Super Regional vs Florida

Made this little GIF. Please tell me you get it.....

giphy.gif
Ok, I had to think, but....the calm countryside is you before the attempted steal, the blow up happened when it didn’t work, and the calm countryside is you after you cooled down and forgave the Weeklys. If I’m right, please give me a like. 😀

Ok, I had to think, but....the calm countryside is you before the attempted steal, the blow up happened when it didn’t work, and the calm countryside is you after you cooled down and forgave the Weeklys. If I’m right, please give me a like. 😀

Not bad. But I was thinking more along the lines of a Barn, on a Hill, getting hit by an atomic bomb. BOOM!

Not bad. But I was thinking more along the lines of a Barn, on a Hill, getting hit by an atomic bomb. BOOM!
Oh wow, that’s deep, very good, somewhat overkill though. Maybe we better save it, in case we need it tomorrow. 😀

Last edited:
Just wanna drop a little food for thought here. It’s absurd to me that there’s almost nothing on the NCAA Softball Twitter or Instagram about UT. I know we didn’t play a perfect game, but we won. I’d love to see some highlights about Caylan or the times when we DID do well. It’s maddening, the bias. I hope we win tonight because it’s been a long drought of no trips to OKC, but something tells me even if we make it, the story will be much the same—our victories will be cheapened somehow.

Just wanna drop a little food for thought here. It’s absurd to me that there’s almost nothing on the NCAA Softball Twitter or Instagram about UT. I know we didn’t play a perfect game, but we won. I’d love to see some highlights about Caylan or the times when we DID do well. It’s maddening, the bias. I hope we win tonight because it’s been a long drought of no trips to OKC, but something tells me even if we make it, the story will be much the same—our victories will be cheapened somehow.
No time for us space needed for how poor Barnhill wasn’t getting the two foot outside pitch called for her. Caylan certainly deserved more coverage afterward and during the game.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

I saw some coverage of the game early this morning on the SEC Network. Other sport channels not so much.

Have they set the starting line-ups yet. I honestly think we start Arnold again and they go with Barnhill. Ashley has had a great season but gets a case of the nerves in big games... I hope we stay in the box and swing the bat... Too many slappers

Reactions: SEC FAN 1111
I don't see them pitching Arnold again today after 170 pitches yesterday since we have 2 rested and ready to go. Although I think there is a good chance UF goes with Barnhill again. She seems to be the only pitcher the coaches have any real confidence in. Just a last comment on the steal attempt. I heard a commentator say they thought it was not a bad idea as Barnhill is notoriously bad at throwing overhand. She is terrible at fielding bunts and throwing to 1st. I think the Weeklys were counting on her to make a bad throw home. I don't think it was a 'no confidence' move as some here seems to believe, I think it had a better chance to work than not but Barnhill made maybe her only good throw of the year.

Reactions: dusbelli
I don't see them pitching Arnold again today after 170 pitches yesterday since we have 2 rested and ready to go. Although I think there is a good chance UF goes with Barnhill again. She seems to be the only pitcher the coaches have any real confidence in. Just a last comment on the steal attempt. I heard a commentator say they thought it was not a bad idea as Barnhill is notoriously bad at throwing overhand. She is terrible at fielding bunts and throwing to 1st. I think the Weeklys were counting on her to make a bad throw home. I don't think it was a 'no confidence' move as some here seems to believe, I think it had a better chance to work than not but Barnhill made maybe her only good throw of the year.

and she threw underhand...

I think it can be a good idea, depending on the circumstances. The 2 things that give you the best chance are: (1) surprise, since it so rarely happens at this level and (2) the runner getting a casual, but decent lead. We had neither of those going for us on the play. We had already delayed 2nd base 3 times and they were hyper aware, to the point that they were throwing to the first baseman after pitches sometimes instead of to Barnhill. So the surprise was gone. Also, as soon as the catcher looked at the runner she turned her hips and went back to the bag. She had almost the entire 60 feet to cover. Had she looked very casual, like she wasn't thinking about it, yet stayed 10-12 feet off the bag she may have had a chance.

It looks like there are fewer fans at the game than were there yesterday, which is odd.

Why do we let them take second with nothing but a fake throw???? We should be able to run a first and third play I would think...especially in the first inning

VN Store

Back