Sunburn

joevol24

Has anyone ever had a sunburn on their legs so bad they couldn't walk? I tried to get up this morning and the pain is unbearable. Any remedies? I'm using aloe Vera, drinking water and taking anti inflammatory medicine. Any other suggestions?

Reactions: Juanita
An electrician told me to try this for a burn on my hand (I grabbed a skillet handle that had been in the oven.) He told me to apply it over and over until the heat was gone. Took a while, but it did eventually work.

1655825828348.png

Has anyone ever had a sunburn on their legs so bad they couldn't walk? I tried to get up this morning and the pain is unbearable. Any remedies? I'm using aloe Vera, drinking water and taking anti inflammatory medicine. Any other suggestions?
Keep wet washcloths on the burn. The hope is to draw some of the heat out of the deeper tissues. So not only pain relief, but potentially reducing the radiation damage.

Reactions: Vjcvette
While I was in college, I made the terrible decision to go to Talladega with no sunscreen and no hat. I became a lifelong advocate for SPF 50 the next day.

I had a sorta similar experience. Went snorkeling while down at Grand Cayman when I was 19...completely forgot to apply sunscreen or at least throw on one of those rashguard shirts. After a whole morning of my back being fried, it was a painful several days following (in particular on the flight back).

If you have access to Lavender essential oil, it works but make sure it is from a trusted source and not a "knock off" brand. My wife uses it for burns and it does help.

Y’all better pray you never get Hell’s Itch. I got it a few years ago, it’s absolutely unbearable.

Usually just happens on the back/shoulders though so OP should be fine.

Cold water bath. That is about all you can do.

Reactions: Vjcvette
Put your burn medicine in the refrigerator and when you put it on its fantastic for a little while. I've been there before when I was a teenager and had to miss three or four days of work and couldn't wear pants because of it.

Reactions: Vjcvette and tbh
They make a prescription cream that usually doesn’t cost very much. Might want to get the doctor to call you something in.

Never had it that bad, but when I have hot water helped. Especially like a hot tub at the beach when I'd get burned.

I think that you are doing the right things, it will just take a little time

My neighbors daughter who’s still breastfeeding her 2 year old told me breast milk is almost magical and can cure all kinds of things for her child from skin rashes to eye infections. I’d suggest you find a lactating lady and give that a try. If nothing else it should take your mind off the sunburn for a while!

My neighbors daughter who’s still breastfeeding her 2 year old told me breast milk is almost magical and can cure all kinds of things for her child from skin rashes to eye infections. I’d suggest you find a lactating lady and give that a try. If nothing else it should take your mind off the sunburn for a while!
Take the shotgun approach and get a lactating lady to rub you down with dung from hemp-fed cows.

I once had a sunburn so bad boils started popping up all over my neck. Extreme discomfort is an understatement.

All I did was rub aloe gel all over it until it healed.

Milk of magnesia. Yeah, go ahead and start with silly comments. It works. You'll look fugly, but the relief is worth it!

VN Store

Back