Superhero Bracketology II - Rd 2 Reg 4 - (2) Black Panther v (7) Spider-Man

(2) Black Panther vs (7) Spider-Man

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

95 Vol Alum

Go Big Vols!
Vote for your favorite to advance. This is a 2nd round match-up in Region 4. Poll closes in 2 days.

(2) Black Panther (2018)

RT - 97%
IMDb - 7.3
Metacritic - 88%

Black_Panther_film_poster.jpg

vs.

(7) Spider-Man (2002)

RT - 90%
IMDb - 7.3
Metacritic - 73%

220px-Spider-Man2002Poster.jpg

I missed this thread but this is crazy.
This is the most bi polar meds needing, no jokes at all, Spidey to ever exist barring emo spidey in 3.

Plot is decent but his character is a travesty and nothing like the comic or cartoon. Moody lil bastard.

Black Panther was very well done on the other had and didn’t waste the first 30 minutes on an origin story. Origin stories are lazy writing for the movies. Every person knows how Spidey came about.

You must be confusing this with The Amazing Spider-Man.

When that Spider-Man came out it needed an origin. It was the first Spider-Man movie ever. And while he may have been one of the most recognizable characters I knew plenty of people he didn’t know the full details of his origin.

Totally disagree about it capturing his character. I thought it did a great job. Mary Jane was a little off but worked and of course there was the dumb Goblin mask.

Just watched this a few months ago with my kids and it still holds up very well as far as time and capturing the character.

Black Panther did have an origin story too. Not only told about the lineage of the Panther but Wakanda and even recapped T’Chaka’s death in Civil War.

No I meant Toby McGuire sucks. Maybe since I had already seen the origin story in the 70s live action TV movies, the 80s cartoon, the 90s cartoon I am jaded on the big screen needing it.

On a side note, the 70s tv stuff is worth a watch for fans who have never seen them. They are dated but still have a cool feel.

VN Store

Back