Sub Par 2 years in a row.

NashvilleUTVol

For a second year in a row UT is on the outside looking in as other SEC schools stack up on top rated talent.Two sub par recruiting classes dosen't spell doom for the UT football program but the gap has widened even further as LSU, Florida, Alabama,Georgia, and even South Carolina surpass UT in talent recruited.

UT had 4 important needs coming into this recruiting season.

1. Quarter Back: None signed and a highly rated prospect sent packing early. System is highly important to Kiffen so he has high standards and will only target proto type athletes he wants.The negative, Ut lost out on some highly tuaghted offensive players and signed few.So another wait till next year to sign the man.

2.Wide Receiver: Losing Marlon Brown to Georgia hurt and was egg in the face but in the end UT did well in this area.This postion will improve and stay talented but wont prosper until 2011 once we have a better QB and a Line to give a QB time in the pocket.

3. Ofensive Line: The depth chart is not as deep as UT has enoyed in the past and the previous years play has some doubting their ability others blame Clausen. What ever the reason for last year dismal performance UT needed some help with this class and only signed 2 recruits.To most watching this is the biggest disapointment to the 2009 class.2010 will need to be strong with quality offensive linemen or UT will slide even further.

4. Defensive Line: Another area where depth is shallow.Another area where 2 more top notch recruits would have made a huge impact. Expect the current players to step it up with the new staff and next year land 4 top rated recruits.

Some will blast this hard core UT fan for being a realist and some may agree with my assesment.The bar is high in the SEC and when I say sub par I only compare to ranking with other SEC schools.

I for one am excited about the new coaching staff and look forward to the next season. I also beleave Kiffen needs 2 more years recruiting to get top notch classes and 3 to 4 years coaching to compete with the current SEC elite.The question is will UT fans be patient enough to wait.

Go Vols.

For a second year in a row UT is on the outside looking in as other SEC schools stack up on top rated talent.Two sub par recruiting classes dosen't spell doom for the UT football program but the gap has widened even further as LSU, Florida, Alabama,Georgia, and even South Carolina surpass UT in talent recruited.

1. Quarter Back: None signed and a highly rated prospect sent packing early. System is highly important to Kiffen so he has high standards and will only target proto type athletes he wants.The negative, Ut lost out on some highly tuaghted offensive players and signed few.So another wait till next year to sign the man.

2.Wide Receiver: Losing Marlon Brown to Georgia hurt and was egg in the face but in the end UT did well in this area.This postion will improve and stay talented but wont prosper until 2011 once we have a better QB and a Line to give a QB time in the pocket.

3. Ofensive Line: The depth chart is not as deep as UT has enoyed in the past and the previous years play has some doubting their ability others blame Clausen. What ever the reason for last year dismal performance UT needed some help with this class and only signed 2 recruits.To most watching this is the biggest disapointment to the 2009 class.2010 will need to be strong with quality offensive linemen or UT will slide even further.

4. Defensive Line: Another area where depth is shallow.Another area where 2 more top notch recruits would have made a huge impact. Expect the current players to step it up with the new staff and next year land 4 top rated recruits.

Some will blast this hard core UT fan for being a realist and some may agree with my assesment.The bar is high in the SEC and when I say sub par I only compare to ranking with other SEC schools.

I for one am excited about the new coaching staff and look forward to the next season. I also beleave Kiffen needs 2 more years recruiting to get top notch classes and 3 to 4 years coaching to compete with the current SEC elite.The question is will UT fans be patient enough to wait.

Go Vols.

You can't be a fan. You have no idea who our coach is. Kiffen? Where does he coach?

Any validity that your post had was lost when I read "beleaved Kiffen".

Go Vols.

How do you figure that our WR won't be able to really contribute until 2011? We have a solid OL on the roster once they are in a better conditioning program. We could use more depth but that won't have a huge impact on next year's OL unless we get decimated with injuries. We will sign a large OL class next year. More and more we are seeing true freshmen come in and make an impact so I don't agree with your 2011 assessment.

Nice post with some good insight. Misspelling words does not make him wrong. Nice job!!!

Go Vols.

What is there to blast? You just stated the obvious while picking no sides.

3. Ofensive Line: The depth chart is not as deep as UT has enoyed in the past and the previous years play has some doubting their ability others blame Clausen.

There wasn't a Clausen on the field last year either.

I am pleased overall. However, I am not sure if Bro-in-law David Reaves was able to shore up the East Coast like I hoped......except for holding on to Schofield.

By the time CLK & Staff gets done with this current crop of recruits they'll be playing like they were rated in the Top 10.

Go Vols.

This is spot on

Any validity that your post had was lost when I read "beleaved Kiffen".

Don't forget we didn't sign a Quarter Back...

Either he doesn't know or he has a premature space bar thumb...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

maybe someone should start a thread on how to spell the mans name.
couldnt hurt with all the senseless threads that get started on here.
right?

What is there to blast? You just stated the obvious while picking no sides.
I"m not sure what side you speak of, but if you are referring to the coaches it is hard to take sides as a game has yet to be played. This time next year I will have a better picture but I will take the side of the Vols and that Bama sucks.

I"m not sure what side you speak of, but if you are referring to the coaches it is hard to take sides as a game has yet to be played. This time next year I will have a better picture but I will take the side of the Vols and that Bama sucks.

Say what you want about Bama but Saban has done a remarkable job in just 2 years. Honestly i expect the same with the staff we have put together.
You are spot on with your analysis. O-line is what we needed to address and we didn't. Not all Kiffin's fault. We were behind the 8 ball from the get go. But in my opinion we should have been able to hold onto Stokes, Phillips, and Oku. I still think we should have given Boyd a chance at QB. JMO

i dont disagree that we didnt have a stellar class, but anyone who expected it to be amazing was kidding himself. The coaches were together for a month trying to build relationships with players that other coaches had had at least a year to build. Also remember that stars arent everything, and that the sky is the limit for a lot of players as long as they are well coached. Just don't complain about this years class... it should have been expected. Now if next year's class isn't great, i, like many will be surprised.

Guys the players we signed are good players don't look at the stars we finally went back to getting some athletes and not stars. Askew will be just as good in our system as Jenkins will be for the Gators. Yeah I said it. Watch out for this class. Also we have talent on this team. So don't panic we did what we needed to do in a first year. We stole a few guys and we lost a few that don't want to compete for PT. So what next year we'll have the No.1 class in the nation.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I would be pissed if I live in Lavergne,TN as well....

Never said I was pissed. I rather like living in Lavergne right off the Lake and close to everything. I lived in Franklin for awhile as well and enjoyed my home there but the houses were to close together. I prefer my large home on 3 acres and fishing more than a wo who of I live in Franklin.

Never said I was pissed. I rather like living in Lavergne right off the Lake and close to everything. I lived in Franklin for awhile as well and enjoyed my home there but the houses were to close together. I prefer my large home on 3 acres and fishing more than a wo who of I live in Franklin.

had to get out of the trailer court huh?:eek:k:

VN Store

Back