Surprises after 3 games...

utbasketballloft

I was wondering everyones thoughts so far for each player after these 3 games. I figure our outlook and opinions will change after the old spice tourney but i was wondering everyones pre-tourney thoughts. Here's the stats after 3 games:
PLAYER POS PTS REB AST
Tyler Smith F 19.3 6.0 4.0
J.P. Prince G 11.7 2.7 2.7
Cameron Tatum G-F 11.7 2.3 0.7
Wayne Chism F 11.0 9.7 1.7
Scotty Hopson G 10.7 1.0 0.0
Bobby Maze G 9.3 3.7 6.3
Brian Williams C 9.3 7.3 2.3
Josh Tabb G 4.0 3.5 2.5
Renaldo Woolridge G-F 3.7 3.3 1.0
Emmanuel Negedu F 3.0 3.7 0.7
Steven Pearl F 1.3 1.0 0.0

Tyler - total package
J.P. - Can do it all - improved shot and mobility - needs improvement on D
Cam - Can shoot - I like that about him. gonna be a good contributor this year
Wayne - Mr. Double Double this year. Stronger. Needs to never shoot another 3 again
Scotty - TONS of upside. Can do it all - needs to improve his D like J.P.
Bobby - Exciting player - pretty good ball control - distributes well - can shoot-no major complaints
Brian - Stronger, rebounding beast. Looking for improvement in all areas with time
Josh - D-beast. Can shoot pretty well. great for special situations
Renaldo - Needs to learn to control himself. Not impressed so far
Emmanuel - Tons of upside. This guy will be a star for UT at some point - when, I don't know
Steven - take a seat

Ive been very pleased with Bobby Maze's play thus far, and if he continues to post 6 or 7 ppg and avg 6 asts and 1 or 2 t.o i will be very pleased. Scotty Hopson has defenitely shown some promising signs, but his defense has dissapointed and his inconsistency has kinda been dissapointing. Renaldo Woolridge looked very good in the first game but has kind of dissapeared so it'll be interesting to see who the real renaldo is. Brian Williams has been very surprising and looked very good and has provided us a very good inside presence. JP has looked so much more improved from last year and looks to be a big contributor. Cameron Tatum has looked every bit of what we all hoped he would be when he first signed to come to tennessee. Tyler has been Tyler and has seemed to improved his outside game. Wayne has looked great when he has stayed down low and he has rebounded very well, if he will just stay down low and take less three's then he will defenitely be a first team all-sec performer.

Tyler - total package
J.P. - Can do it all - improved shot and mobility - needs improvement on D
Cam - Can shoot - I like that about him. gonna be a good contributor this year
Wayne - Mr. Double Double this year. Stronger. Needs to never shoot another 3 again
Scotty - TONS of upside. Can do it all - needs to improve his D like J.P.
Bobby - Exciting player - pretty good ball control - distributes well - can shoot-no major complaints
Brian - Stronger, rebounding beast. Looking for improvement in all areas with time
Josh - D-beast. Can shoot pretty well. great for special situations
Renaldo - Needs to learn to control himself. Not impressed so far
Emmanuel - Tons of upside. This guy will be a star for UT at some point - when, I don't know
Steven - take a seat
I don't know if Emmanuel will be a star, but for a big guy who hasn't played a lot, he has a nice stroke from the free throw line. He reminds me a lot of Duke Crews.

I really haven't saw any real surprises. I pretty much expected what we've saw so far. We'll learn a lot about this team over the Thanksgiving Break.

I don't know if Emmanuel will be a star, but for a big guy who hasn't played a lot, he has a nice stroke from the free throw line. He reminds me a lot of Duke Crews.

yea he does except he can shoot the 3, jump higher, much stronger, and can actually shoot free throws(he leads the team in % right now).his style though is similar were he's full tilt all the time, but i think his upside is much higher than crews.

I think the real positive "surprise" is the improvement of Williams and Prince. Chism and BW are both averaging close to a double-double. Williams is much quicker and seems to have improved his shot. JP has always been explosive, but he seems to be handling the ball better and playing a little more under control.

Negatives? Chism still shooting threes.

A lot of other points aren't really "surprises:" Hopson's lack of defense, Maze's success at the point, Tatum's shooting, and Tyler being a man amongst boys.

What an all-star field in the Old Spice Classic. I am very hopeful that we will look good, but reality is that there are several excellent teams and we are still young. To win it all would be a stretch, but the upside to this team is tremendous, especially with BW's improvement and the potential of our young guys. Go Vols!!!

VN Store

Back