SUMMITT AMONG USA TODAY’S WOMEN OF THE CENTURY

VA_VOLFAN

Just came back from a benefit sale and bought this...
main_1576535491-Pat-Summitt-Signed-Raise-The-Roof-Hardcover-Book-Inscribed-Best-Wishes-PSA-COA-PristineAuction.com.jpg

I can’t think of anyone that has had such a positive effect on WBB, students, coaches, athletes, men, women both older and young alike. If more people were like her and stay true themselves things would be a lot simpler and loving. If anyone deserves this it’s certainly Pat. Even though she treated everyone with respect and honesty rich or poor I couldn’t help feeling honored to be in her presence. She was truly one of a kind.

Not to "dim the shine" on our Pat, but there is another Tennessee Lady on this list. Mrs. Rudolph Ward from Clarksville. If we had of had the same press/social/TV coverage back in her competitive time she would have been nearly as highly thought of as Pat. Her's is a heart warming story. Placing two women from our great state on this list ain't bad!!

Reactions: krichunaka
Not to "dim the shine" on our Pat, but there is another Tennessee Lady on this list. Mrs. Rudolph Ward from Clarksville. If we had of had the same press/social/TV coverage back in her competitive time she would have been nearly as highly thought of as Pat. Her's is a heart warming story. Placing two women from our great state on this list ain't bad!!

That comment could never dim the shine on Pat or her accomplishments ! if anything Pat would be proud of the Tennessee gals and what they were able to accomplish as women in their respective sports!

it’s a huge honor to Wilma Rudolph as well and as a track junkie myself i’m glad to see it !

VN Store

Back