Superman & Lois (CW)

As soon as I saw the actress portraying Lois I turned the channel. Lois is supposed to be a naturally beautiful lady. Tulloch... Not so much.

As soon as I saw the actress portraying Lois I turned the channel. Lois is supposed to be a naturally beautiful lady. Tulloch... Not so much.
She's only portrayed Lois Lane for about 3 years and done a fantastic job doing it in the Arrowverse.

As for as Lois being beautiful did you see Margot Kidder she looked good in some early promotional photos but didn't look all that great on film.

She's only portrayed Lois Lane for about 3 years and done a fantastic job doing it in the Arrowverse.

As for as Lois being beautiful did you see Margot Kidder she looked good in some early promotional photos but didn't look all that great on film.
Aight my bad. I just thought she looked quite ugly in office scene where Clark was smitten, :confused: To me it was comical the way the camera zeroed in on her. I'll move along now.

I didn’t realize the show was going to be about Lois and Clark raising teenagers. Not sure that is the Superman show I would be interested in. May still give it a try but my expectations are significantly lowered.

Reactions: Sandman 423
Aight my bad. I just thought she looked quite ugly in office scene where Clark was smitten, :confused: To me it was comical the way the camera zeroed in on her. I'll move along now.
That was probably the opening scene where they first met. They tried to make them look younger.

I only got to watch the first 15 minutes before something came up. I plan on trying again after the bball game unless we play like we did against Kentucky then I'll get early jump on it.

If you missed the premiere and/or want to check it out again.

"On Feb. 27 at 9 PM, TNT will air an encore presentation of the premiere of The CW’s Superman & Lois, starring Tyler Hoechlin and Elizabeth Tulloch. It will be immediately followed by the brand-new special Superman & Lois: Legacy of Hope, which takes fans behind the scenes with sneak peeks and interviews from the cast of the new series, plus special guests discussing the legacy of the Man of Steel. Leading to the Superman & Lois premiere rebroadcast, TNT will air a Superman feature film marathon: Suicide Squad (1:00pm), Man of Steel (3:30pm) and Justice League (6:30pm)."

Reactions: vols72
Finally got to watch it and all I can say is Wow!!! First time in a long time I've not wanted a show to end. Really love the whole aspect of him dealing with how to be human and how to juggle being a super hero and parent. Finally a good superman story

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
Finally got to watch it and all I can say is Wow!!! First time in a long time I've not wanted a show to end. Really love the whole aspect of him dealing with how to be human and how to juggle being a super hero and parent. Finally a good superman story
Yeah, It's a fantastic modern take on the character but still stays true to what Superman has been for over 80 years.

You really want Batman to be turned into the PC police?

I agree. This version of Superman was super vanilla and boring on Supergirl. I can only imagine what they'd do with Batman. Gotham was honestly pretty hokey towards the end too.

This type of show did well in the 90's when this sort of cheesiness was popular. But Marvel and Nolan's Batman trilogy has changed the game for how Superhero movies/shows should be done.

I never really got into Supegirl but she isn't as well known of a Superhero as the others, so a show like this worked. But I always hated the Flash show on CW. The Flash is just such an overpowered character, it's just impossible to really do his character justice on a TV show without an incredibly high budget. Plus I just thought the main actor was bad.

I agree. This version of Superman was super vanilla and boring on Supergirl. I can only imagine what they'd do with Batman. Gotham was honestly pretty hokey towards the end too.

This type of show did well in the 90's when this sort of cheesiness was popular. But Marvel and Nolan's Batman trilogy has changed the game for how Superhero movies/shows should be done.

I never really got into Supegirl but she isn't as well known of a Superhero as the others, so a show like this worked. But I always hated the Flash show on CW. The Flash is just such an overpowered character, it's just impossible to really do his character justice on a TV show without an incredibly high budget. Plus I just thought the main actor was bad.
Your replying to post that was done before this Superman & Lois ever aired. The "Pilot" episode at least was far and away the best Superman has been done since the Christopher Reeve Superman.

I partially agree with you on Supergirl they went overboard with the PC stuff.

The Flash outside the occasional annoyance of Iris has been really well done for the most part. IMO

Your replying to post that was done before this Superman & Lois ever aired. The "Pilot" episode at least was far and away the best Superman has been done since the Christopher Reeve Superman.

I partially agree with you on Supergirl they went overboard with the PC stuff.

The Flash outside the occasional annoyance of Iris has been really well done for the most part. IMO
Whoa dude, Iris is hot!😂

After solid ratings and massive streaming ratings the CW has renewed S&L for a 2nd Season.

"Superman & Lois will be flying in for another season. Following its strong multiplatform series premiere last week, the CW has renewed the superhero drama for a second season. It marks one of the fastest renewals for a freshman series; in 2014, the CW ordered a second season of The Flash two weeks after that DC series’ big debut.

“The phenomenal multiplatform debut of Superman & Lois, which delivered for us in a big way on both a linear and streaming basis, is a testament to the creativity, hard work and dedication of the talented people who worked tirelessly in front of and behind the camera, especially in this challenging environment,” said Mark Pedowitz, Chairman and CEO, The CW Network"

"The 90-minute series premiere of the present-day drama based on the DC characters lifted The CW to its best night of primetime in over two years, since January 29, 2019, according to Nielsen. Additionally, the debut delivered the largest day-one streaming audience for a new series in the history of The CW.

The series debut grew by an additional million viewers (1.7 million to 2.7 million) in Live+3, while nearly doubling the live-plus same-day viewership among adults 18-34, growing 93% in L+3, according to Nielsen and the network.

Superman & Lois
brings to 13 the number of CW series renewed for the 2021-2022 season. Still pending are Kung Fu, The Republic of Sarah and Stargirl, none of which have premiered their current seasons."

This show is crap.

I love DC but damn this bored me.

You watch the umbrella club or flash or star girl and then this and it's clear this is just lazy writing.

He will end up fighting one of his sons by season 2 or 3. If I am wrong, I will be shocked.

Reactions: davethevol
This show is crap.

I love DC but damn this bored me.

You watch the umbrella club or flash or star girl and then this and it's clear this is just lazy writing.

He will end up fighting one of his sons by season 2 or 3. If I am wrong, I will be shocked.
Everything about this show feels rushed and just thrown together. I think all the actors are poorly cast for their roles, and I agree that writing is lazy.

Reactions: NEO
Everything about this show feels rushed and just thrown together. I think all the actors are poorly cast for their roles, and I agree that writing is lazy.

Tyler Hoechlin has been playing Clark Kent/Superman in the Arrowverse since 2016.

Elizabeth Tulloch has been playing Lois Lane since 2018.

Most feel they have been the most faithful to the characters since Christopher Reeve and Margot Kidder.

Jenna Dewan to reprise her role as Lucy Lane

Superman & Lois just recruited a Supergirl alum for Season 2. When the Arrowverse series returns, Jenna Dewan will reprise her role as Lucy Lane, Lois' younger sister.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Dewan will appear in a recurring role during Superman & Lois Season 2. This will be Dewan's first Arrowverse role since she left Supergirl after Season 1 in 2016.

Over the past two or three weeks I went back and re-watched the first season and now I've just wrapped watching Season Two for the first time and I can't tell you how much I'm really loving this show.

The characters have really grown on me. Emmanuelle Chriqui is fantastic as Lana Lang Cushing. Adam Rayner has a lot of fun as the character he portrays which I wont say for spoilers.

I was not a fan of the Dylan Walsh character as (General Sam Lane/Lois' dad) in the first season however by the end of season 2 he had proved me wrong. The addition of Jenna Dewan in season 2 who reprises her role as Lois' sister Lucy Lane from Supergirl is great. On a couple of occasions we get visits from David Ramsey as John Diggle from the Arrow. Ramsey also directs episodes S1E7 and S2E2, S2E11.

The kids on the show have really grown into their roles. I don't want to spoil it for anyone but by the end of season 2 we were seeing some great early season Smallville type action & story-lines and I expect that will carry on even more in Season 3.

It's neat that the show from the start gave nods to the Smallville series with the HS mascot being the Crows and the town water tower had the shows title Smallville font on it.

Superman & Lois has also had a number of Actor/Directors with David Ramsey mentioned above but Tom Cavanagh (The Flash) directed the Season 1 finale S1E15. As I posted months ago Amy Jo Johnson (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Flashpoint) directed S2E6 and Elizabeth Henstridge best known for portraying Jemma Simmons on (Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) as well as Apple TV+ (Suspicion) directed S2E7.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back