Surprise

I predict that "Yimmy" will not be the second coming at Notre Dame everyone expects...good, but not spectacular...remember I am the one who said it first!!!

I just can't consider a kid that lives within the city of Knoxville and a childhood fan of the Vols a surprise if he commits. I know ND may lead right now, but there is a long ways to go.

I would consider him a suprise because he would have to go against his parents wishes

apples and oranges, all Im saying is that for an 18 year old kid, it has to be tough to go against your family's choice, do you disagree with that?

How is it apples and oranges? Pat Turner picked the hot school over the Vols going against his parents wishes. Harrison Smith would be going against his parents wishes(at least that is what we think) by picking the local school. Yeah, I'm sure it would be hard, but he has to do what is best for him and none of us know exactly what is going on with him. His parents could be pushing UT and he just likes ND or his parents could be telling him to explore his options.

well, for one USC just played in back to back NC games, has Notre Dame done that? It's hard to ignore the lure of NC games and all the hot SoCal girls. ND hasnt sniffed the NC in a thpousand years and have you seen the chicks that go to ND?

That is exactly why it wouldn't be a surprise if we land Smith. ND hasn't done anything to merit all of this attention and Harrison could very well be thinking about that.

Personally, I think that Jones and Vinson could end up as a better combo than Meachem and Swain.
That could happen. If we get Jones and him and Vinson both produce like they are capable of doing when they get to campus, unlike Swain and Meachem, then I think they have a very good chance of being better.

Jared Ball, MLB, South Doyle HS in Knoxville. Best LB in East TN.
I live in Knoxville and follow high school football and I have never heard of him. If he is so good his Cherokee's should have fared better than they did against the Bobcats.

Like many good prospects that get overlooked, he is not surrounded by alot of talent. Had he played for Maryville or Alcoa, he may have been one of the more celebrated recruits in the area. No knock on the Cherokee's, they play hard, they just don't have the personnel.

well, for one USC just played in back to back NC games, has Notre Dame done that? It's hard to ignore the lure of NC games and all the hot SoCal girls. ND hasnt sniffed the NC in a thpousand years and have you seen the chicks that go to ND?

good point rex. the quality of girls at ND is weak to quite weak.

I just can't consider a kid that lives within the city of Knoxville and a childhood fan of the Vols a surprise if he commits. I know ND may lead right now, but there is a long ways to go.

Yeah..but...sometimes it can become too familiar. A school with tradition like ND can seem surreal to a young man compared to the familiar confines of UT and Neyland. While UT has a tradition...it can sometimes seem too familiar to a hometown boy. I can see Smith choosing someone over TN just because it may seem like a bigger deal to him. It's kind of like kids from Knoxville who don't want to go to school at UT (as a non-athlete) because it is the hometown school and doesn't seem as good as schools that sound better because fewer of their friends are going there.

I know it sounds kind of dumb in some ways...but I think that this factors in to decision making for some guys.

I think you have to be 17 or 18 to understand the mind of a 17 or 18 year old. Something happens to your brain when you turn 30 that doesnt translate to teenagers. Who knows why they do what they do. I just hope he understands ND=chicks with hairy armpits, UT=hotties wearing your jersey

By the way, you should have seen the harem that followed Peyton around when he was in school

I'm 20 so I'm not too far away in that aspect. I'm not saying he won't go to ND, I'm just saying it won't be a surprise if we sign him.

VN Store

Back