Suggestions for freak

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
I know there's a lot that still needs to be done to make this place as homey as the last. And I'll get to it. Just give me a little time and patience. I had to do the difficult stuff first, then on to the easier stuff.

1. Check on post counts and likes not quite adding up. May have to do with archived forums or banned members. Looking into it. (issue found. will be fixed.)
  2. Set a filter option so you can ignore forums from the new posts search, like Politics.
  3. Embeds. Hudl. 247. Rivals.
  4. Add forum list to top menu.
  5. Add tags for those who helped beta test.
  6. Fix iphone emojis.
  7. Corrected links to all threads and forums, including on the home page. They now work correctly.
  8. Fix the colors on quote/reply button when highlighting text
  9. Fix old embeds from twitter, youtube, hudl, etc.
  10. Add the ability to edit signatures and user titles.
  11. Add back some of the emojis from the old site.
  12. Add back showing total users online.
  13. Rebuild the search index so pre-upgrade post and threads show in search results.
  14. Fix issue where users can't view profile pages.
  15. Fix typos in recruiting forum description.
  16. Style the report post button to look like the other buttons so it's less confusing.
  17. Add a link back to the current forum at the bottom of individual threads for Tennessee forums and other forums
  18. Add thread prefixes for different sports in the lady vols forum.
  19. Set up a test skin that hides avatars and images in posts, for those at work who don't wish to see them.
  20. Publish two more color options for the main site style: orange and 'rock'
  21. Add most liked posts back to the recruiting main page, and others.
  22. Fix the recent threads widget on the home page.
  23. Add more years to the recruiting forum player thread prefixes so users can search prospects by year.
  24. Fix links to Grizzlies, Preds and Titans links on home page.
  25. Address issue with bellsouth users not receiving site emails.
  26. Add stars under user name for years of membership.
  27. Check that user titles are white on some tablets and the profile area gets smaller.
  28. Fix the new posts and news stories on the home page after Thursday's back end software upgrade.
  29. Fix some errors with video embeds.
  30. Add a bunch of media sites to the audio embed media list.
  31. Fix code to allow some users to embed mp4 video links
  32. Look into issue where some names don't fit in the avatar user details column
  33. Look into issue with google sheets spreadsheet on home page giving permission errors to some users.
  34. Update or removed forum descriptions. The one's we have were hidden on the old board and they're from like 2006.
  35. Fix articles on home page to bold popular links.
  36. Repost Board Rules. They are missing since the update.
  37. Add link back to the VolNation Store
  38. Fix rss feed to work with other scripts.

Fix FreakNotes user connections. Tied to old software.

Add suggestions or issues below and I'll get to it. I promise.

Last edited:
Went to home page and every thread I clicked on couldn't be found. Clicked on the Around the NCAA forum and it said it couldn't be found either. What am I doing wrong?

Went to home page and every thread I clicked on couldn't be found. Clicked on the Around the NCAA forum and it said it couldn't be found either. What am I doing wrong?
The home page threads aren't update yet for the new site.

Woah lots of changes! Awesome job Freak!! Thank you so much for putting so much work into this!!

Attached photos show up as a subset of the post area on mobile. Personally I like the old way better where it fits it to the largest area possible. Also if you click on the subset area to expand them, I only see a jpg icon where the picture should be.

Attached photos show up as a subset of the post area on mobile. Personally I like the old way better where it fits it to the largest area possible. Also if you click on the subset area to expand them, I only see a jpg icon where the picture should be.
Don't attach the photos. Use the picture icon.

Just copy/paste or drag/drop the photo. Don't really need to do attachments any more

Reactions: Freak

VN Store

Back