Supreme Court to Hear Case of Fired Football Coach Who Prayed at 50-Yard-Line

Franklin Pierce

GettyImages-904723660-640x480.jpg

High school football coach Joe Kennedy lost his job when he refused to stop praying on the 50-yard line after games.

Now the U.S. Supreme Court will hear Kennedy v. Bremerton School District.

The development comes years after Kennedy last knelt for a 30-second silent prayer on the football field at Bremerton High School in Washington state.

Newsweek wrote a feature on Kennedy that reports, ironically, it is other so-called religious groups that pushed back on the Christian’s First Amendment free exercise of his faith:

Of course. The horror of someone taking a knee and saying some prayers. As the world keeps pushing God out, the worse things get.
With children being slaughtered around the world maybe God isn't doing much anyways. But I did hear he saved a little girl in Minnesota because her mom's post got 1000 likes

With children being slaughtered around the world maybe God isn't doing much anyways. But I did hear he saved a little girl in Minnesota because her mom's post got 1000 likes

Ah the old blame God for the horrors right? So all the good in the world, God gets credit for right?

An interesting question. Does this cross the threshold?

He could obviously pray in his van after the game and others could join.

Some obviously don’t think he should be able to pray on the field after the game. What about the parking lot?

And I'd say we're doing better. In the history of this country, as "God has been pushed out" we have had far less death in wars. We have freed slaves. We've given women equal rights. We given minorities equal rights. Scientific advances have extended our life expectancy. etc etc etc. If one looks at the most religious countries on earth, they are generally backwards "sh!tholes."

An interesting question. Does this cross the threshold?

He could obviously pray in his van after the game and others could join.

Some obviously don’t think he should be able to pray on the field after the game. What about the parking lot?

I haven’t read anything but the headline and the OPs post but I’m assuming his employer told him not to do it and he did it anyway? If that’s the case what grounds does he have to sue?

VN Store

Back