Sugar Bowl: #15 Texas vs #5 Georgia

2q70es.gif

That gif is a metaphor for how the game went.

Well. So much for being one of the four best teams.
I still think they were. Deserving no, one of the 4 best, yes. Those players were to worried about tweeting making fun of ND and OU playoff games. They should've been humble they were in the Sugar Bowl and took care of buisness. That would've been the biggest tweet they could've sent to the CFP committee.

Mel Tucker being gone looked like it hurt the defense also. Then you have Fromm making bad throws or recievers dropping passes. They just did not want to be there at all.

Reactions: BUBear
Only watched two series to start the third. Fromm looked like he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and I switched over to Law and Order re-runs.

One of the things that really bugged me was at the end of the game one of the announcers said something along the lines of... "Georgia had the chance to show the world how good they were and were unable to do"

I disagree... I fact, I would argue that showing the world how good they are is exactly what they did. And how good they are is just not that damn good. I don't know what it's gonna take to get most people to realize UGA simply isn't an elite team this year.

Didn't win their conference... Lost 2 (now 3 games)... Nothing even close to a great win. In fact, it could be argued they lost to the 3 best teams they played... They didn't belong and it was obvious long before last night.

So.... I hate to say I told y'all so but.... I told y'all so.

A more likely scenario is that Georgia goes in and reminds the CFP committee that they would have been a better option than either Oklahoma, or Notre Dame, and demolishes Texas.
The t-sips won’t stay within 2 td’s of GA.
UGA will beat them senseless...42-14
texas sucks. They play in an inferior conference. Their strength of schedule is in the 60’s.

Consider this:

They lost to a bad Maryland team.
They only beat Kansas by 7.
Kansas State by 5.
Baylor by 6.

The Big XII isn’t exactly a murderer’s row.

Some real bad pre-game takes on this thread.

Reactions: BUBear
I watched Lou’s postgame video. He wasn’t flying off the handle. Actually proved us all right. GA didn’t show up for this game and Fromm really doesn’t give a **** when it counts. Unless GA gets another Tua type QB I honestly don’t think they will ever win a NC anytime soon. Kirby is a good coach and will be one of the greats one day. He just needs to utilize his players more affectively. Overall great game until Texas started playing like garbage. Those last 2 mins almost cost them the game..

Reactions: GroverCleveland
...and to think - Mark Richt got fired after losing 3 games.
Richt got fired because of multiple years they were supposed to be "elite" or had top talent and missed out on winning the division. He wasn't fired for years like 2012 per se - he was fired for years like 2004, 2008, 2013, and 2015.

2004: Preseason #3 but Tennessee wins the East
2008: Preseason #1 but Florida wins the East. This was the year with Stafford, Moreno, and A.J. Green but they managed to lose 3 games, 2 of which were a blowout loss to Florida and a loss to Tech
2013: Preseason #5 but Mizzou wins the East. A 5-loss season
2015: Preseason #9, projected to win East. Florida ends up winning it. Got curb stomped by Alabama and Florida, as well as blew a huge lead in Neyland and lost to us

I love how in some of their really disappointing years, a loss to Tennessee, and quite often a loss to a Tennessee team that wasn't even all that good, figured prominently in why it was disappointing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tidal Surge
Loved every Texas touchdown more then the last by the time it was 28-7 I was over the ****ing moon

Tom Herman and Texas meaninglessness bowl game my ass he says lol you better believe they take that confidence into next year

Just like Fla stomping a hole in Michigan ass think that ain’t a confidence builder lol ya it’s meaningless if u don’t make a playoff

Richt got fired because of multiple years they were supposed to be "elite" or had top talent and missed out on winning the division. He wasn't fired for years like 2012 per se - he was fired for years like 2004, 2008, 2013, and 2015.

2004: Preseason #3 but Tennessee wins the East
2008: Preseason #1 but Florida wins the East. This was the year with Stafford, Moreno, and A.J. Green but they managed to lose 3 games, 2 of which were a blowout loss to Florida and a loss to Tech
2013: Preseason #5 but Mizzou wins the East. A 5-loss season
2015: Preseason #9, projected to win East. Florida ends up winning it. Got curb stomped by Alabama and Florida, as well as blew a huge lead in Neyland and lost to us

I love how in some of their really disappointing years, a loss to Tennessee, and quite often a loss to a Tennessee team that wasn't even all that good, figured prominently in why it was disappointing.
He was a victim of timing as much as anything else. Everybody knew Kirby Smart was about to land a head coaching job somewhere and he was the logical next step for UGA. It was easy for the boosters to pull the trigger.

He was a victim of timing as much as anything else. Everybody knew Kirby Smart was about to land a head coaching job somewhere and he was the logical next step for UGA. It was easy for the boosters to pull the trigger.
Unless he won a title between the time the boosters deciding they wanted to make a change and them finding the right guy, he was going to be fired at some point. There were a bunch of people who wanted him gone after 2010 or during the 2011 season, but there wasn't a clear cut better alternative, and he cooled his own seat down a bit by almost winning the SEC in 2012.

Unless he won a title between the time the boosters deciding they wanted to make a change and them finding the right guy, he was going to be fired at some point. There were a bunch of people who wanted him gone after 2010 or during the 2011 season, but there wasn't a clear cut better alternative, and he cooled his own seat down a bit by almost winning the SEC in 2012.
It's funny how their memories got short. Richt got them to where they hadn't been in 15 years and was pure class but people couldn't stand seeing Alabama, Florida, Auburn, LSU, Tennessee and even Georgia Tech have national titles since they managed to get one.

I still think they were. Deserving no, one of the 4 best, yes. Those players were to worried about tweeting making fun of ND and OU playoff games. They should've been humble they were in the Sugar Bowl and took care of buisness. That would've been the biggest tweet they could've sent to the CFP committee.

Mel Tucker being gone looked like it hurt the defense also. Then you have Fromm making bad throws or recievers dropping passes. They just did not want to be there at all.
That's just an excuse for losing. It doesn't wash because last night's game was a carbon copy of their loss to LSU. Georgia was whipped at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. They couldn't run the ball, which is their forte. In particular, watch a replay and you will see Freshman OT Isaiah Wilson getting consistently beaten by his man. It doesn't have any impact on the future. Georgia will rule the SEC East for years to come and be a national championship contender... but as for 2018? They were not one of the top 4 teams in the country. They were a 3 loss team who was beaten soundly twice (and yes they were, that final score doesn't do the game justice).

VN Store

Back