Summitt sick about what's happening.

Pat is obviously a great recruiter of talent. Let's see if she's a great coach of talent as well.

The most ridiculous post ever on Vol Nation. :crazy:

8 banners in the rafters and 1000+ wins. You have the nerve to say, "Let's see if she's a great coach of talent as well."

The most ridiculous post ever on Vol Nation. :crazy:

8 banners in the rafters and 1000+ wins. You have the nerve to say, "Let's see if she's a great coach of talent as well."

when the women's game was /very/ young. She was the first to establish a serious program--and deserves great credit for that, but her record over the last 12 or so years has been spotty, for sure. She went a decade without a title until landing Parker, who was the best player in the game and carried the Vols on her back to two titles. When Parker wasn't on the court, the Vols offense collapsed. Summitt has had trouble recruiting good all-around players, which is odd because we've got the best program in the game (along with uconn, it must be said). She signs a lot of AAs, but a lot of them turn out to be one-dimensional, and she has not had much success finding good guards--a crucial position. She's very old school with her obsession with defense, which I suppose is to be expected for someone who has been coaching UT for 35 years. I'd like to see her hang it up in five years--but it's hard to give up all that adulation.

when the women's game was /very/ young. She was the first to establish a serious program--and deserves great credit for that, but her record over the last 12 or so years has been spotty, for sure. She went a decade without a title until landing Parker, who was the best player in the game and carried the Vols on her back to two titles. When Parker wasn't on the court, the Vols offense collapsed. Summitt has had trouble recruiting good all-around players, which is odd because we've got the best program in the game (along with uconn, it must be said). She signs a lot of AAs, but a lot of them turn out to be one-dimensional, and she has not had much success finding good guards--a crucial position. She's very old school with her obsession with defense, which I suppose is to be expected for someone who has been coaching UT for 35 years. I'd like to see her hang it up in five years--but it's hard to give up all that adulation.

Sorry this is one of the most laughable post that I have ever read on this forum.

In the last 12 years the LV's have won:
4 National Championships
9 final fours
8 SEC Championships
6 SEC Tourney Championships

If thats spotty, I'll take spotty everyday

VN Store

Back