T Cooper

Yes, it has been discussed in another thread. I wouldn't be surprised if, in the not-too-distant-future, she were picked up by another team. Franchises simply had to make cuts based on phone conversations, videos and perceptions of whether the players knew the plays, etc., because they needed to meet a deadline to start getting players paid. Once teams start practicing, I'm guessing that there will be at least a few changes in rosters.

Making a WNBA is extremely hard even under the best circumstances.

Truth! Even under normal circumstances it’s difficult for youngsters to grab a roster spot because the training camp season is so brief and the seasons so short (in comparison to the NBA) that many years it seems that coaches and GMs have to make the difficult decision to let go of players who, with a couple of years more experience, could become GREAT players.

But with everything being so necessarily compressed, often players who may not be quite as gifted athletically or otherwise might get the nod over a more talented rookie because it’s just a lot easier to go into a season with players who already know the plays and the expectations on pro players. For many franchises there is simply not enough time to start from scratch on rookies, so they may opt for an oh-so-slightly less talented player over a Te’a Cooper just because they don’t have to start from “A” in a short season. Starting from “J” with a really good player who already knows the system can make more sense in a short season than opting for an “A” who might not immediately display an ability to adjust/adapt to the pro game.

Just my opinion. I could be way off.

Last edited:
Next time we see Te’a on TV I predict it will be on Basketball Wives. Not the basketball court. Will be plenty of story lines and drama since Dwight “isn’t gay.” Never forget, Masin Elije has them receipts. We all saw the DMs lol. Will make great TV I’m sure.

hahaha lmaoooo wow

VN Store

Back