think of the post. If you weren't egoistical you wouldn't feel a need to read the thread and post your whine. Now, eat your gingerbread cookie but I'm not giving you any milk to go with it.

If you shut your eyes you wouldn't see the post. If you shut your mind you wouldn't think of the post. If you weren't egoistical you wouldn't feel a need to read the thread and post your whine. Now, eat your gingerbread cookie but I'm not giving you any milk to go with it.
Says the guy whining. Classic

Says the guy whining. Classic

Classic? How can you talk classic when you have no class? Oh, right, you use the Southern end of your anatomy which you mistake for a speaking orifice. Cool, I suppose if you don't mind the smell.

Oh I'm not saying it would have happened. But in term of not dying? I'm ok with not dying

since its the man who screamed "whores, get off my field" to the flag girls, I could only imagine his choice of words if someone did die.

He actually did once when I was in the band. We played in Jordan Hare stadium the first year it opened. It was mid 90s air temperature and well over 100 on the field. After the half time show, we had more than one have to be helped to the sideline and so did the Auburn band. The band was allowed to strip off the jacket and overlay for the second half. That was a brutal game. Several of us stronger members of the band spent the entire second half carrying band members and fans out of the stands back into the tunnels so the EMTs could get them packed in ice. That was the only time I can remember anything but the hats being allowed off.

Its been 34 yrs since I was in the pride but I dont recall us taking any part of the unis off. Maybe the hats. We very well could have taken the overlay off but I dont recall it. I just remember Doc was peculiar about how we looked. He made fellow horn player dry shave his face cause he had a day old growth when we were in El Paso.

Well I've never emailed someone over t-shirts....

You can't email a t-shirt. You can wear it, gift it, even use it as a cleaning cloth. but you can't email it. Where did you ever get the idea you could? Geez, man!

since its the man who screamed "whores, get off my field" to the flag girls, I could only imagine his choice of words if someone did die.

Its been 34 yrs since I was in the pride but I dont recall us taking any part of the unis off. Maybe the hats. We very well could have taken the overlay off but I dont recall it. I just remember Doc was peculiar about how we looked. He made fellow horn player dry shave his face cause he had a day old growth when we were in El Paso.
I remember the incident in El Paso. I was there. I remember the morning of the game was so cold that the band gathered around the ladder, played the first warm up note and we sounded so bad that Doc just cursed the heavens and decided not to have practice. My sax actually acted frozen. The game at Auburn was two years after that I believe.

I remember the incident in El Paso. I was there. I remember the morning of the game was so cold that the band gathered around the ladder, played the first warm up note and we sounded so bad that Doc just cursed the heavens and decided not to have practice. My sax actually acted frozen. The game at Auburn was two years after that I believe.
there were only two time my trombone slide froze. First was El Paso. I thought something was wrong with it and someone told me to keep warm air going thru the horn. The second was when we practicing in the Pentagon parking lot before the Reagan inaugural parade .

Now, eat your gingerbread cookie but I'm not giving you any milk to go with it.

Hey letter writer, maybe you should get your pencil out and write a note to the SEC network. Their broadcast today featured a really positive story on the volunteer spirit and how the University and it’s fans came together to support a young man who was being bullied. They also showed the band wearing the t-shirts. They looked great! I hope you were able to find a safe place to go if you happened to be watching. Be sure to start another thread if you get a response... GBO and great job today Pride of the Southland!

there were only two time my trombone slide froze. First was El Paso. I thought something was wrong with it and someone told me to keep warm air going thru the horn. The second was when we practicing in the Pentagon parking lot before the Reagan inaugural parade .
I was at that fun time as well. We couldn't believe Doc thought we could just drive up and practice the parade at the Pentagon. That jeep full of armed MPs was a little surreal.

So the band was "bullied" into wearing a T shirt instead of a multilayer wool uniform in 90 degree heat?

source (2).gif

Speaking of freezing, the 1st Obama inauguration. At it's highest, the temp touched 30°. Pretty sure Ted Kennedy had a heart attack or something. The kicker was that it happened after we had left the heated tent and gotten slightly into the parade route. At this point, obviously, every building along the path had been swept, so no bystanders (or band members) were allowed in those buildings during the delay. So we just stood in huddled packs of 8-12 members for what seemed like hours (probably close to an hour though).

VN Store

Back