Swain not buying CJP explanation on Maurer

You always say it's the team right? Blaming the early losses on the defense missing players not on JG alone right?

Well I used team stats and DIDN'T remove the 2 rushing TDs by Maurer or anything else the team did. I just used team redzone trips and outcomes. And again you pad JGs stats with cupcake teams instead of head 2 head or just SEC play.
Give it a rest you just cant handle the truth.
I guess we need to give JG credit for the drives when we chose to run it on fourth down and the line and backs didn't get the first. We might as well add a few more successful trips to his numbers then if we are accounting for other factors now.

The numbers don't lie.
139.8 to 32.7 qb rating
7tds 2ints to 1 td 2ints

I personally am not sold on any of our quaterbacks but I believe we could win the next 3 with all of them. Odds are better in some senarios than others. So many on here make this personal and its really all business.
The coaches are making business decisions one game at a time. They look at the situation in the moment where as Joe Q. Fan is still tore up about the Georgia St. game.
CJP could careless about what anyone thinks, all he cares about is winning ball games. If we need a picture of a coach who takes things personal and cares what people think, see Butch Jones.

Reactions: Tarkus
Our defense is winning ballgames. JG is doing a fine job of managing football games. I don't care what kind of swagger that our fans think Mauer brings. He makes poor decisions in the redzone. JG has been managing games just fine. We can win every game left on the schedule with JG.
He sure managed those Georgia State and BYU games well

Reactions: Bukstar
The numbers don't lie.
139.8 to 32.7 qb rating
7tds 2ints to 1 td 2ints

I'd use QB ratings too if I was a JG guy. QB ratings dont add fumbles and rushing TDs by the QB into the equation. I bet you already knew that though. 😉

What does tell the total picture is points scored in the redzone per trip. And even if you keep JGs stats against the weakest teams the Vols played (G St, UAB and UTC) the Maurer lead offense has a higher TD percentage (BM 4 of 7 to JG 10/23), a lower failure to score percentage (BM 2/7 to JG 7/23) and averages more points per redzone trip (BM lead avg. 4.43 to JG lead avg. 3.83).

But again, if I was a JG guy I'd use QB rating as well and I'd definitely include the stats from the low end teams. Because making a true pure comparison wouldn't work out in my favor.

I guess we need to give JG credit for the drives when we chose to run it on fourth down and the line and backs didn't get the first. We might as well add a few more successful trips to his numbers then if we are accounting for other factors now.

The numbers don't lie.
139.8 to 32.7 qb rating
7tds 2ints to 1 td 2ints
Numbers don't lie. I've shown you numbers though... and you don't want to see them. You just keep looking for some other way to parse the "numbers" to get them to say something that just isn't true.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I'd use QB ratings too if I was a JG guy. QB ratings dont add fumbles and rushing TDs by the QB into the equation. I bet you already knew that though. 😉

What does tell the total picture is points scored in the redzone per trip. And even if you keep JGs stats against the weakest teams the Vols played (G St, UAB and UTC) the Maurer lead offense has a higher TD percentage (BM 4 of 7 to JG 10/23), a lower failure to score percentage (BM 2/7 to JG 7/23) and averages more points per redzone trip (BM lead avg. 4.43 to JG lead avg. 3.83).

But again, if I was a JG guy I'd use QB rating as well and I'd definitely include the stats from the low end teams. Because making a true pure comparison wouldn't work out in my favor.
1td 2 iint
7tds 2 ints

139.8 to 32.7

Just stop

Your previous post reads a little differently when you dont edit half of it out. Lol

No it doesn't.

I am in no way advocating to start the scrub. It's very clear.

Again, if you can find a single post from me advocating to start Jarette, you get two fifty yard line seats.

As it stands now, no tickets for you.

1td 2 iint
7tds 2 ints

139.8 to 32.7

Just stop
You just cant bring yourself to add in rushing TDs can you? Or acknowledge the comparison between the 2 QBs against the same opponents and remove the padded stats JG has against the cupcakes on the schedule?

Does any of this make sense or are you contempt in not looking into all of the factors? Because trust me I'll stop if you admit you refuse to take all things into account.

1td 2 iint
7tds 2 ints

139.8 to 32.7

Just stop
Against Bama, MSU, and UGA- Maurer- 18 drives, 31 points. JG 18 drives, 16 points.

In spite of the turnovers, Maurer led the Vols to more points. His completion % was 55% to JG's 50%. Maurer threw for 375 to 175 for JG.

YPA- 9.10 vs 6.25 in favor of Maurer.
YPC- 16.61 vs 12.50 in favor of Maurer
Avg depth of target- 12.88 v 9.27 in favor of Maurer
Time to throw- JG 2.41 seconds (really good for him), Maurer 2.16 seconds

Numbers don't lie. Just stop.

1td 2 iint
7tds 2 ints

139.8 to 32.7

Just stop

All of this QBR etc.. was canceled out by the over throws & under throws throughout the year, especially the one's to DWA & JJ TD's taken away and the 14 points rogue fumble vs Bama.
I will give Pruitt and JG credit for staying the course, a lot of players could not mentally take the criticism he's taken some self inflicted and the
hit's, some his fault too.
I think we can win with any 3 ,CJP & Chaney keeping all of them dialed in just gives him options if the starter is off or not moving or bringing any energy to the team.
I think he's not sold on but comfortable with all 3, so that's a good thing for the Vols.
In other words nobody has taken the Bull by the horns.
Go Vols just win

[I can't understand why CJP has no confidence in Shrout. I love his arm strength, IMO his accuracy has improved, he makes a decision, he has a very quick release, and I think the team responds well to him when he's at the helm. Much, much better than JG.QUOTE="Vfl2407, post: 17466474, member: 66492"]Saying this morning that there is no way that Maurer was physically cleared to play vs UAB but then didn’t play.
Says he said that to protect Maurer and confuse the competition.
Says if he was healthy he would play ahead of someone with a cast on his hand.
Also said that CJP has no faith in Shrout.[/QUOTE]

And just like that... @k-town_king disappears again only to reappear in a few days and pronounce that no one has every provided numbers proving him wrong. I guess he's using his other screen name now.

The QB that is not playing is always the better QB until he plays and mess up. Then the QB that has never really played is better until he plays and messes up. Then when they all mess up and the game is lost - folks complain why the others were not allowed to play. Maurer stats clearly show he is either not really ready for the SEC or he is not the QB of the future - way too many interceptions for the limited time he has been on the field - and the freshman thing doesn't carry weight when there are freshmen on other teams that are playing lights out football. Being a freshman is no longer an excuse. That plus he seems to get hurt way too easy so physically he doesn't appear ready to take the hits either. I get that JG has not been as impressive as folks would have liked or as he himself had hoped for - but I don't get the tearing one down to try to make the other QB's look like something they really aren't.

The defense has improved. The QB play, regardless of who is out there, is becoming less of a problem. Roll with it, send positive vibes and hope the winning continues. The team is working hard to get better - support them ALL of them.

The one in the cast looked steady. Looked like a fake hand. The kid is tough but sometimes being a good team player you have to know when to sit he had to think I could fumble and hurt my team with this cast on and Shrout is good I will help him and support him and be a team guy. That is what I would like to see from JG not I am going to show everyone I am tough and play with one hand.

We would have lost to UAB with Shrout. He is so not ready.

What is JG's stats for getting the team in the endzone once in the orangezone. Not very good, and I think that is kind of important. But go ahead and ignore it, but it's the truth. We aren't good enough to win consistently with a game manager. We need a Qb that can make plays and can do it when things break down sometimes, JG simply can't do that. GBO!!!!!!

Reactions: cgrish
I agree with all of that. I think Mauer is done for the season.
I certainly didn’t think so before last week, would’ve bet money otherwise. However, Maurer didn’t get a sniff after being supposedly cleared and healthy. So, I think I’m with you, I don’t think Pruitt will play him again this year, will have to actually see it to think otherwise.

We would have lost to UAB with Shrout. He is so not ready.
We weren’t losing to UAB no matter what. And he wasn’t the QB throwing yet another endzone interception. His leash is so short it’s ridiculous. I don’t think he even has a leash, barely even a collar.

Reactions: cgrish

VN Store

Back