Systemic Anti-White Racism.

Gay-Business is one of the criteria now but most of the "fraud" has been with the women owned business. I will say that BWIN is taken action to try to stop it. They added rules about involvement with the business and other criteria.

I looked into setting my daughter up in her own business but like you said they have made the certification process a PITA in order to stop it being abused.

I looked into setting my daughter up in her own business but like you said they have made the certification process a PITA in order to stop it being abused.

Good luck with her. She deserves to get the accreditation.

The problem is abuse of the system which drives these programs away from the true spirit. One of the large automotive companies did a total sham of it by hiring a single minority business to be a "distributor" and funneled a ton of products through it to get credit. I mean, it was a minority own business so kudos for that but they defeated the entire spirit that allows them to go out and develop/support other businesses.

I got it wrong, it is WBENC, not BWIN that I was talking about. My mind was somewhere else. My bad.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I'd be curious to hear if any adult, white males (probably the large majority of this forum) here have experienced systematic discrimination in their professions due to their race. I certainly haven't. In fact they keep promoting me and I'm not sure why.

Maybe the companies I've worked for didn't get the memo..
nvm

I have. A whole heck of a lot of state contracts that include federal money have set asides for minority/women owned firms and we have lost a few bids to that over the years. Not enough to matter in the grand scheme of things but you asked.

This and affirmative action are the BS. Do i believe that there are widespread anti-white policies across our society? No. Will i ever play the victim role? No. But state and federal guidelines of ANY kind that give 1 person an advantage over another based on race, sex, etc are 100% discrimination. They are unconstitutional, sometimes racist, and should be abolished.

Reactions: MR_VOL
Gay-Business is one of the criteria now but most of the "fraud" has been with the women owned business. I will say that BWIN is taken action to try to stop it. They added rules about involvement with the business and other criteria.
Wife worked for a gay/veteran owned business for several years ending in 2013 when he and his "partner" embezzled enough from the company that it folded. He was raking in Gov't remediation contracts one after the other. Had he managed the business honestly, he would have been mega-rich. But instead, they couldn't keep their hands out of the till.

Good luck with her. She deserves to get the accreditation.

The problem is abuse of the system which drives these programs away from the true spirit. One of the large automotive companies did a total sham of it by hiring a single minority business to be a "distributor" and funneled a ton of products through it to get credit. I mean, it was a minority own business so kudos for that but they defeated the entire spirit that allows them to go out and develop/support other businesses.

I got it wrong, it is WBENC, not BWIN that I was talking about. My mind was somewhere else. My bad.

I planned on abusing it. Just wasn't worth the time and effort.

Never have seen a gay set aside in a contract or never noticed one. A lot of the large firms have set up minority owned businesses they "control" to make sure they meet the requirements, we're just not there and I don't know if we want to be if we don't have to.
I've seen this numerous times with govt contracts. I've seen white people get around it as well by putting the company in their "wives name" so they qualify for those projects. Female owned construction companies are rare.

I have. A whole heck of a lot of state contracts that include federal money have set asides for minority/women owned firms and we have lost a few bids to that over the years. Not enough to matter in the grand scheme of things but you asked.

One out of two ain't bad, ma'am.

I've seen this numerous times with govt contracts. I've seen white people get around it as well by putting the company in their "wives name" so they qualify for those projects. Female owned construction companies are rare.

Theres a female, minority owned GC here in Charlotte that prints their own money. They sub anything they need to build...and usually only perform the easy stuff like demo and trash removal etc. Have a bunch of dumptrucks pulling Bobcats etc. They get all the city and some state/fed contracts around here. The company name is her 1st name. Brilliant job taking advantage of the way these contracts are written, and seeing the gap in the workforce. The problem I have is that her company should only ever get those contracts by outbidding everyone else and having great credentials etc. Them getting the contracts at INSANE profits only because her company "checks the box" written in the contract language by the .gov that says "15% of contracts MUST go to women/minority-owned companies is complete BS. It is 100% racism and sexism.

Also my boss is black so I'm really confused at this point!

We just need one black guy with a white boss who has been promoted to squash the whole thing then….assuming he didn’t promote him to fill a quota.

Yeah there’s definitely something going on, but half of it is self inflicted…

Like so many white peoples walk around with guilt…for being white:

That’s crazy!

This 6’0” tall former yoga instructor was trying to explain her “empathy “ about the current oppression of for People of Color here in America. All I was noticing was her long legs ❤️❤️🔥

VN Store

Back