students have bought less than 7500 tix

I hate to say it but if you have students who aren't willing to pay 10 bucks to go to a game then you probably don't really want them there to begin with.
There are just too many more fans out there who would love to be sitting in that stadium who'd gladly sit in those seats no matter what the weather is.

I hate to say it but if you have students who aren't willing to pay 10 bucks to go to a game then you probably don't really want them there to begin with.
There are just too many more fans out there who would love to be sitting in that stadium who'd gladly sit in those seats no matter what the weather is.

Actually recent attendance numbers state otherwise..

Let me guess lib arts major? Overall entitled, clearly not a vol fan but on a vol web site, trying to make a dumb point...or you don't actually go here.

Supply Chain Mgmt major in the Haslam CBA.

Let me guess...you're one of those people who thinks Knoxville is the greatest place on Earth.

Winning solves everything

I agree. As bad as I hate to say this but fans don't want to keep paying money and put up with the traffic and all the crowds just to go and watch us get blowed out in sec games. Until we start winning a few of these gms it will probably stay like that with ticket sales. You have to win some games here and there to keep the fan base interested in going.

I will now be watching Tennesse vs Georgia Saturday. This is why. Government Shutdown!

So know this is off topic. But my plans this weekend was to be at the Navy/Air Force game in Annapolis. My 20th reunion from Annapolis. Wife has never been there and it is a great experience especially watching a game between service academies.

Well looks like I may be in my hotel watching Tennessee game (if I can find it on cable) because the damn government shutdown the DOD in their infinite wisdom decided that Academy athletics was a government non-essential function and cancelling the game. So probably $1,000,000 in TV rights for both teams for CBS coverage. Plus 40,000 tickets (I had 3 of those btw), plus hotels, plus catering for tail gates, restaurants, parking, etc... The amount of damn taxes collected is more than the government would spend on this game. Which btw, the athletic departments of the academies are independent of the government. Federal Reserve is not buying football uniforms for Army/Navy. Ticket sales, donors, and TV rights fund the athletic departments It is only ancillary funds that are in question. Security and meals while players travel they were normally eating at the Academy.

So here's to watching TN/GA Saturday and what a messed up bunch of politicians we have when we use political chess to punish the best and brightest this country has to offer who after graduation will be going to defend our freedoms. And it isn't even a good business decision! Damn economy a college football game generates is worth putting it on.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm a student, and I'm going to every home game this season, especially since it's my last year. However, I can't really fault my peers for not going. The only allure of going to the game instead of watching in HD on a comfortable couch with beer and A/C is the atmosphere of the stadium, and that atmosphere is in slow decline until we start winning again.

As a side note, I personally get more excited for and enjoy the weather, atmosphere, and lighting of night games. Day games are definitely more uncomfortable. Even more so when you're in the student section standing for 80% of the game (sometimes more or less depending on what the score looks like).

Reactions: 1 person
Man take yo sorry ass to a bama board if you wanna talk ish about the vols!! Yeah we are down but I'll be damn if I lose pride and blasphemous crap!!

Hell yell yell him bro. Sounds like to me this guy isn't all vol. So what the hell is he doing on vol nation. Its people like him that we don't want on here. GO VOLS

I will now be watching Tennesse vs Georgia Saturday. This is why. Government Shutdown!

So know this is off topic. But my plans this weekend was to be at the Navy/Air Force game in Annapolis. My 20th reunion from Annapolis. Wife has never been there and it is a great experience especially watching a game between service academies.

Well looks like I may be in my hotel watching Tennessee game (if I can find it on cable) because the damn government shutdown the DOD in their infinite wisdom decided that Academy athletics was a government non-essential function and cancelling the game. So probably $1,000,000 in TV rights for both teams for CBS coverage. Plus 40,000 tickets (I had 3 of those btw), plus hotels, plus catering for tail gates, restaurants, parking, etc... The amount of damn taxes collected is more than the government would spend on this game. Which btw, the athletic departments of the academies are independent of the government. Federal Reserve is not buying football uniforms for Army/Navy. Ticket sales, donors, and TV rights fund the athletic departments It is only ancillary funds that are in question. Security and meals while players travel they were normally eating at the Academy.

So here's to watching TN/GA Saturday and what a messed up bunch of politicians we have when we use political chess to punish the best and brightest this country has to offer who after graduation will be going to defend our freedoms. And it isn't even a good business decision! Damn economy a college football game generates is worth putting it on.
Academy grad? When did you get out?

most students would rather party hard at sports bars and frats, with tons of cold beer, jack daniels, wings, burgers and hot chicks sitting on their lap

Reactions: 1 person
As a student at UT I'd rather spend my 10 bucks on beer than watch that utter crap on the field at Neyland. I still wouldn't go even if tickets were free. The team sucks, the stadium is a dump, no alcohol is allowed, and you are exposed to the elements.

I'd much rather sit in my apartment with my 40" flat screen, invite some friends over, and get drunk while watching Worley complete more passes to the other team.

Exposed to the elements lol our students are pansies

Reactions: 2 people
A guy brought up a good theory to me at work about student attendance. I was gone before they started charging (which is BS). He blames it on the Hope Scholarship. He said students now go to UTK because it is the best bang for their buck and not because they bleed orange.

They don't go because there is no wifi and cell service sucks. Why go to a game if you can't stare at your phone all game long. Besides they would have to actually go outside, something they never did as kids unlike previous generations.

I know a guy that graduated from UT last year. He said why did UT have to suck the entire time I was in school. He thought Dooley would fix things. He's from Alabama so he gets teased long and often at home.

Once again I say that it is stupid to charge students for tickets. Next to all of the losing, it is the biggest reason that Neyland has become less than hostile to opponents.

As a student at UT I'd rather spend my 10 bucks on beer than watch that utter crap on the field at Neyland. I still wouldn't go even if tickets were free. The team sucks, the stadium is a dump, no alcohol is allowed, and you are exposed to the elements.

I'd much rather sit in my apartment with my 40" flat screen, invite some friends over, and get drunk while watching Worley complete more passes to the other team.

spend my 10 bucks on beer - I remember my first beer... 10 bucks, that's cute.

the stadium is a dump - it's listed by mulitiple sources as one of the top 10 stadiums in the nation... try again.

no alcohol is allowed - Keyword "Allowed"

you are exposed to the elements - Hahahahaha!!! enough said.

40" flat screen - Wow, 40 inches, you must be so proud...

invite some friends over- That's a short list, I bet.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back