support your coach...support your team

dcibrando,A vast majority of transferees weren'playing,one was kicked off,one was JG,one has spinal stenosis and the doc's would not let him play here,and then Wanya Morris(I have no idea as to why).But.the players like him.his seeming honesty to them.So he doesn't like to do the UT show,so what.Last years 3-7 sucked,but,other than the qb situation anddefensive backs getting lost at inopportune times,(Ansleys fault)he should have one more year to improve,if not,bravo yankee,bravo yankee

Reactions: posivol
so much negativity that is mostly unnessacary and makes our fan base look weak.
we have a new first time coach learning on the job.it is who we hired regardless
of your feelings about his job performance.he got the job,you DIDNT.
we cant run coaches off after 3 years.no one will ever want to come here.
his recruiting has been fairly good for a new coach in by far the toughest league in the nation.
is he the right guy for the future,probably not unless he upgrades his staff.
to be fair he won 8 games in a row w/o having a sec caliber q.b..that in itself is an accomplishment
as bad as this year was,he had very little to work with and no training camp to assemble his team.
we have 3 four star q.b. now in house and several missing pieces on the defensive side of the ball.
the upcoming year will tell us what we have and weather pruitt survives or move on to someone else.
if we move on i feel the pieces will be more in place than at any other time we have made a coaching change.
stay positive my friends potential recruits need to know we support our team and players regardless of the coach.
i have a good feeling about next year and hope for 8 wins and much improvement.lets see what happens.
if not i can assure you a change will be made...stay positive my friends,our players that chose to be a vfl deserve that much.
sorry about my spelling,im tone deaf and its chore just to post.

Another one of these crappy threads? There was another one you could have wrote all this on.

Fact is, Pruitt is not HC material. He was 13 - 12 after the 6 game win streak over so so competition. To give him a raise and extension is a fireable offence by Fulmer.

All you have to do is look at the coaches and players jumping ship to see it's over.

Hopefully we will hire better this time.

You seriously want me to “support” 16-19?

We shouldn’t complain, we shouldn’t “want” more and we should simply support 1/3rd of all games (as HC) ending in a blowout loss?

We need to support.......and shut up......when the coach can’t even “compete” vs the decent to good teams?

Lack of motivation
Lack of discipline
terrible coaching decisions
Stubbornness
Terrible assistant turnover
NCAA crap
Ect

We should simply SUPPORT?

what in the world do you think us fans have been doing for the past decade plus? 8 losing seasons out of 13........we have been going to games, buying orange everything, coming on here......and supporting.

Many......if not most of us are simply DONE supporting this crap of a coach.

Nothing wrong with that.....we want better for the team, for the kids, for the program, for the history, and for us fans.

And yet again...
Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
This always happens to Tennessee just before a head coach’s final year. Phillip Fulmer lost David Cutcliffe, Kurt Roper, Matt Luke and Trooper Taylor at the end of the 2007 season and was then fired in 2008. Derek Dooley had his staff poached in 2011 and was then fired before the 2012 season ended. Butch Jones had his staff poached in 2016 and was then fired before the 2017 season ended.
With players bouncing....reported current staff coaches trying to talk to other schools...mass staff changes going into the following season is usually a recipe for disaster...and a fired HC.

We are supposed to learn from our own history. The powers that be are failing us in this concept of rebuilding a winning program.

I will respond to this thread in a few Pruitt-style sentences (if I can).

This thread is just, aight. It just ain't. I can tell you this. It's just standards and expectations, aight. And this thread's, it just don't. I mean.

Reactions: Nooga
I hope JP gets the boot. But better be ready to support Steele as Interim HC. He will improve us by one game because of non-conference schedule and we will give him a 4 year deal. Book it.

giphy.gif

we have a new first time coach learning on the job.it is who we hired regardless
his recruiting has been fairly good for a new coach in by far the toughest league in the nation.
to be fair he won 8 games in a row w/o having a sec caliber q.b..that in itself is an accomplishment
as bad as this year was,he had very little to work with and no training camp to assemble his team.
we have 3 four star q.b. now in house and several missing pieces on the defensive side of the ball.
the upcoming year will tell us what we have and weather pruitt survives or move on to someone else.
if we move on i feel the pieces will be more in place than at any other time we have made a coaching change.
stay positive my friends potential recruits need to know we support our team and players regardless of the coach.
i have a good feeling about next year and hope for 8 wins and much improvement.lets see what happens.
if not i can assure you a change will be made...stay positive my friends,our players that chose to be a vfl deserve that much.

he IS cashing big boy checks
he is NOT delivering big boy results

Well let's see. JG is gone. We have 3 4* QB's. We got rid of Friend. I know it is a waste of my time so I will stop with that short list. SMH

Yep, your right ut is on a roll, bet we can hope for 4 wins next year. And before you start the negative crap I was one of the most positive people on vn. Up until it became apparent that the admin doesn't really care. JG and friend should not have been a problem if it weren't for lack of leadership...

Reactions: igotworms
Good for you. I appreciate your positivity and support your right to use this forum to express yourself.

Like Bama's when they chased Shula out of town and hired Saban? No. Weakness is accepting what we've seen these last three years then saying "rah, rah, rah... he's our coach". I actually like Pruitt but he has not performed and has shown very little indication that he's capable.

The kid who blew his nose in your Big Mac was new on the job too... fire him?
He can be fired from that job. I can't.
Demonstrably false. Bama's coaches from Bear to Saban averaged 4 years. UF has no tolerance for losers. Auburn just fired a coach who had proven more than Pruitt.

Perhaps you should be more concerned with what the coach does in 3 years than him being fired after 3 years.

Which is another reason your previous point is false. There is talent to win for the next guy NOW... which improves their chances of success. If he's allowed to lose for the next two years... then the next guy will inherit a roster in need of rebuild.

So keep a coach that isn't getting it done and isn't the future of the program... and why would someone do something that manifestly stupid?
And to be fair he lost to Georgia State, BYU, and in 7 blowouts this fall. He was destroyed by a middling UK team at home. He was beaten by a first year coach trying to rebuild a true disaster at Arkansas.

So he did or did not recruit well? Who did have a normal training camp? Who else had 5 NFL caliber, experienced OL's returning? You COULD argue that he only beat Mizzou because their first year coach was hurt MORE by Covid than other SEC teams.

So you are OK with a coach entering his 4th year "missing several pieces" on the defensive side of the ball... and to date failing to effectively recruit to those positions?
Really? How so? If the past 3 years didn't convince you what will it take this year?
Really? You do realize that many of the players you probably have in mind are either in or are considering the transfer portal, right?
That's not what you are doing... you are supporting the coach regardless of the team not being coached to potential.
Eight wins is all it will take for you following this debacle? So your "standard" for a 4th year coach is beating Bowling Green, Pitt (maybe), South Alabama, an FCS team, and finishing .500 in conference?
You are guaranteeing that Pruitt will survive next fall if he's mediocre? That's reassuring. Indeed. The players DO deserve MUCH better coaching than they've gotten.
Well that much we can agree on.

VN Store

Back