Sweetens Cove Bourbon

illvol

Eternal optimist
So I feel like I did a dumb thing but I’m ok with it. I’ve been on a waiting list for awhile now hoping to pick up a bottle and this morning it became available and I got one. Now what do I do!?? Anyone had it before? Is it worth opening or should I just put it away? Save it for something special or keep it as a center piece on my bar?

e7a.gif

So I feel like I did a dumb thing but I’m ok with it. I’ve been on a waiting list for awhile now hoping to pick up a bottle and this morning it became available and I got one. Now what do I do!?? Anyone had it before? Is it worth opening or should I just put it away? Save it for something special or keep it as a center piece on my bar?
Save for the next time we beat Alabama.
Invite friends.
Remove cork and throw away.
Drink it.

Reactions: MAD
I still haven’t picked one up due to the obscene price tag, it’s sits on shelves here in Kentucky for around $200. From what I understand it’s just a blend of George Dickel and the price is mainly from the names backing the brand, such as Peyton Manning

Reactions: Toujours Pret
I still haven’t picked one up due to the obscene price tag, it’s sits on shelves here in Kentucky for around $200. From what I understand it’s just a blend of George Dickel and the price is mainly from the names backing the brand, such as Peyton Manning
If it just sits there on shelves I’m gonna be pissed! I’ve been on an email list for almost a year waiting for some.

There's a bottle at the store right down the road from me. I'll check the price next time I'm there.

Has Tennessee changed a law or something about liquor pricing? Lately I’ve seen significant gouging going on at liquor stores that I’ve never seen before. It’s all insane. I’m a long time bourbon drinker and one of the reasons is because the good stuff was affordable. Not anymore. A bunch of Johnny come lately trend chasers have made the good stuff unobtainable/unaffordable

Has Tennessee changed a law or something about liquor pricing? Lately I’ve seen significant gouging going on at liquor stores that I’ve never seen before. It’s all insane. I’m a long time bourbon drinker and one of the reasons is because the good stuff was affordable. Not anymore. A bunch of Johnny come lately trend chasers have made the good stuff unobtainable/unaffordable
Over Christmas I saw two different stores “bundling” things like Eagle Rare or Buffalo Trace with store picks for $90-125. They wouldn’t sell them individually, you had to buy the store pick. I didn’t think that was legal either.

The liquor store owners are learning about the secondary market and adjusting their prices accordingly. One store owner told me he was tired of selling something like Weller for $25 only to see it only Facebook for $50 before the customer even left the parking lot.

If it just sits there on shelves I’m gonna be pissed! I’ve been on an email list for almost a year waiting for some.

Come to Louisville, I can point you to three stores off the top of my head where Sweetens Cove is collecting dust.

Can you give me the names of the stores? I have a friend there who will go get it for me.

Liquor Barn - Outer Loop (I think other Liquor Barns have it too, that’s just the one I’m at the most)
Evergreen Liquor - Middletown (Same as above, I’m sure other Evergreen locations have it too)
Westport Whiskey and Wine

As far as I know they all have multiple with no limit

If you’re in Knoxville, total wine in Turkey creek has some in their case in the bourbon section. I think it’s $200.

I just checked and can buy it on their website and have it shipped to my home. But is it worth $199?

I just checked and can buy it on their website and have it shipped to my home. But is it worth $199?

The majority consensus is no, but I also haven’t tried it. Even a pour runs $10-$15 bucks, and I can buy a decent bottle of bottled in bond for that much.

I’ll probably buy it one day because I’m a sucker for anything related Tennessee and Peyton Manning, but outside of that demographic, I don’t know why anyone would buy it.

Reactions: SDV
If anyone hates money, there’s a Sweetens Cove for $300 at Peacock Wine and Spirits in Sparta
Sadly, that’s what I paid. I’m in Illinois and don’t get south much. I’ve been on multiple mailing lists to be alerted when it’s available and this was the first one I had received. I figured it was much harder to get than what I’m finding out now. I had heard good things about it but was mainly interested in it specifically for the Tennessee connection.

Sadly, that’s what I paid. I’m in Illinois and don’t get south much. I’ve been on multiple mailing lists to be alerted when it’s available and this was the first one I had received. I figured it was much harder to get than what I’m finding out now. I had heard good things about it but was mainly interested in it specifically for the Tennessee connection.

Live and learn. I’ve overpaid for a “hard to find” bourbon more than once only to see multiple sitting on a shelf for half the price more than once.

Live and learn. I’ve overpaid for a “hard to find” bourbon more than once only to see multiple sitting on a shelf for half the price more than once.
Perfect. As long as I’m not the only one. The good news is I don’t have to wonder whether or not i should open it or keep it locked up!

VN Store

Back