Sure has gotten quiet

You would think given the mass exodus of players via the transfer portal, NFL Draft, and loss of recruits that the UT Admin/AD would at least address the elephant in the room. Everyone knows Pruitt interviewed yesterday with the lawyers, and now he is flying to see HT. So what gives? Put out a statement, confirm CJP is staying, or fire him. I honestly don't care at this point I just want some clarity.

Reactions: davethevol
I have always enjoyed reading the back and forth between the people in the know (few and far between), the cryptic sages, the people that know a friend of a friend of a friend twice removed, the highly opinionated (no matter what the topic) that just post to rub the other side raw and the average fan, the later being myself. It really can be both fun and agonizing at the same time, I suppose as a VOL fan one of the prerequisite is you must be somewhat of a glutton for punishment.

GO VOLS

Joe, who are they hiring besides Steele and an assistant s&c coach? I don't think they hired Steele for Pruitt--more likely to replace him (interim). If Pruitt is retained, I suspect Ansley will move on, but it's hard to see Steele putting up with Pruitt's meddling if he becomes the DC.
That's who I meant. I was just going off his comments about looking forward to working with Pruitt. I'm just at the point that I don't think the university cares enough about the football program to try and be competitive, much less hire someone good, or even fire cornbread.

Reactions: DonDiego
You would think given the mass exodus of players via the transfer portal, NFL Draft, and loss of recruits that the UT Admin/AD would at least address the elephant in the room. Everyone knows Pruitt interviewed yesterday with the lawyers, and now he is flying to see HT. So what gives? Put out a statement, confirm CJP is staying, or fire him. I honestly don't care at this point I just want some clarity.
That leads me to believe a decision hasn't been made yet, either way. The only two reasons I can think they haven't decided is 1) they want to keep him but are waiting to see how bad the violations were or 2) they want to fire him but aren't confident they can get a coach they want.

All this being said, if we followed LSU example of deny and do nothing, we wouldn't be in a position of reporting out to NCAA. Will Wade still sitting there w/ two FBI wire taps and no apparent sense of urgency from NCAA to do anything. Not saying that's what we should have done, but I've got a feeling that someone in UTAD amped this up as an angle to fire Pruitt with cause, therefore getting legal involved, and here we sit.
Sounds plausible. I wonder why the NCAA and FBI have been so quiet regarding LSU AND Wade?

That leads me to believe a decision hasn't been made yet, either way. The only two reasons I can think they haven't decided is 1) they want to keep him but are waiting to see how bad the violations were or 2) they want to fire him but aren't confident they can get a coach they want.
Indecision is still a decision.

Maybe if Pruitt can’t convince HT to stay, Pruitt will be released. The trip to California may be very important for him in more ways than one.

Maybe if Pruitt can’t convince HT to stay, Pruitt will be released. The trip to California may be very important for him in more ways than one.

This may be true but I find it hard to believe that the coaching future of a SEC coach boils down to whether or not a Jr. linebacker decides to return. If it does we are truly that close to being a decade or more from EVER being relevant again.

Reactions: Vollifer1949
I'm too old to take this garbage much longer.

I'm to the point that I believe that, we, the people that love Tennessee sports, especially football, need to take serious actions ourselves.

I think we need to WAKE UP all our elected officials at every level and flatout DEMAND that people be replaced at ALL levels of UTK and that ONLY those replacements hired that understand that Tennessee football IS a HUGE part of the K town economy and the UT economy and DOES help fund ALL sports at UT.

We need to be clear that we DEMAND a AD, other than Fulmer, that's a real, experienced, successful AD that's able to run our UT AD to become very successful again and to maintain that level.

We need to make it well known that we want a Head football coach that's a proven Winner and to pay whatever the cost needs to be to hire 1 of the best in the business and then to give him everything he needs to hire his coaching staff and 1 of the best S&C staffs in the business.

They MUST know that we want to keep our Traditions, including playing Alabama every year but that we DEMAND that our football Team is built back to being again able to play them and to get some WINS against them.

We need some people that can organise and help hold rallies at Neyland and other places in the East, at Nissan and other places in Middle Tennessee and at the Liberty Bowl and other places in West Tennessee so that our elected officials see that we ARE damn serious about wanting our Vols to be serious contenders again.

We much stay LOUD and stay PROUD and let then know that we will NOT donate any $$$, we will NOT buy and merchandise and we will NOT buy tickets or attend games until we see PROOF that our demands are being met.

We will NOT settle for more garbage like we've had for the last 15 years or longer...ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

As long as we Vols fans spend $$$ then the powers that be will NOT care!

We need to make this so loud and never ending that the Schiano(sp) deal is a tiny blip on the radar compared to what hits national TV every week until we see our demands get met.

When we see a top AD hired and a top, winning HC hired we might buy 1 ticket to a game.

When we see a top S&C staff hired we'll but 1 more ticket to another game.

When we see a top OC hired, we'll buy another game ticket.

When we see a top DC hired we'll but 1 more game ticket.

When we see a top coaching staff hired for our OC to work with we'll buy another game ticket.

When we see a top coaching staff hired for our DC to work with then we'll but another game ticket.

When we see 8 Wins and a bowl game Win then we'll make a donation.

As the Wins add up we'll increase our donations accordingly.

The more Vols players that are coached up well enough to make it to the NFL then our Donations will also increase.

Message will be that we ARE willing to make donations based on the success of our Vols sports programs.

We are NOT willing to spend 1 more penny on the same type of garbage leaders at UTK, in our AD or to watch games that are hot garbage!

Hire the right people at ALL positions that WILL totally support ALL Tennessee sports.

Hire the right, experienced AD that knows how to get our sports rebuilt back to competing for Championships.

Give our sports programs whatever amount of money it takes to get up back to where Tennessee deserves to be ranked.

I live and breathe Tennessee sports and I WILL be buried wearing my big Orange.

I will NOT, from this day forward, spend 1 penny to buy anything associated with my beloved Vols until I can see serious progress being made to bring back our proud Tradition of WINNING!

The powers that be have screwed me and all other Tennessee fans for the last time!

Bring back the FEAR of having to play our Tennessee Vols!

VFL...GBO!!!
Who is we< money talks and spewers of repeated message board inneuendo are ignored!

It has gotten awfully quiet around here this evening. It seems like everybody is waiting for something to happen but aren't sure what. It is like when your a little kid and the weatherman says there is a good chance of snow and your scared it is just going to rain. Up until last night this site was a buzz with coaching predictions, staff changes and Administration shake ups but know for the most part crickets.
I'm waiting to read the next who and why should be our next head coach thread.

I'm waiting to read the next who and why should be our next head coach thread.
LOL !!!! Wait just a few minutes I'm sure somebody will find a coach on a google or VFL that is helping a Jr High team their son or grandson plays on and BAM there he is.

Reactions: cwbytruckers
It has gotten awfully quiet around here this evening. It seems like everybody is waiting for something to happen but aren't sure what. It is like when your a little kid and the weatherman says there is a good chance of snow and your scared it is just going to rain. Up until last night this site was a buzz with coaching predictions, staff changes and Administration shake ups but know for the most part crickets.
I think we mostly are waiting to see who Pruitt hires and this takes time.

People can only speculate so much. At some point they expect action.

VN Store

Back