Super Bowl LIV Thread, 6:30 PM ET (2/2/20), FOX

MAD

Arsenal FC, Detroit Lions
36ACEA81-8313-4DEC-967D-FEB69AE4ACBE.jpeg

Odds: Chiefs -1
O/U: 52.5

For the first time in the 54-year history of the Super Bowl, Sunday's Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers matchup pits two teams that have red as their primary color.

Who will you be rooting for and who do you think will win?
What are your plans for the Super Bowl?

View attachment 257601

For the first time in the 54-year history of the Super Bowl, Sunday's Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers matchup pits two teams that have red as their primary color.

I think this Super Bowl will be similar to Super Bowl XlX between the 49'ers and Dolphins that the 49'ers won 38-16. I think the 49'ers offense will be too much for the Chiefs defense and the 49'ers win going away 37-21.

Reactions: MAD
View attachment 257601

Chris Long was talking about how this reduces his enjoyment of the game by 30%, LOL.

I got Chiefs. I can see a bunch of different scenarios playing out, but the idea that the 49ers are going to shut down the Chiefs just seems unlikely. They could have a pretty good day against the Chiefs and still surrender 31. 49ers are going to need to force some fumbles at key times or hurt Mahomes, or something.

BTW, this is an awesome preview if you care about the technical aspects of football. Long goes into great detail about the strategies the defensive lines will employ, for example Dee Ford isn't good at the push/pull technique, but that's what he's probably going to have to do to beat Schwartz. It's pretty awesome.

Chris Long was talking about how this reduces his enjoyment of the game by 30%, LOL.

I got Chiefs. I can see a bunch of different scenarios playing out, but the idea that the 49ers are going to shut down the Chiefs just seems unlikely. They could have a pretty good day against the Chiefs and still surrender 31. 49ers are going to need to force some fumbles at key times or hurt Mahomes, or something.

I feel like San Fran can’t turn the ball over and has to force at least two turnovers to get a chance.

BTW, this is an awesome preview if you care about the technical aspects of football. Long goes into great detail about the strategies the defensive lines will employ, for example Dee Ford isn't good at the push/pull technique, but that's what he's probably going to have to do to beat Schwartz. It's pretty awesome.

Sounds interesting, started listening now. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
The 49ers defense has been very impressive this year. Their offense is not bad and can put up a ton of points. But that said, I’m going to have to pick the Chiefs. Mahomes and his wide receivers are just way too good.

Lol, my daughter messaged me earlier who is not a sports fan....
“Did you know that the 49ers coach is a woman? I think that’s so cool, makes me wanna watch the Super Bowl”

Reactions: peaygolf
The 49ers defense has been very impressive this year. Their offense is not bad and can put up a ton of points. But that said, I’m going to have to pick the Chiefs. Mahomes and his wide receivers are just way too good.

Lol, my daughter messaged me earlier who is not a sports fan.... “Did you know that the 49ers coach is a woman? I think that’s so cool, makes me wanna watch the Super Bowl”

One thing you'll see Long say is that you have to chip Kittle, then look for the run before you can even really get into your pass rush. That's such a huge advantage, but I don't think the run game is going to go like it did against Green Bay because the zone blocking scheme works so well against the 3-4 and not nearly as well against a 4-3.

If the Chiefs can hold off the 9ers pass rush, they win by 10. If they can't, it's a coin flip. I could see this game going either way, but I hope KC wins. SF won't win a shootout, KC is just too fast on the outside.

Reactions: n_huffhines and MAD
If the Chiefs can hold off the 9ers pass rush, they win by 10. If they can't, it's a coin flip. I could see this game going either way, but I hope KC wins. SF won't win a shootout, KC is just too fast on the outside.
I think it's a toss up. However , Ijust dont understand the argument that sf cant win a shootout... check out the saints game .

Reactions: Vol49er and MAD
I think it's a toss up. However , Ijust dont understand the argument that sf cant win a shootout... check out the saints game .

SFO could win a game that ends with a shootout, not saying you're wrong, but KC and NO are completely different animals. KC was down 24-0 with 11' left in the 2nd quarter and they were leading at halftime. Never seen anything quite like that in my life. The Peyton Manning/Bucs comeback ranks right up there, but that was a regular-season game where they were working against the clock and got a KR TD.

SFO could win a game that ends with a shootout, not saying you're wrong, but KC and NO are completely different animals. KC was down 24-0 with 11' left in the 2nd quarter and they were leading at halftime. Never seen anything quite like that in my life. The Peyton Manning/Bucs comeback ranks right up there, but that was a regular-season game where they were working against the clock and got a KR TD.
Just because KC can score quick doesnt make sf unable to win a shootout.
In fact, scoring quick only benefits SF. Defense has to come right back on the field against a physical sf offense. Kc needs to try to not score so quickly to give defense a rest..IMO

Reactions: Vol49er
Just because KC can score quick doesnt make sf unable to win a shootout.
In fact, scoring quick only benefits SF. Defense has to come right back on the field against a physical sf offense. Kc needs to try to not score so quickly to give defense a rest..IMO

Sure. Chiefs have a good D too, tho. KC was 5th in average TOP and 6th in average number of plays per drive. 49ers were 11th and 22nd, respectively. If the 49ers are going 3 and out, they're going to be in a world of trouble.

Super Bowl Commercial
MC Hammer teaches us something....

20 years ago today.....
I’m sure a painful memory for many.
0B8FF38F-C89D-441F-92E1-0D77EF339256.jpeg
73B4DBE6-D593-4235-8A4F-20B1F122C7DB.jpeg

I’m just happy that I will finally be able to enjoy a SB. The last one I watched was Peytons last year. As a rule if the Patriots are in the SB I don’t watch it.

Sure. Chiefs have a good D too, tho. KC was 5th in average TOP and 6th in average number of plays per drive. 49ers were 11th and 22nd, respectively. If the 49ers are going 3 and out, they're going to be in a world of trouble.
If I'm not mistaken, chiefs defense was ranked bottom half of league against the rush. I know they played better with the addition of Suggs. Sf was without alot of starters from like week 8 until the first playoff game..

Garrapolo has the best or 2nd best completion % ..
Either way, I'm glad to see some new blood in the superbowl, gonna be a damn good game!

VN Store

Back