Superman & Lois (CW)

CagleMtnVol

Superman & Lois
spr800x45072dpi-1fef3f99.md.jpg

‘Superman & Lois’ TV Series Starring Tyler Hoechlin & Elizabeth Tulloch In The Works At The CW

The CW’s DC universe is eying another major expansion with Superman & Lois, a present-day drama based on the DC characters, starring Supergirl‘s Tyler Hoechlin and Elizabeth Tulloch as the iconic couple. The hourlong project, now in development, hails from The Flash executive producer Todd Helbing, DC Universe architect Greg Berlanti and Warner Bros. TV, where Helbing and Berlanti are under deals.
Written by Helbing, based on the DC characters created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, Superman & Lois revolves around the world’s most famous Super Hero and comic books’ most famous journalist as they deal with all the stress, pressures and complexities that come with being working parents in today’s society.

Former Flash showrunner Helbing executive produces with Berlanti, Sarah Schechter and Geoff Johns via Berlanti Productions.

With several DC series reaching maturity and the show that launched the CW universe, Arrow, in its final season, the network is stepping up its DC development efforts with two high-profile projects. Superman & Lois joins an Arrow spinoff headlined by the show’s Katherine McNamara, Katie Cassidy and Juliana Harkavy reprising their roles. It is set up as a backdoor pilot that will air as episode from the current eighth and final season of Arrow.

Superman & Lois is being developed as a standalone pilot and will not be introduced as a planted spinoff on one of the existing DC series on the CW. It marks a new stage in the DC franchise evolution on the CW as it features one of the most iconic DC characters, Superman.

Hoechlin has been portraying Clark Kent/Superman on the CW’s Arrowverse series since 2016, primarily on Supergirl. Tulloch was cast as Lois Lane last year when she appeared alongside Hoechlin’s Man of Steel in the 2018 Arrowverse crossover. She has since appeared as Lois Lane on Supergirl, The Flash and Batwoman. Both Hoechlin and Tulloch are set to reprise their roles in the upcoming big Arrowverse crossover event.

Tulloch previously starred as the female lead for six seasons on NBC’s Grimm. Her recent feature credits include Chronic, opposite Tim Roth, which premiered at the Cannes Film Festival.

The Daily Planet tandem of Clark and Lois has been a foundation of the DC Comics mythology since the character got off the ground in the 1938 premiere issue of Action Comics./QUOTE]

Last edited:
It's odd to me they went in on a Superman show but they still seem to be scared to get a proper Batman in the Arrow/CW verse.

Cast news:

Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) has been cast as Lana Lang in the upcoming new Arrowverse series Superman & Lois.

Dylan Walsh (Nip/Tuck, Blue Bloods) has been cast as Lois' father General Samuel Lane in the upcoming CW Series Superman & Lois.

Cast News:

Inde Navarette (Wander Darkly) has joined the CW series Superman & Lois. Navarrette will play Sarah Cushing the daughter of Kyle (Valdez) and Lana (Chriqui), is a whip-smart, supercool wild child with some demons in her past who becomes friends with the Kent boys, Jonathan and Jordan.

Superman & Lois series premiere Tuesday February 23rd at 9PM/8CT following the season premiere of The Flash.

This is a major upgrade over the first one and brings back a more classic look.

Now if they would bring back the red trunks.

FB_IMG_1607534599459.jpg

Reactions: BenGrimm
This is a major upgrade over the first one and brings back a more classic look.

Now if they would bring back the red trunks.

View attachment 329019

That is a lot better. I didn’t care for the way the cape was attached on the other.

Red trunks help break up the blue. All underwear jokes aside, it just doesn’t look right without them.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
Really excited for this any time I get superman I'm happy
I remember where I was the Sunday Lois & Clark was to debut on ABC in 1993 I think. I was a 11 or 12 and my family had when shopping. Dad, I think broke the speed limit to get home as he was a big Superman fan as well he was around the same age when the George Reeves series was on in the mid 50's.

Reactions: vols72
I remember where I was the Sunday Lois & Clark was to debut on ABC in 1993 I think. I was a 11 or 12 and my family had when shopping. Dad, I think broke the speed limit to get home as he was a big Superman fan as well he was around the same age when the George Reeves series was on in the mid 50's.
Grew up watching the reruns of the George Reeves series with my dad, it's what started my love affair with comics and superman. To this day he is mine and my dad's favorite. It still makes my dad mad they killed him in the comics and in BvS lol

Got it set up to record, I've been waiting for this and I must say this doesn't look like a sappy love story it actually looks as if they will be pulling from the comics and we will be getting actual superman action

Nice Action Comics #1 homage with the green car in the opening montage.

And the original Fleischer cartoon "S" shield.

Reactions: vols72

VN Store

Back