Summitt, Lady Vols Renew Rivalry with Virginia Monday Evening

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
The #7/6-ranked Tennessee Lady Vols, 1-0 overall, welcome the #15-ranked VirginiaCavaliers, also 1-0, to Knoxville for both teams' second game of the season onMon., Nov. 17 at 7 p.m.

More...

This should be a good game. Virginia has some good players on their team.

Cavaliers junior guard Monica Wright is a Wooden Award candidate, a Wade Watch list member and made the All-Atlantic Coast Conference preseason team.
Marquee names dot Lady Vols, Virginia lineups : Women's Basketball : GoVolsXtra.com

Kelley Cain will be re-evaluated after shoot-around tomorrow to see whether or not she will play. Angie Bjorklund and Vicki Baugh will not be playing.

There have been a couple of upsets so far this season. #5 Maryland lost on Friday and #2 Stanford lost today.

I do think this will be a hard game for them. I do not think they can come out like they did against SF and win this thing. Johnson and Stricklin are going to have to step up and be the leaders of the freshman. They have to hold Wright and not let her get hot. If they do this they will win the game.

Lady Vols up 43-35 at the half

Sydney Smallbone with 9 points
Briana Bass with 7 points
Shekinna Stricklen with 7 points
Glory Johnson with 6 points

Kelley Cain is playing and she has 4 points

very young team and they did not looked well coached at all in the 2nd half.
PITIFUL DEFENSE AND DEFENSIVE REBOUNDING.
that sounds like a theme the last 5 years but we have always had a great player to get it done...i.e..Candace
but wow....didn't like player rotation that much in the last 8 minutes but....
I think that this team has TREMENDOUS potential and upside.
Could be Pat's greatest coaching in next year or two.

VN Store

Back