Superman vs Batman movie coming in 2015!

More like Lucy Lawless back in her Xena days. I just don't think a little stick figure with toothpick arms is a good fit for WW.

Don't get me wrong. She is an attractive Gal (get it?). Just not WW material.

"As is" I'd agree with you but who's to say by the time filming starts she's not gonna have her Linda Hamilton-T2 going on?

More like Lucy Lawless back in her Xena days. I just don't think a little stick figure with toothpick arms is a good fit for WW.

Don't get me wrong. She is an attractive Gal (get it?). Just not WW material.

This is the same thing I've always pictured for this role. I think Lawless would have been a good pick if it was 15-20 years ago.

SOME BIG NEWS TODAY!!

Argo Screenwriter Chris Terrio to Rewrite Batman vs. Superman

On the heel's of today's news that Warner Bros. is eyeing Joaquin Phoenix for a major role in Zack Snyder's upcoming Batman vs. Superman comes word, via The Hollywood Reporter, that Academy Award winning screenwriter Chris Terrio (Argo) has been brought in to rewrite David Goyer's screenplay in advance of next year's production.

Batman vs. Superman will feature the return of Henry Cavill as Superman, facing off against Ben Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne. In addition, the film will mark the big screen debut of Wonder Woman as played by Gal Gadot.

Production on Batman vs. Superman will begin early next year at the Michigan Motion Picture Studios in Pontiac where it will occupy all seven sound stages on the lot in addition to several locations around the state. Also starring Amy Adams, Diane Lane and Laurence Fishburne, the Zack Snyder-directed Batman vs. Superman hits theaters on July 17, 2015.

Joaquin Phoenix Sought for Batman vs. Superman Role!

Joaquin Phoenix could very soon be headed to DC Comics' big screen universe. Variety reports that Warner Bros. is very keen on casting the Her star for Zack Snyder's upcoming Batman vs. Superman, likely in the role of the sequel's central villain, which has long been rumored to be Lex Luthor.

Batman vs. Superman will feature the return of Henry Cavill as Superman, facing off against Ben Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne. In addition, the film will mark the big screen debut of Wonder Woman as played by Gal Gadot.

Following a brief break from acting as part of the preparation for his quasi-documentary I'm Still Here, Phoenix returned to the big screen for Paul Thomas Anderson's The Master last year. In addition to Spike Jonze's Her, which hits theaters in a limited release this week, Phoenix can be seen coming up in Anderson's Thomas Pynchon adaptation, Inherent Vice.

Production on Batman vs. Superman will begin early next year at the Michigan Motion Picture Studios in Pontiac where it will occupy all seven sound stages on the lot in addition to several locations around the state. Also starring Amy Adams, Diane Lane and Laurence Fishburne, the Zack Snyder-directed Batman vs. Superman hits theaters on July 17, 2015

Gal Gadot of Fast and Furious fame is smokin.......

Joaquin Phoenix can do bad personified. I could see him in cranstons breaking bad role.

BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN Gains an Oscar Winning Writer!

Warner Bros. must have some issues with the script David Goyer wrote for Batman Vs. Superman because the studio has hired Argo writer Chris Terrio to write a new draft of it. He will give it a nice little polish. The film's co-star, Ben Affleck, obviously has a strong relationship with the writer and so does the studio. Argo was a hell of a good film, and he won an Oscar for his work on it. It's definitely not going to hurt the movie to bring in a talented, Oscar-winning writer!

The Zack Snyder directed movie will also star Henry Cavill and Amy Adams, with Gal Godot playing Wonder Woman. Game of Thrones actor Jason Momoa is in talks for a role in the movie, as is Joaquin Phoenix for a villain role… possibly Lex Luthor.

The movie is set to be released July 17, 2015, and I'm hoping it turns out to be the epic film that fans are expecting.

This sounds like a cluster**** to me.

So picking up an Oscar winning writer is a bad thing? :no:

Possibly even adding a Golden Globe winning and Academy Award nominated actor as your featured villain?

I would bet this has Ben Affleck all over it. There were rumors that part of the reason Affleck took the Batman role was that he possible could be directing Justice League? This could be the set up for Chris Terrio to write Justice League as well!

Batman vs. Superman Costume Designer Says They're Finalizing the Costumes

Costume designer Michael Wilkinson is no stranger to comic based movies, having worked on American Splendor, 300, Watchmen, Jonah Hex, and Man of Steel, and he'll be taking another stab at it with Zack Snyder's upcoming Batman vs. Superman. Speaking with Cinemovie.tv, Wilkinson says that they're finalizing the costumes for the film's heroes now since production will begin shortly.

"We are now in the stage where we’re refining our designs with the last series of camera tests and doing our final tweaks in preparation for shooting."

Wilkinson also mentioned that in addition to creating all new looks for Batman and Wonder Woman for the film, he has made some "tweaks" to Superman's costume for the upcoming sequel. What do you want the costumes to look like in Batman vs. Superman? Sound off below!

The Zack Snyder directed film will feature the return of Henry Cavill as Superman, facing off against Ben Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne. The film will also mark the big screen debut of Wonder Woman as played by Gal Gadot. Also starring Amy Adams, Diane Lane and Laurence Fishburne.

Joaquin Phoenix is really good, I can see him as LL. He was incredible in Gladiator.

Don't forget walk the line.
It'll be shocking to see him bald because in any movie I've seen in him his head wasn't bald.

Burntorange
About the actress being to scrawny for Wonder Woman unless I missed something Wonder Woman isn't suppose to have the rock size arm muscles and look like a female Arnold maybe your confusing her with She Hulk.
Wonder Woman is a warrior that can kick ass, even with ordinary looking arms and same size as a nfl cheerleader she is far stronger than she looks and I'm talking specifically superhuman strength.

Don't forget walk the line.
It'll be shocking to see him bald because in any movie I've seen in him his head wasn't bald.

Burntorange
About the actress being to scrawny for Wonder Woman unless I missed something Wonder Woman isn't suppose to have the rock size arm muscles and look like a female Arnold maybe your confusing her with She Hulk.
Wonder Woman is a warrior that can kick ass, even with ordinary looking arms and same size as a nfl cheerleader she is far stronger than she looks and I'm talking specifically superhuman strength.

I'm not saying she should look like a body builder but she shouldn't have toothpick arms with knobby shoulders and elbows like a supermodel. Like I said, someone with the build of Lucy Lawless in her Xena days.

I was actually looking at some pics of Kat Dennings the other day and thought if she toned up she would be perfect. Although I'm not sure she Is tall enough.

Gal Gadot on Gearing Up for Playing Wonder Woman in Batman vs. Superman

Cast in the iconic role of Wonder Woman for Zack Snyder's Batman vs. Superman earlier this month, actress Gal Gadot discussed the much-anticipated project on the Israeli entertainment show "Good Evening with Gai Pines." Batman-News has now posted the video, which you can check out in the player below, along with a translation from the original Hebrew.

"It's the physical preparations that I'm starting now," Gadot says. "A very serious training regimen – Kung Fu, kickboxing, swords, jujutsu, Brazilian. A thousand and one things. I'll gain body mass."

Gadot also cleverly shoots down fan criticism regarding her less-than-towering physique with the reminder that even the fictional denizens of Themyscira aren't necessarily the ideal Amazons as far as history is concerned.

"I represent the Wonder Woman of the new world," she says. "Breasts anyone can buy for 9,000 shekels and everything is fine. By the way, Wonder Woman is Amazonian, and historically accurate Amazonian women actually had only one breast. So, if I'd really go 'by the book,' it'd be problematic."

Batman vs. Superman will feature the return of Henry Cavill as Superman, facing off against Ben Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne. Production is slated to begin early next year at the Michigan Motion Picture Studios in Pontiac where it will occupy all seven sound stages on the lot in addition to several locations around the state. Also starring Amy Adams, Diane Lane and Laurence Fishburne, the film will hit theaters on July 17, 2015.

I'm not saying she should look like a body builder but she shouldn't have toothpick arms with knobby shoulders and elbows like a supermodel. Like I said, someone with the build of Lucy Lawless in her Xena days.

I was actually looking at some pics of Kat Dennings the other day and thought if she toned up she would be perfect. Although I'm not sure she Is tall enough.

I have little doubt Gadot is going to get "buffed up" over what you see her as now. (did you see what they did with scrawny Adrian Brody for Predators?) Still, I'd have pictured someone more along the lines of Taylor Cole/Gina Carano/Adrianne Palicki.

To be honest though it's how well they treat the character that matters. Let's face it, Hugh Jackman at over 6' isn't even remotely similar to the Wolverine of comics canon.

Reactions: 1 person
I have little doubt Gadot is going to get "buffed up" over what you see her as now. (did you see what they did with scrawny Adrian Brody for Predators?) Still, I'd have pictured someone more along the lines of Taylor Cole/Gina Carano/Adrianne Palicki.

To be honest though it's how well they treat the character that matters. Let's face it, Hugh Jackman at over 6' isn't even remotely similar to the Wolverine of comics canon.

That is true. They did his hair and wardrobe perfect though (At least until Origins anyway).

Grain of salt and all that but this is interesting....

Dwayne Johnson is now rumored to be up for the role of Jon Stewart/Green Lantern

Think McFly Think's Peter Georgiou tweeted that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is now rumored to be up for the role of Jon Stewart/Green Lantern. This is not concrete news; Georgiou himself classifies it as a rumor going around Hollywood.

It could be true, however. Do you think Johnson is in talks for Batman vs. Superman or another DCCU film?

Now keep in mind this is only a rumor and Denzel Washington is still rumored for the role, so things might be a little confusing until the film's release in 2015.

Is wolverine suppose to be a short man?

Is wolverine suppose to be a short man?

Very. Though people tend to get drawn all over the map his comic character was supposedly in the 5'3" to 5'6" range and often referred to as "runt", especially by his good buddy Sabretooth.

Very. Though people tend to get drawn all over the map his comic character was supposedly in the 5'3" to 5'6" range and often referred to as "runt", especially by his good buddy Sabretooth.

Yeah and Hugh Jackman is like 6'2 or 6'3. He's been fantastic as Wolverine, though.

The beauty and curse of artistic freedom for drawing characters.

The conflict between batman and superman can be non physical.
Batman A realist that is understandably cynical because of the damn garbagehole that is Gotham city, along with seeing the ugly side of humanity when his parents were shot in cold blood.
Think of him as another Grinch but does help.
Batman doesn't want to get close to people.
I recall some quote cynics don't read bad lessons from the past they are prematurely disappointed in the future.

Superman a optimist that wants to see the good in people.
While he is aware that humans are flawed capable of destructiveness and malevolence he still looks at the glass as half full not letting negative experiences make him bitter, negative, and cynical.
He lets people get close, and is involved with his world including His friend Jimmy Olson.
Think or him as Mr.Sunshine or Mr.Rogers but will kick ass, save and help people when needed.
He won't pass judgement on people whether it's saving people from a burning building, or some other emergency while Batman would.

I can't see the Rock as ANY Green Lantern.... way to buff/huge.

Now, him as Colossus for Marvel if he could pull off the accent? Sure.

Bad news! :cray:

Warner Bros Pushes Superman-Batman Movie To 2016
Warner Bros Pushes Superman-Batman Movie To 2016

UPDATED: The studio’s new release date of May 6, 2016 is almost a year after the Superman-Batman movie’s original date and might sound familiar: it is the same weekend as an untitled Marvel movie, setting up a superhero showdown. It will now bow on Mother’s Day weekend and is playing chicken with Fox’s X-Men: Apocalypse, which comes only a week after. Talk about a monster chasing your tail end.

As it stands now, it will be Superman-Batman, X-Men the following weekend, and followed quickly by The Amazing Spider-Man 3 from Sony. Something’s will give eventually, otherwise they will cannibalize each other. A studio executive discounted a rumor circulating that actor Ben Affleck (who is playing Batman) hurt his leg and that was the reason for the delay. “We just want to do it right and need the time,” he said. Warner Bros is giving the old Superman-Batman date to Pan, which was to be released June 26, 2015, thereby keeping it away from being sandwiched between Fox’s Fantastic Four and Paramount’s Terminator. It also takes Pan off the the same date as Ted 2 from Universal to go to more comfortable grounds at the moment … because, as we know … the jockeying won’t end for months and studios are flush with remakes and sequels in 2015, unlike anything the industry has ever seen in its history.

VN Store

Back