Sugar Bowl if we go 9-2, Right?

If Tennessee loses to Bama but beats Georgia. Ole Miss beats Bama but loses in sec title game to Tennessee. You have four SEC teams with 1 loss, if all those games are close wtf do you do with those teams?

In this exact scenario.....we get in. No questions asked

If Tennessee loses to Bama but beats Georgia. Ole Miss beats Bama but loses in sec title game to Tennessee. You have four SEC teams with 1 loss, if all those games are close wtf do you do with those teams?
I'm going to say with very little hesitation that Bama and UGA will get in and OM/UT will maybe get NYD 6 bowl berths.

I think UT will drop a lot more than they should if they lose this weekend and very likely will remain behind UGA in spite of beating them on the road later.

I actually do think UT can get in if they beat Bama and lose to UGA IF UGA wins out.

I'm going to say with very little hesitation that Bama and UGA will get in and OM/UT will maybe get NYD 6 bowl berths.

I think UT will drop a lot more than they should if they lose this weekend and very likely will remain behind UGA in spite of beating them on the road later.

I actually do think UT can get in if they beat Bama and lose to UGA IF UGA wins out.
There’s no way if Tennessee won the sec they wouldn’t be in unless they had two losses which I don’t see being possible.

I could see Ole Miss going to the Sugar Bowl Orange Bowl or Cotton Bowl,Georgia going to the Cotton Bowl,Orange Bowl or Sugar Bowl and both Alabama and Tennessee going to the Playoffs.
Doubt if Ole Miss goes to the Sugar Bowl since they went last year.

There’s no way if Tennessee won the sec they wouldn’t be in unless they had two losses which I don’t see being possible.
The scenario as I understood it was that all had one loss not that UT won the SEC. If there were 4 one loss teams in the SEC then the champion would be in. Did I misunderstand?

The scenario as I understood it was that all had one loss not that UT won the SEC. If there were 4 one loss teams in the SEC then the champion would be in. Did I misunderstand?
If Tennessee beats Georgia but loses to Bama and Bama loses to ole miss, it would be ole miss vs Tennessee in the conference title. If they win four sec teams would have one loss assuming they don’t lose to anyone else

Is that about right?
10-2 but yes we would definitely be in Sugar playing Okla St, TCU, Kansas St or Texas. Unless Bama loses 2 games, then we would likely be in Orange vs ACC team or Cotton vs Cincy or coastal Carolina

Dec. 31 in New Orleans: The top-ranked SEC team outside the playoff in the final CFP committee ranking goes to the Sugar Bowl
Dec. 30 in Miami: After the playoff semifinals, the Sugar Bowl and Rose Bowl, are filled, the highest-ranked remaining team from the SEC, Big Ten and Notre Dame goes to the Orange Bowl opposite the ACC’s
Jan. 2 in Arlington, Texas: The final New Year’s Six bowl berth goes to an at-large team in the Cotton Bowl. The highest-ranked Group of Five conference team will be the opponent here. The at-large slot in the Cotton Bowl goes to the highest-ranked team remaining after the other New Year’s Six bowls are filled. At worst, that team would be ranked 12th in the final CFP committee

If we go 11-1, in which we beat AL but not UGA (or visa versa) there’s a likelihood that we get in the CFP without even playing in the SECCG. It would be an outside shot but that happened to Alabama a few years ago, when they and UGA both got in to the CFP.
If we go 11-1 having beat Bama or Ga and don’t get in then it’s a travesty. Although very likely we get left out , if we were ND it’d be a lock

Reactions: MemphisVol77
If Tennessee beats Georgia but loses to Bama and Bama loses to ole miss, it would be ole miss vs Tennessee in the conference title. If they win four sec teams would have one loss assuming they don’t lose to anyone else
Yep, essentially saturdays game doesn’t mean a whole lot. It’s November 5 that’s the big one.

Standings/Statistically speaking.

Sugar Bowl,Orange Bowl or Citrus Bowl if Tennessee goes 10-2. If Tennessee goes 11-1 but doesn't go to the SECCG i think they go to the Cotton Bowl,Sugar Bowl or Orange Bowl.
or possibly CFP, especially if Alabama loses SECCG for their second loss

If we have a record of 10-2 and are not in the CFP, it is highly likely we will go to the Sugar Bowl. Several representatives were at the LSU game, and have expressed to DW that we’d be their first choice. That’d be a very exciting step back into the limelight.

wow youre a fine wizard for thinking about that scenario. i kinda want it to happen just to see the chaos of it all. thanks football wizard

VN Store

Back